Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #1276
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
Well it's nice to see someone from Ohio on here! Everyone seems to be from NJ or New England!!
Still dealing with the snow. Hope today's snow will be the last snow of the season. Need to go to WDW to warm up!!
__________________
LoveMickeyMouse is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #1277
Mickey & Minnie Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey & Minnie Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear View Post
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but can anyone comment on the BC villas sofa bed in the 1 bedrooms? A friend of mine, her husband and their 9 year old twins (boy and a girl) are going in Nov. They are renting points for 10 nights and there is availability at the BC villas. Her only hesitation is the twins would need to share the sofa bed and she is concerned with the comfort level of it. Is it the kind where the mattress is sagging and you roll to the middle of the bed all night long or would it be ok for 2 9 year olds for 10 nights? Thanks for the input!
It will depend on the exact one in the room, but my kids never complained about sleeping on the sofa bed together when we stayed.

We stayed in the villas in 2009 & 2010 when they were 9 & 7 and 10 & 8, boy and girl. Luckily, they are actually very good friends to one another and like one another most of the time. They always found enough of their own space so no complaints.
__________________
Mickey & Minnie Mom

Mickey & Minnie Mom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #1278
Mickey & Minnie Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey & Minnie Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 937

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickeyMouse View Post
Still dealing with the snow. Hope today's snow will be the last snow of the season. Need to go to WDW to warm up!!
Agreed! It has literally snowed all day today in northern Cincy. Luckily, they are tiny flakes but still ... some spring break start for my kids.
__________________
Mickey & Minnie Mom

Mickey & Minnie Mom is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #1279
Mike Appel
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3

Love the energy in this thread! We are a family of 6 going to the BC 5/19 to 5/22. Our oldest daughter is a graduate of the college program. She worked at the GF. On a snowy day, the thread is a great get away!
Mike Appel is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #1280
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer
 
medicgirl177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Saratoga Springs. New York
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
Whew miss a couple of days and tons of pages to catch up on. First I am glad everyone is safe from the storms yesterday and for those of you who are staring at the white stuff like me, I do believe this was the last hoorah and spring might actually start creeping in.

So we are officially PIF and 45 days from now will be enjoying our first trip to BC! To say I am excited is the understatement of the year. A huge thanks again to everyone on this thread who is so helpful and friendly and adds even more excitement to an already excitement filled trip. It looks like quite a few of us will be there overlapping in May so hopefully a friendly wave and DIS'er hello will be forthcoming. I will be proudly wearing my pin courtesy of Nannette.

Ill be there the same time and will be looking for your pin!
__________________
Me DH DD (12) , DS (7)



medicgirl177 is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #1281
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 106

At BC for Star Wars Weekend

We are going to be going to DHS on June 9 for the last day of Star Wars Weekends. Staying at BC will be great for this, since I don't expect to stay all day. We want to get pictures with characters, and see the parade. We have lunch reservations for 50's Prime Time Cafe at 11:30 a.m. Anyone know when the parade occurs? From what I can see on the internet, it was at 11:40 two years ago. Wondering if we need to cancel our lunch, and have a late lunch back at the BC. Anyone attended in the past? Any idea when the parade occurs? Does it change every year?
__________________
LoveMickeyMouse is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #1282
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Hello fellow Midwesterners! Chicago here! Home of the endless winter......
Chicago was hit so hard this year! I have an aunt that lives in Downers Grove. Are you near there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGhosts View Post
Checking in from Cleveland, Ohio where we have flurries and 34 degrees. ENOUGH already! But I see the forecast calls for sun by the end of the week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickeyMouse View Post
Still dealing with the snow. Hope today's snow will be the last snow of the season. Need to go to WDW to warm up!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey & Minnie Mom View Post
Agreed! It has literally snowed all day today in northern Cincy. Luckily, they are tiny flakes but still ... some spring break start for my kids.
So many Ohio disneys lovers! That's awesome! Do you guys drive or fly to Disney? My husband likes to drive.

I'm ready for winter to end! We had snow today too & local schools closed, I didn't think it was that bad, but I ready for spring.
__________________
11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Angeejoe is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #1283
pmdeve
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 735

I love this thread. Really helps with planning our return trip.
pmdeve is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #1284
GGGhosts
Earning My Ears
 
GGGhosts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 65

We always FLY to Disney from Ohio. It's like a 17-20 straight drive, but when you can get a flight for $178 round trip, you gotta FLY! I really lucked out this time. When I was in my 20's, we would drive, but there is no way I would do it now in my 50's!
__________________
GGGhosts is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #1285
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,456

Thanks Dee & Angeejoe I'm really excited to be booked for flights for my Jan. trip it's dangerous being off from work more time to get myself in trouble!!
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is online now  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #1286
Mewissy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 122

Hi everyone!


Sunday was our 180day mark! Got all of the ADRs we wanted . The only problem was the website wouldn't let us book for our whole stay, so I needed to call. I was so excited to book the restaurants (and the Albatross Pirate Cruise and Pirate League), but now I feel like all that's left is waiting!

Dee - our exact dates are 9/20 - 9/27 in the BCV. My daughter will turn 7 on the 21st and she is super excited about this being her best birthday yet.

Is there a good resource for reading up on things for kids to do in Epcot? I have DD 7, DD 4, and DS 4. I've caught things on the boards here and there but most sites I've seen seem to be outdated. Any help would be appreciated!
Mewissy is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #1287
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!
 
nannette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Big Apple
Posts: 1,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Thanks Dee & Angeejoe I'm really excited to be booked for flights for my Jan. trip it's dangerous being off from work more time to get myself in trouble!!
Lol! Thats how I ended up with so many trips this year... 5 trips in a year is nuts, but I'm loving it!!

~Nannette
__________________



nannette is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #1288
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewissy View Post
Hi everyone!


Sunday was our 180day mark! Got all of the ADRs we wanted . The only problem was the website wouldn't let us book for our whole stay, so I needed to call. I was so excited to book the restaurants (and the Albatross Pirate Cruise and Pirate League), but now I feel like all that's left is waiting!

Dee - our exact dates are 9/20 - 9/27 in the BCV. My daughter will turn 7 on the 21st and she is super excited about this being her best birthday yet.

Is there a good resource for reading up on things for kids to do in Epcot? I have DD 7, DD 4, and DS 4. I've caught things on the boards here and there but most sites I've seen seem to be outdated. Any help would be appreciated!
I'll make the adjustment.

Have you read up about the Phineas and Furb adventures? I bet your kids are great ages for this. We did it when it was Kim Possible, and we had a device like a cell phone and it would make things happen in the different countries.

There's also the Kid Cot Stations in each country- they're still around, right? The kids can do a craft like coloring a mask.

Is there a Disney with Kids or Disney with Families sub forum? Maybe that would have more helpful info.

Maybe others with younger kids than mine have a few suggestions for you.

Last edited by natebenma; 03-25-2013 at 07:45 PM.
natebenma is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #1289
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickeyMouse View Post
We are going to be going to DHS on June 9 for the last day of Star Wars Weekends. Staying at BC will be great for this, since I don't expect to stay all day. We want to get pictures with characters, and see the parade. We have lunch reservations for 50's Prime Time Cafe at 11:30 a.m. Anyone know when the parade occurs? From what I can see on the internet, it was at 11:40 two years ago. Wondering if we need to cancel our lunch, and have a late lunch back at the BC. Anyone attended in the past? Any idea when the parade occurs? Does it change every year?
Here is a link to a super thread for Star Wars Weekends Tips!! We too will be going, but to the first weekend!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2955827
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #1290
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran
 
DrMomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear View Post
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but can anyone comment on the BC villas sofa bed in the 1 bedrooms? A friend of mine, her husband and their 9 year old twins (boy and a girl) are going in Nov. They are renting points for 10 nights and there is availability at the BC villas. Her only hesitation is the twins would need to share the sofa bed and she is concerned with the comfort level of it. Is it the kind where the mattress is sagging and you roll to the middle of the bed all night long or would it be ok for 2 9 year olds for 10 nights? Thanks for the input!
My kids shared the sofa bed without an issue. (They were 6 and 4 at the time so a bit younger.)
I also slept on a sofa bed in a BCV studio and found it surprisingly comfortable. I was only there for 4 nights but I ran the ToT 10 mile race during that time so I'm sure I would have felt everything little lump if the bed weren't comfortable!

Amanda
__________________
Proud mom to DS age 10 DD age 8 DS age 6
Ran the Disney Half-Marathon 2011; Full Marathon 2012; ToT 2012; GOOFY 2013; Princess 2013; 10k and full marathon 2014
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: