Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Just got our room assignment, and I'm so torn!!

It's rm. 6186 on the Dream (I was a 9A GTY). But it's HC accessible. The room reports are very positive, being a huge room with two large sit in portholes. But we don't need a HC room?, I'm really hoping the bed isn't really low to the ground and the bathroom shower water goes all over the place, like in the HC rooms in the resorts. Would this room assignment bother you? I don't know if I should be happy or not?

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
It's rm. 6186 on the Dream. But it's HC accessible. The room reports are very positive, being a huge room with two large sit in portholes. But we don't need a HC room?, I'm really hoping the bed isn't really low to the ground and the bathroom shower water goes all over the place, like in the HC rooms in the resorts. Would this room assignment bother you? I don't know if I should be happy or not?
If I'm on a ship, I'm happy

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
It's rm. 6186 on the Dream (I was a 9A GTY). But it's HC accessible. The room reports are very positive, being a huge room with two large sit in portholes. But we don't need a HC room?, I'm really hoping the bed isn't really low to the ground and the bathroom shower water goes all over the place, like in the HC rooms in the resorts. Would this room assignment bother you? I don't know if I should be happy or not?
I was in a HA corner room. It is huge. The bed is not too low to the ground, but the shower water does get everywhere. You walk in and it's to the left (the shower) and there's only a plastic curtain. It's all tile, no tub. Water everywhere when you shower.

On the other hand, it's bigger than most Euorpean hotels I've stayed in, so that's a plus. Lots of closet space.

Is your room Aft? I was on deck 6, aft, HA room and the thrusters were very very very very noisy at night. If that kind of stuff bothers you, then be forewarned.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
RByers91
Earning My Ears

A family member of mine had one of those rooms. It was very big and didnt seem that bad until we took a look at the bathroom. To be honest, the bathroom felt very hospitalish. He ended up asking for a new room, which they did, and was much happier afterwards. Its really up to you though. Are you willing to sacrifice the split bathroom for more space and visibility? Or would you rather be in a normal room with less space but the standard bathroom layout?
Old 02-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
jrp115
Earning My Ears

They are so nice!! Much easier to walk around in the room. If I could I would book one every time but since I am not H/C I can't . I was on a aft H/C corner room on the magic...
jrp115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
sippican
Mouseketeer

It's a huge cabin. Only you can decide if that's worth the inconvenience of a HA bathroom. It's all about personal preference.
If you decide to ask for a switch, I bet there are plenty of other cruisers that would take it in a heartbeat.
I requested a corner cabin when I booked. Although not officially HA, it does have the same bathroom setup.

Last edited by sippican; 02-26-2013 at 05:31 PM.
sippican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RByers91 View Post
A family member of mine had one of those rooms. It was very big and didnt seem that bad until we took a look at the bathroom. To be honest, the bathroom felt very hospitalish. He ended up asking for a new room, which they did, and was much happier afterwards. Its really up to you though. Are you willing to sacrifice the split bathroom for more space and visibility? Or would you rather be in a normal room with less space but the standard bathroom layout?
Yes hospitalish was the right word.

It worked for us, though, since my toddler stood on the bench and my husband just showered her (but he got all wet).
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RByers91 View Post
............Are you willing to sacrifice the split bathroom for more space and visibility? Or would you rather be in a normal room with less space but the standard bathroom layout?
After reading this; I would go with the larger room and more visibility We have never been in a room like this before, but we spend more time in the room than the bathroom and for us it would be very unlikely that losing the split bathroom would be an issue with us. We have cruises with four people and never once did we say, boy am I really, really glad that we have a split bathroom.

Convenient yes, but for us it's not critical.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
Madhattr
Mouseketeer

We were in 8682 on the Dream a couple of weeks ago. One of the huge cabins all the way aft. This was our VGT room. Massive wrap around balcony was stunning, but to be honest I really disliked the room. Oh I know they have their ardent fans, but I'm not one of them. Water went everywhere in the bathroom and I was constantly toweling it up. The very large center of the room was just one great big empty space. The couch and single chair were dwarfed by the space. Plus one entire rank of drawers was missing in this room. I may be in a minority, but i like the coziness of our normal deluxe family verandas. Again however, the veranda was amazing
Old 02-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp115 View Post
They are so nice!! Much easier to walk around in the room. If I could I would book one every time but since I am not H/C I can't . I was on a aft H/C corner room on the magic...

The rooms on the Magic/Wonder are completely different than the ones on the Dream (which the OP is sailing on) and the Fantasy.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #11
moosecrouse
Mouseketeer

I've done 3 sailings. 1st in a regular cabin and the last 2 in HCA rooms with my mother. To be honest I enjoyed the HCA shower. I'm 6 foot 2 so plenty of room in the shower and never had a problem with water all over the bathroon. Also more room in the bathroom in general.
moosecrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #12
Jillpie

Thanks everyone. Well that's a mixed bag of opinions! Lol now I'm even more confused and torn. But you know what, now that you mention it I think I like the idea of more space and more natural light than anything. The bathroom eh, it's 4 days, I don't think it'll bother me. Now what I can imagine, is sitting on that couch with a nice cup of coffee and looking out of one of those huge portholes.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #13
chateau
DIS Veteran

I LOVED being in that part of the ship!! I didn't have your exact room number but location was GREAT!!

At first I was hesitant, as you are, but it worked out well.

To add to your post above this, I moved the sofa right under the window.... makes for an easy look-out for the kids!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #14
Jillpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
I LOVED being in that part of the ship!! I didn't have your exact room number but location was GREAT!!

At first I was hesitant, as you are, but it worked out well.

To add to your post above this, I moved the sofa right under the window.... makes for an easy look-out for the kids!
I love that idea! My kids won't even be with us and I love it.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #15
JoshAndEmmysMama74
Earning My Ears

Here's a link that has pictures of this room.

http://www.htp.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2652024

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: