Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #16
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

With a 3month old? I would actually pick WL. The infant still gets a crib. Surely you can take a bus or boat, but need to take into account the walking distance at Poly, GF or CR, unless you splurge to stay on the main building...

I think WL is the most kid friendly of the deluxe. At least until your young one becomes 3, which at the time you'll have to go to one of the other ones... (BC is my favorite of them).
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #17
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
With a 3month old? I would actually pick WL. The infant still gets a crib. Surely you can take a bus or boat, but need to take into account the walking distance at Poly, GF or CR, unless you splurge to stay on the main building...

I think WL is the most kid friendly of the deluxe. At least until your young one becomes 3, which at the time you'll have to go to one of the other ones... (BC is my favorite of them).
You can't book WL on points, just Villas at WL. There are pack and plays in each villa for the little ones. Cribs might need to be requested, but you might not get one. If you really want a crib, you'll want to rent one from an offsite company.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #18
ElizabethG
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
Have been to WDW several times, but currently planning first onsite stay and it's also the 1st Disney trip for our kids (DD6, DS3, D?4mos at time of trip). We're considering monorail resorts mostly since we want to head back for midday naps and rest. (We are not commando-paced people anyway. 10+ continuous hours in a park was not our style even before kids.) We know they are pricier and have been saving money with that in mind; we think of it as paying for convenience, which we are willing to do when the kids are little.

I LOVE the theming of Poly, the option to watch Wishes from the beach, and its amazing location. Have been leaning mostly to Poly and my heart is probably there, to be honest. I'm second guessing having us all in one room though. Especially since the baby will likely awaken during the night and disturb the other two kids.

Looked into renting points at BLT for a 1BR. We would put the older two in the bedroom, so that DH and baby and I could have access to the kitchen, balcony, etc without waking the other two. Would also be really nice to have the kitchen for prepping some of our own meals. There's nothing exciting to me about the decor, but I can get over that. We would need to do standard view, too, so no castle views for us.

And...I feel nervous about renting DVC. Should I? Does it go smoothly? As I understand, there's no ME or dining plan when you rent - is that accurate?

I know WL is another option. I don't dig the theming... That's just me. I would love it for a different type of vacation, but it doesn't have the right feel to me for a warm weather location.

Sorry such a long post!! Would love any advice you have to offer.
The extra space is great. You would have to upgrade to lake view for this year. I just wanted to comment that you also have access to the balcony from the bedroom. I would set myself up in the bedroom to sleep in the king size bed and have the kids on the pull-out in the living room. Also, the bedroom door is on the other side of the kitchen from the sleeper, so you may be able to sneek out to get a drink or something if the kids are sleeping.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #19
NicoleLarson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
There really isn't any point in asking someone on the DVC Boards to check availability for the OP. Two reason, one the DIS has asked us not to do that. Two, unless the OP is a member wanting to book immediately, there isn't any point because availability changes all the time. A villa might be available this morning and gone by noon.
1) I wasn't aware that this DIS didn't want us to do that.
2) my point was this.....I was simply letting the OP know that a SV wasn't even an option so she should look at other rooms. I was just telling her to ask someone about WL to see if that was even a feasible option. I just didn't feel there was reason on her debating something if it wasn't even an option to begin with. Just trying to make her decision a bit easier....that's all.
NicoleLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #20
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Over on the DVC Rent/Trade board people like the OP ask members all the time. As far a villa being available at one point then gone another -couldn't that be said all the time? So why not check? As they say, I'm not quite picking up what the other poster was laying down.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
samacita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleLarson

1) I wasn't aware that this DIS didn't want us to do that.
2) my point was this.....I was simply letting the OP know that a SV wasn't even an option so she should look at other rooms. I was just telling her to ask someone about WL to see if that was even a feasible option. I just didn't feel there was reason on her debating something if it wasn't even an option to begin with. Just trying to make her decision a bit easier....that's all.
We are definitely thinking about all the monorail resorts, regardless of whether we book a regular room the traditional way or rent points for a 1BR/villa. I appreciate the comments from all of you!! I will use all the help I can get.
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: