Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
blebert
Mouseketeer

What is your favorite Disney Memory?

Everyone tell what they favorite Disney memories are! Post pictures if you want to!
Mine is below!
Hoping this list will grow
My Favorite Disney Memory is getting to spend a weekend at Disney World with Rascal Flatts when they were first coming out.

Last edited by blebert; 02-19-2013 at 02:28 PM.
blebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blebert View Post
Everyone tell what they favorite Disney memories are!

Mine is below!
I have 2 answers to this:

1st off : This was back in 1997. It was the first part of our honeymoon vacation. It was my DW's 3rd time & my absolute 1st time. Needless to say it was us just acting like lil kids having a blast.It was alsoWDW 25th B-day celebration , in which the castle was made out to be a giant cake. So special. Also It didn't take long for me to catch the BUG!

2nd: was when we brought our twins for the 1st time..They were young but remember evrything to this day. As special as my 1st time was, it was even more special seeing through their eyes for the very 1st time....We've been back 5 times after that and it keeps on getting better n better ( if that's at all possible )

Can't wait to continue on making fond memories!

DVC allows us to do this..

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
sandynd
Rookie Desperado

We have two, both from our first trip as a family in 2009:

1. Watching our little girl's face light up like a sunrise and hearing her gasp when she saw the castle at MK for the first time.

2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: our daughter BEGGED daddy to go on the ride with her (he's not a Disney nor a ride fan). He agreed, thinking it was just a train ride. When they figured out it was a rollercoaster, she asked him, "Are you gonna scream, Dad? Are you gonna scream like a little girl?"!! At the end of the ride, they came off - her with a huge grin, him staggering and green, and she ran over to me, "Mama, mama, Daddy rode the rollercoaster like this" and she squinches up her face with her eyes tight shut and her cheeks puffed out Needless to say, BTMRR is now a standing family joke, especially as I rode it with her later, and came off saying, "Is that it??!"

ETA: He has begged off of our next trip, for various reasons, one of which is "that terrifying rollercoaster" :D
December 1990 - One day in MGM Studios
sandynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

A recent one (LOL!)...I got engaged at the Poly in March 1999 on a hammock in front of Tahiti, closest to the TTC.

An old one, sitting in our room in what is now the Hawaii/concierge building at the Poly in 1975. I was 3 1/2 yo. I vaguely remember being in our room, maybe laying on the bed or sitting on it/on a chair with my cousin who was the same age & our moms watching the fireworks.

Another one was when I took my dd who was 15 months old to WDW for the first time. She LOVED the characters. The CM's took my camera while I videod & took a bunch of pictures of her with multiple characters in one sitting. It was magical & she was in heaven. I kept asking if we should leave & the CM said no.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Few ones between WDW and DLR:
* staying in the treehouse villas with my grandparents for our first visit to WDW -- Epcot had just opened! Yeah, I'm old.
* the Land ride the first time -- it inspired my 8th grade science project in hydroponics. Guess what everyone did the next year? Hydroponics. Trendsetter!
* Mickey's Nutcracker show in DLR -- LOVED it! It was too cute.

Of course, DLR this year is going to blow all of those out of the water (or at least top them) when the kids get their first Disney experience.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
blebert
Mouseketeer

I also have to favorite Disney memories. My first one was in 2000 and I was 18 years old.
My moms husband when I was a child is a music director for a rather large country radio station here in central Florida. When a new artist comes out they do what is called Showcases to introduce them to the people that would be putting their music on the radio. My dad was able to bring a guest with him and since he wasn't seeing anyone, I was able to go with him. After we got checked into our resort, it was time to load the bus to go to Wide World of Sports. While waiting to load, a nice gentleman came up to me and asked how I like the group. I didn't lie, I told them that I haven't heard them yet. Well we chatted and he sat with me on the bus, he even offered me some gum. After we got there we got off and everyone got an armband then we headed to our suite. I got there and looked for the nice gentleman but he was nowhere to be found. Well a few minutes later it was time to watch, and wouldn't you know it, Mr. Mystery Man was out there on the field singing. Found out later that his name was Joe Don. Now I feel really stupid. Anyway, after the game, we headed back to the resort, then that night it was time for our acoustic concert. After that a few people when to the bar, well my new friend came as well. As we sat and talked more, he asked people to name songs and he would play them for us on his guitar. Well I spoke up and said my all time favorite song, Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton. He told me he didnt know the words, well I would tell him a verse and he would sing it. It was AWESOME and let me remind you I was 18! This girl was in love! After a few hours at the bar talking, the band had to go to bed cause they were playing golf the next morning with an 8 am Tee time. I was heart broken. I got up early the next morning and headed to the lobby hoping to see them one more time. LOL No luck though That morning we checkout of the resort and head to Disney for the day before going home. Much to my suprise, they remembered me and when they came back to Florida for a concert in Downtown Disneya few months later, they invited me.

The Brandy Solis is me!

My 2nd favoite memory is when I brought my 2 oldest daughters to Disney for the first time. It was a surpise and they didn't know where we were going til they saw the Big Walt Disney World Sign. I wish I would have video of them when they seen it. It was priceless. I we are doing it ago now that we have 4 children and plan on surpising them ago, this time with video rolling hopefully. Only 12 more days.
My Favorite Disney Memory is getting to spend a weekend at Disney World with Rascal Flatts when they were first coming out.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
blebert
Mouseketeer

Sorry the pictures are so big, don't know how to resize them. And sorry they look to bad, they have been in a box for 12+ years. Guess I need to get them put up.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
Camshell
Mouseketeer

My 7 year old daughter had the BBB princess make-over. After we were in the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor attraction and she ended up on screen in the show. Mike asked her where she was from and she said Canada. Mike then said how wonderful it was to have the Princess of Canada in the audience. My daughter believed him and asked me for days if she really was the Princess of Canada? Of course we tried to explain it was a joke and part of the show, but she absolutely believed him. We still all chuckle in a good way over this story.

'78 DL, '89 DL, '96 Tokyo DL, '01 DL, '05 DL, '09 DL, '11 WDW, '12 Aulani, '12 DL, '13 WDW, '15 Aulani

Camshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
sunflowerfields
Mouseketeer

Hope it is okay to post this, becasue I have never been to Disney World yet. We are coming in June though. Anyway, my favorite Disney memory is from 1964. My parents took us kids to Disneyland. The entire trip is my best memory. It was magical. We rode a passenger train for 2 days and 1 night to get there. I remember watching Tinkerbell go across the sky at night and how amazing and magical it was. I can hardly wait to ride the monorail. My memory from 49 yrs. ago is feeling like we were flying it went so fast! I remember the tea cups is the first thing we rode. The Haunted Mansion was only finished on the outside, so we didn't get to do that. I remember a house of the future, and a submarine ride. I also remember ordering a hot beef sandwich (my favorite) and not eating it becasue the gravy didn't taste like it should. It seems like Mom told me it had wine in it. I also remember riding the roller coaster. I think that would be the Materhorn? I cannot do roller coasters, I get sick, but my sister begged me until I agreed because mom and dad wouldn't let her ride alone. I did not get sick! I think I willed myself not to. I always dreamed of taking our children and it never happened, but now we are able to be taking our grandchildren. I haven't stopped talking or thinking about this trip since it became a reality. I'm pretty old to be going to Disneyworld but I guess I'm a kid at heart, so I will be adding new Disney memories to my old ones!
sunflowerfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowerfields
Hope it is okay to post this, becasue I have never been to Disney World yet. We are coming in June though. Anyway, my favorite Disney memory is from 1964. My parents took us kids to Disneyland. The entire trip is my best memory. It was magical. We rode a passenger train for 2 days and 1 night to get there. I remember watching Tinkerbell go across the sky at night and how amazing and magical it was. I can hardly wait to ride the monorail. My memory from 49 yrs. ago is feeling like we were flying it went so fast! I remember the tea cups is the first thing we rode. The Haunted Mansion was only finished on the outside, so we didn't get to do that. I remember a house of the future, and a submarine ride. I also remember ordering a hot beef sandwich (my favorite) and not eating it becasue the gravy didn't taste like it should. It seems like Mom told me it had wine in it. I also remember riding the roller coaster. I think that would be the Materhorn? I cannot do roller coasters, I get sick, but my sister begged me until I agreed because mom and dad wouldn't let her ride alone. I did not get sick! I think I willed myself not to. I always dreamed of taking our children and it never happened, but now we are able to be taking our grandchildren. I haven't stopped talking or thinking about this trip since it became a reality. I'm pretty old to be going to Disneyworld but I guess I'm a kid at heart, so I will be adding new Disney memories to my old ones!
What a wonderful memory! You can never be to old for Disney! My DW's great grandfather continued to enjoy Disney into his 90's. Enjoy the trip with your grandkids! May you make new memories that will last a lifetime!
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #11
DznyPrnces
Mouseketeer

I have one from Disneyland and one from Disney World.

Disneyland: I was about 9. My mom, sister, cousin and I were all sitting on a wall in tomorrowland eating ice cream. A cast member with a clip board came by and asked us if we wanted to test a new ride. We, of course, said yes. He told us we had 5 minutes and pointed out where to go. We scarfed down our ice cream and met him at the designated spot. We got to test ride Star Tours! I remember loving it because we were in the last row and my feet didn't reach the floor so they were swinging all around. At the end they asked us some questions about our ride.

Disney World: I think I was about 10, so my sister would have been about 8. We were in the Living Seas exhibit. They had a kiosk with different questions you could answer. My sister was playing with one of them. There was a question about how much water was in the big aquarium. One of the answer options was "it's not real water." As a joke, my dad told my sister that was the correct answer, and she picked it. To this day the running joke in our family is "it's not real water" lol.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #12
50surgeries2012
Mouseketeer

Smile

My favorite Disney memory was in April 2011. It was the first time my husband and I got to stay at our friend's timeshare resort with my best friend, and her mom. My best friend's mom is my, and my husband's support provider as my husband has cerebral palsy, and I was born with a bone disorder. I had always gone to Disney ever since I was a little girl because my mom goes to a conference in Orlando every year in January, for her work. When she'd go. We'd stay at one of the All-Star resorts.

When we went with my best friend and our support provider. We stayed at the Old Key West resort. That was so much fun. I loved it because we ate all of our meals in the room, and would only spend money in the parks if we wanted to, for snacks, or things we wanted to buy as a memory from the trip. I had a lot of favorite parts about that trip:

1) We rode the little ferry boat from our resort to Downtown Disney on the first day we were there.

2) We had breakfast reservations with all of the characters from Winnie-the-Pooh, and got lots of pictures with Eeyore, and every one of the characters.

3) We got to go backstage, and meet the cast of the Finding Nemo musical after the show was over with.

4) We had dinner reservations one night at Boma.

My husband and I are going to Disneyland with our support provider in April of this year, and we are so excited. It's been about 13 years since my husband has been there, and about 14 years for me. I hope that the cast members are just like the ones at Disney World.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #13
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

My two are tied...Space Mountain with my dad when I was little....My kids faces when they first saw Mickey on our first WDW trip.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
blebert
Mouseketeer

Those are some great memories!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #15
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

I have a few.

The first great memory was our trip of Oct 2001- DH and I got engaged during breakfast at CRT.

The next was trip in April 2010- it was memorable for a few reasons. It was the first time we were able to stay at BLT- we had owned there for a few years but it was always booked the days we wanted. But the bigger reason was bc we conceived DD that trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: