Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #1321
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
If you book a package & need to cancel more that 45 days out & you have only put the $200 down do you get it back eventually? Or is it lost all together? Or if you'd paid for package in full & cancel more than 45 days out do you get all of your money back Even without travel ins?
Thanks
Angeejoe
We had to do this many years ago, and we did in fact loose the $200. The CM that cancelled the ressie was kind enough to keep the "money" from our Disney Rewards dollars though, which was nice.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 03-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #1322
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Here is a link to a super thread for Star Wars Weekends Tips!! We too will be going, but to the first weekend!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2955827

THANKS!!!! I knew my friends on this tread would be able to help me. I will start reading through this new tread.
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #1323
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Dee,

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for all you do on this board . This morning I was doing a search on Dis to find bounce back offers, after going through several posts through search engine, I could not find a picture of the bounce back offer & dates . Then a light went off in my head. I thought "I wonder if Dee has it on the 1st page." So I went through 1st page & lo & behold it was there! Thank you for being so thorough & wonderful! I appreciate you!!

Angeejoe

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 03-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #1324
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
We had to do this many years ago, and we did in fact loose the $200. The CM that cancelled the ressie was kind enough to keep the "money" from our Disney Rewards dollars though, which was nice.
What are Disney reward dollars?

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 03-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #1325
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What are Disney reward dollars?
They are the rewards I receive from my Disney Visa Credit Card.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 03-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #1326
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
They are staying at POR. I gave her all of my Disney secrets but I really don't think she is going to heed any of my advice. She asked me if I am one of those crazy people who books their meals 4 months out, to which I said, " I book mine at 180 days out so we can eat where we want". There's only so much Disney hating I can take. She thinks I'm nuts and I think she's nuts, so we are even!

Her and her husband are bringing her three kids....boys ages 14, 11 and 10. I hope at least THEY have a good time. But she said the 14 year-old doesn't even want to go...he wants to stay home with his aunt. They are such Disney Downers......
My IL's were like this...I can't remember if they went when they had 5 kids, or 6...but they didn't plan ANYTHING! The only things they enjoyed were the HS Stars and Cars parade, and playing with things in Innoventions. Seriously? I think they think we're nuts for going back as often as we do...but then again, they are rather practical, pragmatic types...not sure if they would have really "got" the magic, even if they'd let us plan for them...
Old 03-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #1327
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Where are they staying?

I was at a restaurant in December and the two couples at the table behind us were talking (loudly) about their recent trip to Disney "We ate at the steak place in France (sic) and we had to make reservations 2 months in advance!" My family gave me the stink-eye that said "Don't you dare get involved"
I bet you were dying to speak up-I know I would've been
Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
They are staying at POR. I gave her all of my Disney secrets but I really don't think she is going to heed any of my advice. She asked me if I am one of those crazy people who books their meals 4 months out, to which I said, " I book mine at 180 days out so we can eat where we want". There's only so much Disney hating I can take. She thinks I'm nuts and I think she's nuts, so we are even!

Her and her husband are bringing her three kids....boys ages 14, 11 and 10. I hope at least THEY have a good time. But she said the 14 year-old doesn't even want to go...he wants to stay home with his aunt. They are such Disney Downers......
I had to laugh when I saw that there's only so much disney hating you can take-me too It's a wee bit sad for a 14 yr old to want to stay home though Maybe they will be pleasantly surprised- you never know
Old 03-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #1328
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you book a package & need to cancel more that 45 days out & you have only put the $200 down do you get it back eventually? Or is it lost all together? Or if you'd paid for package in full & cancel more than 45 days out do you get all of your money back Even without travel ins?
Thanks
Angeejoe
I don't know about paid in full, but last year, I cancelled by BC package (free dining, sniff sniff) in June for the stay that was to be at the end of August and I got my $200 back, on the Visa I used for the $200 down payment. It did take two weeks or so to hit on my Visa. I did not have travel insurance.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #1329
Vaninou
Earning My Ears

Hello,

Would love to have a pin but I'm in Switzerland... Could anyone do one for me and be sooooo nice ans send it to me? I will of course pay for the fees...
Thanks a lot :-)
OMG 43 days to go !!! So excited
October 83: WDW (Hilton) - July 87: WDW (Hilton) - April 94: DL Paris (New Port Bay Club) - December 95: WDW (Yacht Club) - September 98: DL (Offsite) - May 09: DL Paris (Offsite) - May 10: WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge) - October 10: DL (Offsite) - May 12: WDW (Beach Club Villas) - May 13: WDW (Beach Club Villas) - December 2013: DL Paris (Disneyland Hotel)
Next Trip May 2015 WDW Beach Club Club Level
Old 03-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #1330
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Where are they staying?

I was at a restaurant in December and the two couples at the table behind us were talking (loudly) about their recent trip to Disney "We ate at the steak place in France (sic) and we had to make reservations 2 months in advance!" My family gave me the stink-eye that said "Don't you dare get involved"
Ahahaha!! I was on line at Costco, and the woman in front of me had a WDW hoodie on! That's all I needed, to start a conversation while my daughter was rolling her eyes at me
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #1331
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Ahahaha!! I was on line at Costco, and the woman in front of me had a WDW hoodie on! That's all I needed, to start a conversation while my daughter was rolling her eyes at me
Oh my gosh I am the same way. At work I am always drawn to people with the Mickey purses, or hats, T-shirts etc. It is the easiest way into a conversation with someone....I tell them I have Mouse issues too!!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #1332
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette
333disneymom

Sent you a PM let me know if you got it!

~Nannette
I did not get your message. Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #1333
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
I did not get your message. Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I just tried again. If you don't get it please send me a pm.

~Nannette
Old 03-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #1334
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dee,

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for all you do on this board . This morning I was doing a search on Dis to find bounce back offers, after going through several posts through search engine, I could not find a picture of the bounce back offer & dates . Then a light went off in my head. I thought "I wonder if Dee has it on the 1st page." So I went through 1st page & lo & behold it was there! Thank you for being so thorough & wonderful! I appreciate you!!

Angeejoe
Thanks for that! It was really nice to hear! Glad you were able to find what you were looking for.

You probably haven't noticed. I'm a bit "detail oriented" *coughs* compulsive *coughs*, but I think I hide it pretty well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
I bet you were dying to speak up-I know I would've been
Yup! I was practically ready to burst, but I kept quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaninou View Post
Hello,

Would love to have a pin but I'm in Switzerland... Could anyone do one for me and be sooooo nice ans send it to me? I will of course pay for the fees...
Thanks a lot :-)
OMG 43 days to go !!! So excited
We don't have any more pins, or supplies to make them, but I think I have the original design kicking around in my files. I'll post it here. A little DIY project for anyone who wants to get creative with their laminator.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #1335
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Pin Design

Here was the original pin design created by RustManFan on the Creative DISigns board:

I wasn't involved in the process, but one of the posters to this board had a bunch of leftover blank pins, and added the design to them. Here is a sample of the finished product.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: