Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #1366
jemh628
Mouseketeer

MouseMommy I love the shirts! I would never be able to get DH to wear one.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #1367
TNKim
Earning My Ears

I am renting an ECV for the week for my mom for our upcoming trip. In looking through photos of the 2 queen rooms at Beach Club, it looks like there is a very narrow path between the dresser and beds. Where is the best place to park the ECV while charging at night and be out of the way? Is the walk area between the dresser and beds wide enough to maneuver the ECV through to park it over by the window? It looks to me if you leave it by the hall doorway, the bathroom may be blocked. And are towels provided at Storm Along Bay or do we need to bring beach towels? Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #1368
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKim View Post
I am renting an ECV for the week for my mom for our upcoming trip. In looking through photos of the 2 queen rooms at Beach Club, it looks like there is a very narrow path between the dresser and beds. Where is the best place to park the ECV while charging at night and be out of the way? Is the walk area between the dresser and beds wide enough to maneuver the ECV through to park it over by the window? It looks to me if you leave it by the hall doorway, the bathroom may be blocked. And are towels provided at Storm Along Bay or do we need to bring beach towels? Thanks!

Here is a picture of a YC room from the first page of this thread. BC rooms are the same size, I believe. There appears to be plenty of space for an ECV. As you can see from the picture, there is a desk between the bed and the outside wall, which looks like it would be wide enough for an ECV.

And towels are provided at the pool, plenty of towels.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 03-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #1369
Mickey & Minnie Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKim View Post
Having never used and ECV, I am not sure if there is enough room between the beds and dresser to make it over to the window. I want to say yes, but that is nothing more than a guess. Also, I know I have seen different sized ECVs so it make work fine for some and not others that may be on the wide side.

That said, the layout of the BC rooms varies from room to room. Some may have space between the wall and the dresser where a connecting door would be. Others may have another piece of furniture there. We've stayed in a few and I am not sure any of them were layed out exactly the same.

I can tell you that towels are available at SAB so no need to bring your own. Love just being able to toss them in the towel return and get news ones as needed ... no laundry for me!

Hope you have a great stay at BC!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #1370
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
22 days until Yacht Club!!!!

When you see the family rocking these

And these

Feel free to say HI!!!
Omg! These shirts are awesome! did you make them?

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #1371
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
So true - "some things you just need your Mom for." Love that you have some surprises for her! So exciting for your family.
I have sooo many surprises!! Also I replied to your message.

~Nannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
I hope all goes amazingly perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
What?? Wait... a wedding?? I didn't get my invite! At least we know what they will be serving at the bar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Hard to believe my little girl is now a grown up!
I say this all the time!!! Enjoy the planning! I'll post about surprises!!!

~Nannette

I LOVE the tshirts!!

~Nannette
Old 03-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #1372
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Thoughts on APs

Can anyone with AP expense tell me what you liked about having an AP? What perks you found beneficial? What are the typical AP room discounts & is it room only not package?

Also I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere on the board that you can upgrade your package tickets to an AP when you arrive (and of course pay the difference). Is this correct? And where do you do this upgrade?

Thank you wise ones
Angeejoe

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 03-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #1373
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
MouseMommy I love the shirts! I would never be able to get DH to wear one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
Omg! These shirts are awesome! did you make them?
Thanks guys!!! And yup, they are homemade with LOVE and Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Can anyone with AP expense tell me what you liked about having an AP? What perks you found beneficial? What are the typical AP room discounts & is it room only not package?

Also I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere on the board that you can upgrade your package tickets to an AP when you arrive (and of course pay the difference). Is this correct? And where do you do this upgrade?

Thank you wise ones
Angeejoe
So, last year we purchased AP's because we knew that we would have 2- 11 day trips within a one year period. Purchasing AP's was $1000 cheaper than buying 10 day hoppers on two separate occassions. That's perk # 1

We will be using TiW for our trip next month and in our eyes that is a huge benefit, because the DDP just does not work for our family in so many ways. I won't know for sure until our trip is over, but I think we will experience some good savings when using TiW and paying OOP versus the DDP.

Also, the merchandise discounts are decent and any savings are to be appreciated right?

We have not used an AP discount, because we use the military discount, but from what I have seen the AP discounts are pretty decent.

We are actually going to purchase AP's again soon, to use them between 2 trips again between 2014-2015. We have enjoyed having them.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #1374
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks guys!!! And yup, they are homemade with LOVE and Pixie Dust!!!

So, last year we purchased AP's because we knew that we would have 2- 11 day trips within a one year period. Purchasing AP's was $1000 cheaper than buying 10 day hoppers on two separate occassions. That's perk # 1

We will be using TiW for our trip next month and in our eyes that is a huge benefit, because the DDP just does not work for our family in so many ways. I won't know for sure until our trip is over, but I think we will experience some good savings when using TiW and paying OOP versus the DDP.

Also, the merchandise discounts are decent and any savings are to be appreciated right?

We have not used an AP discount, because we use the military discount, but from what I have seen the AP discounts are pretty decent.

We are actually going to purchase AP's again soon, to use them between 2 trips again between 2014-2015. We have enjoyed having them.
Thanks mouse mommy! Where & how soon prior to trip did you buy the AP? How much is the merchandise discount? I'd love to hear what you think of TIW when you get back!

Old 03-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #1375
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Nannette: You brought a smile to my face this morning when I went to the mail.... I really appreciate it!!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #1376
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Nannette: You brought a smile to my face this morning when I went to the mail.... I really appreciate it!!
Awesome!! Glad to see mail made it to Canada!!! SueM there is hope for your button now!!

~Nannette
Old 03-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #1377
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you wise ones
Angeejoe
We usually have 2 trips a year, the January trip between 7 & 10 days, and August trip between 12& 14 days so an AP pays off with park admission.

We do go at times that an AP discount may be offered, but with dwindling discounts they aren't what they used to be. Also we have gotten the Premium AP to include water parks, and the merchandise discount was 20%, but now it is 10%. You get some discounts on restaurants (if you eat on a Thursday between 1:00 & 1:30), well, not quite that bad, but there are different restrictions on each, and it is kinda hard to keep track of them

Last year we split the TIW with a friend, I forgot what the break even point was before you realized any discount. I think it was somewhere between $375?
This yeat the TIW cost went up a considerable amount to $100, from $75 so we'll have to re-evaluate if its still worth it.

You can upgrade your tickets at any customer service kiosk in front of the parks, or in DTD. Be sure to have photo IDs with you.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #1378
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

I love the shirts...especially the tie dye ones. AWESOME!

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 03-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #1379
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
22 days until Yacht Club!!!!

When you see the family rocking these

And these

Feel free to say HI!!!
Phew!! Finally caught up!!! Spring Break has begun here Love the shirts Mousemommy1!!! We are going to attempt the tie dyed ones over break!!!

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 03-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #1380
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks mouse mommy! Where & how soon prior to trip did you buy the AP? How much is the merchandise discount? I'd love to hear what you think of TIW when you get back!
We purchased the AP's in March of last year because we knew we'd have the trips in July and then this April. The clock doesn't start ticking on them until you activate the voucher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_2 View Post
I love the shirts...especially the tie dye ones. AWESOME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
Phew!! Finally caught up!!! Spring Break has begun here Love the shirts Mousemommy1!!! We are going to attempt the tie dyed ones over break!!!
Thanks guys!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: