Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
anorman
DIS Veteran

Dinner Shows?

I am looking for recommendations for a dinner show in the Orlando area. We have done Arabian Nights and Medieval Times. What is your favourite show with decent food? We are more interested in the entertainment, not the food (so long as it is edible).
Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

It is on Disney property but, Hoop Dee Doo Revue is my all time favorite dinner show in Orlando!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
dennise
DIS Veteran

We have done the Hoop de doo and loved it. We are looking for ideas for a different on this year. We were not impressed with the one we did at Sea World.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
anorman
DIS Veteran

We have done the Hoop Dee Doo and loved it!!! In fact we did it twice. We are staying offsite this time and were looking for something we haven't experienced. Has anyone been to the Pirate dinner show or Capones? I have noticed a comedy one as well called Outta Control. Does anyone have any experience with any of these.....good or bad?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

We went to Outta Control about 4-5 years ago. It was ok...... but I wouldn't really consider it a dinner show. We have a good friend who is a magician so we love magic. The magic was ok but the food is not - you get a basket of popcorn and pizza that is like a frozen pizza from the grocery store. And the atmosphere is like a little pizza joint complete with card/cafeteria type tables. Not sure how old your kids are but ours were about 5 and 9 at the time and they seemed to like it. If we brought them today they would probably be rolling their eyes. They had fun in the attached Wonderworks but we found it to be dirty and old (looks way nicer on the outside than on the inside). We have a local children's museum that has very similar attractions.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
anorman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniehar90 View Post
We went to Outta Control about 4-5 years ago. It was ok...... but I wouldn't really consider it a dinner show. We have a good friend who is a magician so we love magic. The magic was ok but the food is not - you get a basket of popcorn and pizza that is like a frozen pizza from the grocery store. And the atmosphere is like a little pizza joint complete with card/cafeteria type tables. Not sure how old your kids are but ours were about 5 and 9 at the time and they seemed to like it. If we brought them today they would probably be rolling their eyes. They had fun in the attached Wonderworks but we found it to be dirty and old (looks way nicer on the outside than on the inside). We have a local children's museum that has very similar attractions.
Not a great review. The price is right but maybe I'll consider one of the other ones. Has anyone had any experience with these?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
kokomos
Mouseketeer

We went to Capone's about 10 years ago. Price was better than most and food was pretty good, rum punch wasn't very strong. The show was ok.
kokomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

We did the Outta Control Dinner Show on our August trip and had a GREAT time. Food was plentiful, fresh and really quite good (not "amazing", but its pizza.....it doesn't usually rank as amazing on my list of foods, regardless of how its presented). Entertainment was fantastic. I would highly recommend.

Here's my TripAdvisor review, if you are interested:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserRe...o_Florida.html

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
BonnieA
I don't need no stinkin tag

Went to Capones last year. It was a funny show, food was edible. And our server kept my wine glass filled. Would go there again.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
KingofSwing3000
Mouseketeer

Treasure Tavern. Nothing comes close.

Now, if you blush easily, than this show isn't for you. Tons of tongue-in-cheek humor and sexual innuendos (at least, in the beginning) including a song about "Tossing Your Salad."

My parents felt a little awkward during the first 20 or so minutes, but after that they couldn't wait to come back to Florida and see it again.

Hands down the best show and (dinner show) food in town.

Runner-Up: Sleuth's. Good food and laughs.
KingofSwing3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #11
anorman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofSwing3000 View Post
Treasure Tavern. Nothing comes close.

Now, if you blush easily, than this show isn't for you. Tons of tongue-in-cheek humor and sexual innuendos (at least, in the beginning) including a song about "Tossing Your Salad."

My parents felt a little awkward during the first 20 or so minutes, but after that they couldn't wait to come back to Florida and see it again.

Hands down the best show and (dinner show) food in town.

Runner-Up: Sleuth's. Good food and laughs.
Are both of these suitable for kids? FYI my DDs will be 10 and 12 when we travel. Treasure Tavern does sound interesting and I'll check out Sleuths too.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #12
anorman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
We did the Outta Control Dinner Show on our August trip and had a GREAT time. Food was plentiful, fresh and really quite good (not "amazing", but its pizza.....it doesn't usually rank as amazing on my list of foods, regardless of how its presented). Entertainment was fantastic. I would highly recommend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conniehar90 View Post
We went to Outta Control about 4-5 years ago. It was ok...... but I wouldn't really consider it a dinner show. We have a good friend who is a magician so we love magic. The magic was ok but the food is not - you get a basket of popcorn and pizza that is like a frozen pizza from the grocery store. And the atmosphere is like a little pizza joint complete with card/cafeteria type tables. Not sure how old your kids are but ours were about 5 and 9 at the time and they seemed to like it. If we brought them today they would probably be rolling their eyes.
Only goes to show that not everybody has the same experience.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #13
anorman
DIS Veteran

Capones and Outta Control seem to be about the best price at about $100 for a family of 4. The others look like they are twice the price......are they twice as good?

After checking out Treasure Tavern, it looks like it is not suitable for kids.....they don't even sell to less than 15 years of age so that one is off the table. While myself and DH would likely enjoy it, I wouldn't bring my kids.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #14
kokomos
Mouseketeer

Keep an eye on the groupons in Orlando. I've seen a couple them for a couple of shows.
kokomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #15
KingofSwing3000
Mouseketeer

Sleuth's would be suitable. But 16 and above is what Treasure Tavern recommends. They won't turn away the young ones, but they caution the parents ahead of time that the humor is risque.
KingofSwing3000 is offline   Reply With Quote