DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
kangaroodle
DVC Member

Please tell me I'm not crazy!

I decided to book a last minute trip to WDW the last week of March...busiest week of the year, I know. I looked on the DVC website for availability on Friday and it was open but I took too long to book it and it was gone. So I waitlisted the 5 days at 2 different resorts.

This morning I looked and 3 days opened up at Saratoga Springs--- Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday. This was the most availability I had seen all weekend.....so I booked it! I waffled back and forth and was late for work! I hope I don't regret it. I know if I cancel, the points go into holding and I will pretty much lose them (my use year is June). I waitlisted the other 2 days individually and will keep checking the website.

AM I CRAZY for doing it this way? I just really want to get away especially with 3-7" of snow forecast for later today.

I need some PIXIE DUST! (I've already wished on a star...the song says my wish will come true.....)

Just visited March 25-29th.....CRAZY week!

Mark Kathy Kelly Jeff Boomer
kangaroodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I don't think you're crazy, you're waitlist may come through, though I think if it does you would've beaten the odds.

I know it would cost a little money, but if the waitlist doesn't come through, maybe you could book a couple of nights last minute at a value resort on cash. Worst case senario? You'd need to book a couple of nights last minute at an offsite resort and rent a car. Still you'll be away from the snow!

I fully understand wanting to get away. We had a wind storm yesterday. Now I have to deal with a large tree that is down and replacing some plastic patio furniture that was thrown against a wall and destroyed by a sudden gust. Winter has returned to South/Central Texas.

I'm so looking forward to my late May/Early June trip to OKW.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
kangaroodle
DVC Member

I already feel like I've beaten the odds by getting 3 days! I am really just hoping for that Monday to come through. Then at least I'll have 4 days in a row. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Old 02-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I totally understand the need to get away! Best wishes!

Bobbi, (whose fingers are crossed for you!)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

Kangaroodle,
Yes you are crazy but i don't blame you. I feel the same way , can't wait till our july trip and we were there in jan.
heynowirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #6
kangaroodle
DVC Member

Good crazy or bad crazy???

Sometimes ya just gotta play all your chips and see how the dice roll!!

Believe me, I've been second-guessing myself all day but would feel really bad if I let this get away again. I KNOW it will come through for me!!!!

Old 02-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

Even if it doesn't like chuck said you can see if you can pay cash for that one missing day and have a nice 4 night trip.
heynowirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
edk35
DIS Veteran

Your not crazy!! We just booked a week this past Friday for the week of Easter. NOW THAT IS CRAZY!!! We got 4 nights at SSR to start with Friday morning. I could NOT believe that there were 4 nights in a row. Then I went online that same night...and saw that the next night was available so I cancelled the 4 night waitlist and grabbed that night. THEN I KID YOU NOT...not 30 min. later I went back on and MY NEXT NIGHT WAS AVAILABLE. Then right after that I saw that AKV had OUR LAST TWO NIGHTS so I grabbed them. So we are doing 6 at SSR and our last night at Kidani. Because I had 4 nights waitlisted I probably would have never gotten those last 4 nights because all four would need to match. THE PLANETS AND STAR WERE IN PERFECT ALIGNMENT FOR US THIS PAST FRIDAY. I HOPE YOURS WORKS OUT TOO.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #9
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

I just want to wish you lots of pixie dust because I love people who are willing to take a risk in order to make life fun!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #10
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

Have you now changed your waitlist too add one for just Monday? I would also recommend just checking back multiple times a day.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
kangaroodle
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeferjen View Post
Have you now changed your waitlist too add one for just Monday? I would also recommend just checking back multiple times a day.
I did change my waitlist to just Monday, and just Thursday. Saturday night is available so we could do Saturday thru Wednesday instead. Need to talk to Hubbie about that possibility.

Even if this all works out we aren't telling the kids till they are nice and sad that all their friends have left on wonderful vacations for Spring Break and they are stuck in boring old Naperville for the week...... Then I'll spring it on them! Never drove down before but sometimes it's worth it! We have close friends that live in Atlanta so we can stay with them on the way there and back, to break up the trip.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #12
kangaroodle
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heynowirv View Post
Even if it doesn't like chuck said you can see if you can pay cash for that one missing day and have a nice 4 night trip.
One quick question.....do DVC members get any kind of break on the price of a room? The rack rate for one night (1 BR) is $659!

Old 02-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #13
Amymarie0606
Earning My Ears

Good luck and ixiedust: !!

I don't think you're crazy at all- well maybe "good" crazy ;-).

AmyMarie
Amymarie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroodle View Post
One quick question.....do DVC members get any kind of break on the price of a room? The rack rate for one night (1 BR) is $659!
If its available, you get a 25% discount on DVC rooms booked through MS. We did this once and then kept the waitlist. When it came through, I got refunded the money for the cash night!!!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #15
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

You are NOT crazy. We booked the Thursday and friday(good Friday) 2-3 weeks ago. I had to stalk the website for availability as the first time I looked no studios were open anywhere. Within a day I got the Friday at OKW. Within a few days I got Thursday at AKV. Put in a wait list for the Thursday for OKW so if we got lucky we could stay in the room 2 nights instead of split stay. It came through for us.

Actually ride now you might see rooms open up. We are right at that 31 day mark for Easter Weekend so anybody would have to cancel now to keep their post or else they go into holding.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: