Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #31
lorli
Perfectly Pixieish

If he actually tries to walk it and Disney lets him on their roads since there are few sidewalks, I bet he doesn't walk back to the hotel.

March 29-April 6, SSR, December 6-9, 2012, All-Star Sports, Surprize visit, March 31-April 7, 2012 Kidani Village, August 23-September 1, 2011 Boardwalk Villas, August 17 -26, 2010 Kidani Village, April 17 -24, 2010 SSR, Oct. 3-7, 2009 SSR. April 10-18, 2009 OKW,August 19-28, 2008 AKV, August 14-21, 2007 SSR, June 26 - July 5, 2007 SSR, Nov. 30-Dec. 5, 2006 SSR, August 22-31,2006 First time home SSR, August 2005 All-Star Movie, August 2004 - Pop Century, October 1998 - Off Disney
lorli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #32
backpacktwang
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeltdisneygirl View Post
Yowza! I don't think people have a concept of what Disney is like until they get there. I had no idea the first time we went that you had to take buses to each separate park. I also (don't make fun of me now) thought that Harry Potter was there! Oops. Luckily my parents schooled me. By the next year I was schooling them on all the ways it is better to do Disney from all the research I did. I was convinced there were better ways to do Disney than to keep crossing the parks and such. I was right. There are much better ways.

Obviously with the wife having gone as a child, things have changed repeatedly, so she has no idea what it will be like! They are in for a rude awakening!!!
Up until a couple of months ago, I thought Harry Potter was there too. Thank God for DisBoards and all the great people on here who have helped me plan... Our first trip would have been a mess!
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #33
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpacktwang View Post
Up until a couple of months ago, I thought Harry Potter was there too. Thank God for DisBoards and all the great people on here who have helped me plan... Our first trip would have been a mess!
Tru dat. Between the DIS, Allears, Touringplans, Mousesavers, and the actual Disney website, I researched my butt off for the second trip, and it was wonderful! The first trip I sat down and cried the second day in b/c my parents didn't understand the fastpass system even after two trips and did not use them properly. I have bad feet and I was in so much pain from crisscrossing the parks. I'm a pro now! Everyone looks to me for trip planning now!!!
--------------------------

Can you imagine how early they would have to get up for ropedrop? It's not like it is just walking a straight 2 miles like we would at home. With all the traffic and buses, not to mention crossing the street in that, it will take a long time. If they have young kids, a stroller, and a bunch of junk to carry, it will take even longer. I'm sorry, I exercise a lot, but I would never want to work that hard on my vacation in the heat. I want to sit in the air conditioning and let someone else drive me.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #34
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
. I've never added up the prices like that. For our upcoming trip, we are there for 17 nights. That would be over $200! Just on parking!
It does sound crazy when you start adding up the cost. It would make it worth it for one family member to get an annual pass just to get free parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
In 80 degree+ heat?
More like 100+ degrees since they are going this summer.

This guy is a cheapskate and a bully! I hope his wife straightens him out. There are very few sidewalks in FL, and none in WDW. A guy just got hit and killed here this past Saturday picking up cans on the side of the road. He would putting his entire family's life at risk to even try this stunt.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #35
lroger01
DIS Veteran

OP, if you decide to help this "teacher" at all, I suggest you have the "help" come from your parents. Just a quick email mentioning his comment and setting him straight should do it. You might also consider attaching a photo mapping out the distance from I-4 to the MK.

He may not want to take advice from students, but might listen up if it came from another adult. For the sake of his family, I'd think I'd at least try and set him straight.

Remember forum newbies
When responding to first timers, please make an effort to spell out acronyms the first time you use them in a post. The newbies will thank you!
lroger01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #36
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Smile

Personally, I think he is probably going to Disneyland, but is amongst the many that don't know the difference especially if he has never been before. At Disneyland he can usually walk to the parks. If not, it won't take long before he realizes his mistake. If he stays on 192 it's a twelve mile walk to MK alone.

On a different comment, I'm sure that Disney was concerned about the loss of income because of people parking in the DTD lot, but I think the biggest problem came from the retailers in DTD complaining about the prime parking spots being taken up by the freebie seekers. The parks open up earlier then the stores in DTD so the parking spaces would be filled with park people. I don't think it would take a sane person more than one time to realize that that free parking has a big cost in lost time now.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #37
3girls4me05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaTourist View Post
And this guy is teaching our young people.

Unbeeeeleeeeeeevabubble.

I laugh at the sheer cheapskatedness of the guy, but I pity his poor kids. They're the ones that will pay the price. And I hope his wife slaps him upside the back of his head and says "Stick a crowbar in your wallet and pry out $14 x 6 days = $84 to park."

Luckily one of the few things we do not make our teachers responsible for is teaching the students all about Disney World.
He will figure it out and I am sure it will be before he tries to walk. The hotel will let the know what a horrid idea it is or his wife will talk sense in to him.
Previous trips
8/29-8/30/08-ASSp
8/21-8/29/08-ASMu
4/02-CSR
6/89-FW (trailers back then)
3girls4me05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #38
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
Oh my gosh! They're probably going to get about a half a mile down the street then run out of sidewalk and be left standing around confused. Can you imagine looking out the window of your resort bus to the parks and seeing a exhausted family traipsing through the grass by the side of the road?? *laughing*
and who knows what could be slithering in that grass.....
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #39
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #40
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

whats that saying
Ignorance is Bliss

hope he was joking.....
you cant walk in anyway...where, along the parkway/road????
dont think so...
Old 02-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #41
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

He is probably (hopefully??) going to Disneyland.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #42
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

poohies >>>>
OMG! What time was this... I wonder how long it took them to get that far... And how long it will take then to get to the gate?

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #43
Just_Trish
Mouseketeer

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Literally, this is the funniest thing ever!! I can see it now, they're staying at one of the Good Neighbor Hotels and make it to DTD...imagine if they go into a store and ask "How much further to the MK?"

19 MAGICAL TRIPS...
March 2001 – ASMo June 2001 - ASMu July 2002 - Coronado Springs May 2003 - AKL Sept 2004 - POP - MNSSHP Oct 2005 - ASSp - MNSSHP Feb 2007 - POP - Pirate & Princess Party Nov 2009 – POP - DDs Sweet 16, MNSSHP
Sept 2010 - POP - MNSSHP Dec 2010 - POP - MVMCP Oct 2011 – POP - MNSSHP Feb 2012 - POP - One More Disney Day Whole 24 Hrs! May 2012 - POP Oct 2012 – POP - MNSSHP Dec 2012 – POP - MVMCP March 2013 - POP - My 40th B'day!
May 2013 - POP - Monstrous Summer - Whole 24 Hours! October 2013 - POP - MNSSHP
May 2014 – POP – Rock Your Disney Side – Whole 24 Hours!

Upcoming Trips
Aug 2014 - POP - Villains Unleashed! Sept 2014 – POP – MNSSHP Nov 2014 – Port Orleans Royal Room – Dds 21st B'Day! Dec 2014 – POP – MVMCP
Just_Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #44
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dizney View Post

I'm sure he plans to use Disney's transportation for resort guests and not pay for that either. SMH!

Disney Transportation is not just for resort guests, it's provided for anyone who visits WDW.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #45
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
poohies >>>>
OMG! What time was this... I wonder how long it took them to get that far... And how long it will take then to get to the gate?
That image was taken at the intersection of Photo and Shop.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: