Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #1411
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
17 months til my next trip. Is that too soon to start a countdown?!?
No way!!! We are planning late May/Early June and I have already started

Old 03-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #1412
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Of 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #1413
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Jeanne and I are off to Epcot today for a day of Test Track and the Flower and Garden Show. Then dinner at Hoop with Lauren. Tomorrow is our second attempt at deep sea fishing.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #1414
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Jeanne and I are off to Epcot today for a day of Test Track and the Flower and Garden Show. Then dinner at Hoop with Lauren. Tomorrow is our second attempt at deep sea fishing.
Sounds like a great day for both of you!!!

I wouldn't want you two to go hungry, so why don't you have a nice BIG pretzel in Germany for me......a chocolate covered pineapple spear in Germany......a dark chocolate salted caramel in Germany.......and heck why not wash it all down with a cold cup a beer

boy I wish I were there
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #1415
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Sounds like a great day for both of you!!!

I wouldn't want you two to go hungry, so why don't you have a nice BIG pretzel in Germany for me......a chocolate covered pineapple spear in Germany......a dark chocolate salted caramel in Germany.......and heck why not wash it all down with a cold cup a beer

boy I wish I were there
I'll give Jeanne your plan and I'm sure she'll love it ... especially the cold cup of beer!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #1416
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Caught up, I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennab View Post
Does anyone know if the balconies at BCV have locks up high (where children can't reach)? I have this paranoia about DS somehow being able to figure out the lock and getting outside on the patio/balcony (he would be sleeping in the living room alone if we stay here). Thanks!

I saw in a later post that you will be staying at BCV next year. Sounds like there is time for someone to check out and describe (or photograph) the balcony door locks for you.

I had one escape artist and one son who would call me every morning to come and get him from his room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Please add to the BOG list for December. Just booked Dec 5th - 11 at the Beach Club CL for our first ever BC stay!

It will be my pleasure to add you to the the BOG list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdeve View Post
I love this thread. Really helps with planning our return trip.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewissy View Post
Hi everyone!

Dee - our exact dates are 9/20 - 9/27 in the BCV. My daughter will turn 7 on the 21st and she is super excited about this being her best birthday yet.

Is there a good resource for reading up on things for kids to do in Epcot? I have DD 7, DD 4, and DS 4. I've caught things on the boards here and there but most sites I've seen seem to be outdated. Any help would be appreciated!
Got it!!! I'll put the dates up.

I just ordered the lastest edition of Guide to the Magic for Kids, and it should arrive today. I'll see what they have for suggestions for EPCOT for little ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
22 days until Yacht Club!!!!

When you see the family rocking these

And these

Feel free to say HI!!!
Just want to say- AWESOME SHIRTS!!!

I'm lucky if I can get my guys to wear clean ones, so you won't see my family in cute tees.

Have a fantastic trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
Hi Teena. I met you a few years ago. Just wondering...if I book garden view and request full balcony or patio(1 st floor) how likely am I to get that? Plus we need a daybed because we will have 5. Just afraid since both are very important to me because as the only girl I really feel I will need the balcony as a getaway while the guys are getting ready but the daybed is also a must. Basically what I am worried about is that one request might cancel the other.
I had you as maybe YC, but it looks like I should change you to BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
I have a crazy question, lol. Does anyone remember when they left Mk & AK what number gate the yacht and BC is for the buses. I been looking and I was curious. I hate taking the buses. I hate waiting in line for the buses, I hate folding the strollers to get on the buses. I can't wait until my kids are older.
Bump! I'll be there in July and I will try to notice, but...

We rarely take the bus from AK/MK to the resort.

Our AK plan is to either hop to Blizzard Beach or HS before heading back and we always go from MK to EP via the monorail on our way back.

Maybe someone going soon will take notice and report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
I have a new countdown. Going with my brother and dd5 & dd2 5/15-5/18 yacht club standard room!!!! We were originally gonna stay at pop but for $525 more to upgrade the walking distance, daybed (hopefully) & queen size beds won out.

That is awesome news!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenYC View Post
Staying at yacht club April 11th. Breakfast options?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I see Angeejoe did a great job answering your question. Let us know if you have any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg Pharm View Post
<sigh> Well, looks like we can't make it this year to visit BC and Teena. But, I had to promise my DD that we'd definitely make a trip next year. I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through all of those who post telling us about all the fun they've had. Enjoy it you lucky rascals.
That is sad news!

So sorry.

Last edited by natebenma; 03-28-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #1417
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Have a fantastic time!!! Sounds great!

When I get a chance, probably tomorrow, I'll put the photos from your dinner at Artist Point and anything you/Jeanne have from your adventures today onto the Princess Lily report.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:45 AM   #1418
buzz1fan
I Can't wait to be back!

Changing last minute

Hi everyone, we are currently scheduled at akl for two nights. We are only going to magic kingdom. I think the dining options look much better at bc/yc area. For the spring discount just yc is left. Are there any negatives for YC over BC. We plan on swimming a lot. I always hear BC talk but not YC, why is it not as common?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #1419
ella6599
Mouseketeer

You've created a monster, MouseMommy The girls eagerly jumped on the matching shirt bandwagon, so DH is outvoted He grudgingly agreed to wear one of the Miss Morgan shirts (to Magic Kingdom only )...what he doesn't know is that I'm planning on trying my hand with bleach art too...maybe using pumpkin carving templates of Jack Skellington, or Perry the Platypus, or maybe trying my hand at Oswald (from Epic Mickey)- although he looks hard!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #1420
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1fan View Post
Hi everyone, we are currently scheduled at akl for two nights. We are only going to magic kingdom. I think the dining options look much better at bc/yc area. For the spring discount just yc is left. Are there any negatives for YC over BC. We plan on swimming a lot. I always hear BC talk but not YC, why is it not as common?

Thanks
I put YC right up there with BC!!! I would think of them as one resort, just different themes. YC will be a great choice for you.......SAB is awesome!

Have a great trip
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Old 03-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #1421
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
You've created a monster, MouseMommy The girls eagerly jumped on the matching shirt bandwagon, so DH is outvoted He grudgingly agreed to wear one of the Miss Morgan shirts (to Magic Kingdom only )...what he doesn't know is that I'm planning on trying my hand with bleach art too...maybe using pumpkin carving templates of Jack Skellington, or Perry the Platypus, or maybe trying my hand at Oswald (from Epic Mickey)- although he looks hard!
LOL!!! My DH is soooo outvoted, but he learned early, that there is no "NO" when it comes to Disney. He actually tells people this when they rib him about his shirts.

My DH LOVES Jack Skellington! And on the days that he is not wearing one of our custom designs, he has plenty of his Jack shirts to choose from.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 03-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #1422
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1fan View Post

Thanks

That's a great question. I don't know why people talk about BC more. I have a slight preference for the Beach Club because of the lighter decor but I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to stay at the Yacht Club.

Of course, the big advantage of the YC is that all of the rooms have full balconies and only about half of the ones at BC do.

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay!

May I add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1? When is your trip?

Old 03-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #1423
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
No way!!! We are planning late May/Early June and I have already started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
Of 2014
Absolutely not too early! We have already started a list for 2014.

Are you going to be staying with us when you book your trip?

Old 03-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #1424
triciari
DIS Veteran

Another switching rooms question:

We're booked in a CL standard view room at YC for just our first two nights (4-7 through 4-9) and then on the 9th, we're moving to a garden view at YC. I did online check-in for both reservations, and on the second one, noted that we'd be "arriving" at 7:30 a.m. I did this in the hopes that I could possibly drop our bags right into the new room. Any chance this could happen?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #1425
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Kanga- are all of the people in your party over the age of 3?

If the answer is yes, Teena, should the request just be for the full balcony? With a family of 5, they should get a room that will sleep everyone, right? Either a daybed or rollaway cot?
Yes all are over 3. Thanks everyone! I feel much better now!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: