Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

Help with resorts

Bringing my husband down for star wars weekend May 27th through June 3rd, booked the Swan for May 27th through the 2nd, they had no rooms the night of the 2nd, so now I am backtracking, should we stay at the swan through Thursday and then do either the Beach CLub or Boardwalk Inn to be closer walking distance to Epcot etc. is it worth the extra money, or just stay at the swan until the 2nd and check into another hotel for 1 night, my husband said at the airport since we leave at 8:15 am on the 3rd, but I don't want to leave disney before I have to..

Suggestions comments appreciated.
Cshel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

If it were me, I'd stay at/near the airport that last night. You can still spend the entire day at WDW and leave as late as you want to go to the airport hotel. Being close to, or at, the airport for an early flight the next morning will be helpful.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
GoldieLocks5
Mouseketeer

swan/dolphin are like any other hotels- not really disney... can't do dining plan, no theming, etc. I have stayed there for business- and it was business like. I wouldn't want to stay there for vacation.

I'd stay at Beach club for sure (we're going there on our next trip) vs. swan/dolphin.

[/url]
Mom to 1+Twins, all boys
Planning our 3rd Disney trip! 1st was March-April 2012, Suite @ ASMu. 2nd was May 5-11 at Beach Club, and 3rd will be early May, Beach Club again!
GoldieLocks5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: