Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
MacDalt
DIS Veteran

Ride photos

Someone else asked this on the Tips board and I bumped it up but can't get anyone to answer. I KNOW you guys will answer, LOL. Which rides at MK take a ride photo? I know Buzz and Splash Mt do. Any others? Thanks for the info. My guess is that this will be answered in 25 minutes or less. 😏

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt View Post
Someone else asked this on the Tips board and I bumped it up but can't get anyone to answer. I KNOW you guys will answer, LOL. Which rides at MK take a ride photo? I know Buzz and Splash Mt do. Any others? Thanks for the info. My guess is that this will be answered in 25 minutes or less. ��
Space for sure too....can't think of any others.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
MacDalt
DIS Veteran

Haha! Only took one minute! This board rocks!

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Those are the only three. I've always wondered why you don't get a ride photo on BTMRR, though...

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
Those are the only three. I've always wondered why you don't get a ride photo on BTMRR, though...
I wonder that myself. However, some reasons may be:

- No room for a gift shop in which to sell them. Where you exit the ride is kind of in a corner of MK. It could be done, but might require moving something around to make room for it. Not sure if WDW sees a benefit to doing this if there's a major expense moving something around to accommodate it.

- Not directly associated with a Disney movie. But then Space Mountain isn't either, I don't think.

Photos could certainly be taken as you ascend one of the small hills (inside the moving boulder areas) in BTMRR. That could easily be added, but I think the lack of room for a decent-sized gift shop is the big deterrent from WDW doing this.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
I wonder that myself. However, some reasons may be:

- No room for a gift shop in which to sell them. Where you exit the ride is kind of in a corner of MK. It could be done, but might require moving something around to make room for it. Not sure if WDW sees a benefit to doing this if there's a major expense moving something around to accommodate it.

- Not directly associated with a Disney movie. But then Space Mountain isn't either, I don't think.

Photos could certainly be taken as you ascend one of the small hills (inside the moving boulder areas) in BTMRR. That could easily be added, but I think the lack of room for a decent-sized gift shop is the big deterrent from WDW doing this.
I don't think being associated with a Disney movie makes any difference at all. As you pointed out, Space isn't; neither are RnRC, ToT (they did make a movie about that one, but the ride came first), TT, or EE. I see your point about the gift shop, but surely they could just set up a photo kiosk? That's the setup at some other theme parks I've been to. It just seems like they're missing out on an opportunity to make $$$ there.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
hockey mom
Loves to do the Napkin Dance at Chef Mickeys!
That's what I call soaking up the atmosphere

I have the poster size photo from Splash mountain and Tower of terror. Love them.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #8
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
I don't think being associated with a Disney movie makes any difference at all. As you pointed out, Space isn't; neither are RnRC, ToT (they did make a movie about that one, but the ride came first), TT, or EE. I see your point about the gift shop, but surely they could just set up a photo kiosk? That's the setup at some other theme parks I've been to. It just seems like they're missing out on an opportunity to make $$$ there.
There's plenty of room for a small photo kiosk, either between where you enter and where you exit (you have to walk by this area again when leaving the ride), or possibly across the walkway from the exit. Much smaller than a gift shop, which certainly isn't needed there with no movie or TV merchandise to sell associated with the ride.

I've been going to MK since long before BTMRR existed, but I can't remember if there was a photo taken with it when the ride first started, and maybe people just weren't interested enough to keep them doing it? I wasn't going to MK all that much when the ride first opened.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #9
kimkarli
DIS Veteran

Do the ride photos start at around $20?

TIA

July 2006 DD6 & I ASMO,OKW,BWV
Dec. 2007 DD B-day Trip POR
Nov. 2010 Set Sail on the Wonder!!
March 2013 AoA
kimkarli is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: