Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #1471
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Scott - you have come to the right place - we get it!

I'm having trouble of my own with the planning. Even though I still got to do all the dining reservations and planning the trip, I'm used to being totally on the DIS every second I can getting ready for our trip months in advance. I went back to work in September and I'm not able to be on the DIS nearly enough! I'm in DIS withdrawl. Thankfully I work at my kids school so I have Easter break to make up for it.

Lots of days I find a little time to lurk on the DIS at work but it's not nearly as much fun as being totally engrossed.

I feel your pain!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 03-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #1472
disneyxo
Mouseketeer

Woohoo just booked our trip this morning so now it is official. Please add us to the BOG list. We are staying at the Yacht Club, Lagoon view, Club Level. 9/25-9/30/13.
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #1473
triciari
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

Long shot but if we're not crowded and we have a clean room available in your category, it will work. Otherwise, just have Bell Services hold your bags when you check out before 11 AM from your first room, go have fun and when you come back in the afternoon after 3 PM, go to your new room and have Bell Services bring up your bags.
Thanks, Teena! It'd be nice if it worked out, but no problem if it didn't - we can hang out at SAB if it's nice, or the club lounge if it's not!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #1474
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Scott: My husband recently told me that there are 4 things that make me truly happy. This was going to be interesting.......hearing this from his perspective. They were:

1. Getting hugs from my children.
2. Being at Disney.
3. Planning a Disney trip.
4. Actively planning a Disney trip when you definitely KNOW you're going!!

I guess he knows me after all.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #1475
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Scott: My husband recently told me that there are 4 things that make me truly happy. This was going to be interesting.......hearing this from his perspective. They were:

2. Being at Disney.

That is very sweet!

TY Kook!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #1476
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

And Scott.....I'm totally overwhelmed on the other end of the spectrum. Planning our first Disney cruise and a pre-cruise DL visit. Flights, hotels, excursions, transportation etc..... My spreadsheet has soooo many tabs now I get lost!

Old 03-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #1477
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Room Size Question:

Are the rooms for 5 with a daybed the same size as two queen rooms?

We are staying SV CL and we have a family of 5. I'd have preferred a CL room with a GV or LV, but those options aren't available anymore if your party size is 5. I had thought that this was because only some rooms had daybeds, but then I saw that if your room doesn't have one, you can get a roll away.

If roll aways are available, how come rooms for 5 are so limited? Would we be able to request a LV/GV room at check-in (and pay if there is a price difference)?

Old 03-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #1478
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

Scott,

We have had almost that exact thing happen, twice!! I completely understand how you are feeling.

First time we were not able to shift fast enough and let it interefere with our joy of Disney. Not ruined, but not a great trip. Second time (you might be thinking "how'd you let it happen a second time?" still figuring that out, mistakes were made) we ended up taking a "make the best of it approach". This included letting go of our huge conflicting feelings and disappointment once we reached acceptance -- after anger and denial. And it worked out really well. Different trip than we would like to do alone, but many fun experiences (and good family memories).

Best thing I found, reminding myself this will not be my last Disney trip (even if only trip this year).
Old 03-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #1479
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
2 weeks and 6 days we'll be at YC!!! Maybe we'll get to meet you and DP????
No problems with that here! Say hi! We love meeting other DISers, and fellow New Englanders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I am definitely a Jan - YC for me!
We'll see. I thought I was a Boardwalk Boy...then I labeled myself a BC Baby, I don't know what I'll call myself if I end up liking YC the most. I can't imagine not at least enjoying myself, so the bottom line is, I just really feel most at home on the Epcot Resort Loop...yes even the S & D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Hi Scott, no crazy talk at all in your post. Sometimes I ask myself which I love more. The planning or the trip..
That just about sums it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Hey, Scott!

What happens when the planning is out of your hands? You end up on Stitch as your first attraction! *shudders*

Enjoy your trip, and as a wise person on this thread posted recently: Remember, about half-way through your current trip, you will start planning for the next one.
*Double shudder*....and I hear ya about the next trip. I'm hoping there will be a neat BounceBack offer and lots of wine...those two things usually get DP to open his wallet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

Is there any way they would compromise? Is there a chance you could plan a day or two without DP's family? Maybe they will ask your advice, since you are the experienced trip planner and you will still have a role to play. I hope so.
Oh, we have plenty of time without DPs family...and I don't mind the time we have planned with them! I love them to death. I'm just lamenting the lack of free time leading up to this trip. Being seasoned Disney vets and planners, we've pretty much outlined this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
So obsess over what you can in the next few weeks, and trust that it will be great.
Oh, don't worry...I always find something to obsess over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Scott - you have come to the right place - we get it!
I knew y'all would! (I may be a New Englander, but I've spent a lot of time in Georgia, so 'ya'll' has crept into my vocabulary....and plus...I refuse to say 'wicked'-anything!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post

2. Being at Disney.

Substitute children from our 2 cats, and we're about the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
And Scott.....I'm totally overwhelmed on the other end of the spectrum. Planning our first Disney cruise and a pre-cruise DL visit. Flights, hotels, excursions, transportation etc..... My spreadsheet has soooo many tabs now I get lost!
DP is big into spreadsheets...I feel your pain! Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenParr View Post
Scott,
Best thing I found, reminding myself this will not be my last Disney trip (even if only trip this year).
You sound just like DP. He always says (with a loving touch of sarcasm), "You do know we're coming back...right?"
Old 03-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #1480
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Hey YC/BC peeps I have nothing exciting to add or questions to ask but I wanted to say HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I am counting the days to be back in my happy place!! This has been a depressing, cold, boring, annoying winter. I can almost feel the Florida sunshine and taste the dole whip. Hope everyone here is doing well , happy planning!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #1481
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycfan View Post
scott: My husband recently told me that there are 4 things that make me truly happy. This was going to be interesting.......hearing this from his perspective. They were:

2. Being at disney.
3. Planning a disney trip.
4. Actively planning a disney trip when you definitely know you're going!!

love it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #1482
Mickey & Minnie Mom
DIS Veteran

Sounds like Summer Concert Series 2013

With all the talk of bad weather and so many planning summer visits, thought I would share what I was able to piece together for the Summer Concert Series...

June 9-15: TBA
June 16-22: Hotel California - A Salute to the Eagles
June 23-29: Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot - The Ultimate Billy Joel Show
June 30-July 6: Slippery When Wet - The Ultimate Bon Jovi Tribute
July 7-13: SouthBound and Company - A Tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd
July 14-20: The Police Experience - A Tribute to the Police
July 21-27: 2U - The World's 2nd Best U2 Show

Looks like most of the same line up as last year (& years past), with the exception of the Bee Gees tribute (couldn't find their schedule dates). Some in different weeks than the past.

Carry on ...

Old 03-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #1483
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

Thank you for the heads-up about the Disney Visa discount!!! Just got my 30% off!!! I love when I get to go to Disney and save money!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #1484
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Room Size Question:

Are the rooms for 5 with a daybed the same size as two queen rooms?

We are staying SV CL and we have a family of 5. I'd have preferred a CL room with a GV or LV, but those options aren't available anymore if your party size is 5. I had thought that this was because only some rooms had daybeds, but then I saw that if your room doesn't have one, you can get a roll away.

If roll aways are available, how come rooms for 5 are so limited? Would we be able to request a LV/GV room at check-in (and pay if there is a price difference)?
I had the same questions when we booked and contacted IPO about it. Fact of the matter is that SV is the only available for CL with a family of 5, besides suite/deluxe rooms. Frankly, after seeing pics of the rollaway bed, I would cause quite a fuss if that we couldn't get a daybed, because the rollaway takes away a good amount of walking room. (Granted, I know you can fold it up, but with a daybed, it isn't a concern). We made a request for a daybed in our reservation so at least they know our preference. If you have the same concerns, just do the same.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #1485
Nole95
Mouseketeer

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or not.

I did my 60 day check in this morning. When I got to the request page there was a box that something along the lines if I would like to put priority over getting my room earlier or getting my requests.

For the record, I had indicated an arrival time of 8:30am for check in, so I am not sure if that checkbox comes up based on what time you enter in that you will be arriving.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: