Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #61
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

There was a real girl who really did die an awful death after years of being supposedly possessed and many exorcisms were performed on her. Her priest really was put on trial for it, as were her parents. Creepy.
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #62
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Fun Mom
The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

There was a real girl who really did die an awful death after years of being supposedly possessed and many exorcisms were performed on her. Her priest really was put on trial for it, as were her parents. Creepy.
Yikes.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #63
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
One of my favorite movies is based on true events. The Mothman Prophecies. I'm not really sure how much I believe all that, but it made a great movie, even without Brit bashing
I'll tell you what's real about the story behind The Mothman Prophesies. My lifelong fear of crossing bridges. When I was very little, the Silver Bridge collapsed just before Christmas and they kept showing it on TV over and over and over. Cars in the icy water with people who froze almost immediately. What I remember most is the Christmas gifts floating in the water and the newscasters speculating how many mothers out Christmas shopping with children had been in those cars. it scared the CRAP out of me and I drove my mother nuts for years by asking, "Is the bridge going to collapse?!?!?!" every freaking time we had to cross a bridge. It's a wonder she did not lose her mind.

As for Bernie, that took place right by where I grew up and they nailed the personality of the area. Small town Texas, for sure.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #64
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

"Rudy" Loved the movies but a big portion of it is for dramatic purposes. The part about the other players turning in their jerseys so Rudy could play the last game, was totally false. The coach was already planning to play Rudy as it was a tradition to play every senior at least once in the last game. No shouting of "Rudy! Rudy!" by the players and the crowd. The movie still brings tears to my eyes though.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #65
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamton View Post
"Rudy" Loved the movies but a big portion of it is for dramatic purposes. The part about the other players turning in their jerseys so Rudy could play the last game, was totally false. The coach was already planning to play Rudy as it was a tradition to play every senior at least once in the last game. No shouting of "Rudy! Rudy!" by the players and the crowd. The movie still brings tears to my eyes though.
But I heard they really did carry him off the field. That turns on the waterworks each and every time.
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #66
Kathryn Merteuil
Barden Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
The Mothman is a creepy story.

They didn't say he wasn't British. He could have been.
First one that came to mind for me.
Kathryn Merteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #67
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

I know people love Rudy and this is not going to be a popular opinion but, I hated that movie. Ok, I just felt like I had to finally get that off my chest. Carry on.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: