Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #1246
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you are safe Teena!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 03-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #1247
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I'm glad you are safe Teena!!!

Amanda
Thanks Amanda.
Our fishing trip today was cancelled due to high winds. We're going out Friday instead.
You guys getting hit with snow??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #1248
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Yuck snow!!! NYC is supposed to get maybe an inch or 2... but that's an inch or 2 more than I want!! Glad to hear you are safe Teena! Enjoy your time with Jeannie... i bet you are both missing that little one like crazy Stay busy and enjoy the time!!

~Nannette
Old 03-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #1249
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Thanks. It was very scary. Winds like a hurricane and crazy hail. Then the sun came out.
Glad you're safe Teena - it looked very scary on the news.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #1250
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Teena!!! I'm sure they won't need it but I was just curious!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #1251
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
Just changed my reservations from split stay at WL and YC to 4 nights BC CL 1 bedroom suite 6/24 through 6/28.

I'll make the adjustment to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funforfive View Post
We are currently booked at POR for 3 nights the weekend after Easter...convince me to switch for about $500 more...or not. Anyone think it's worth it? We plan parks Sat, Sun and leave for early pm flight Monday. Family of 2 A 3 kids

Thanks for input

Others have made great points about location (that is my number one reason for loving teh Beach & Yacht Club), especially for a short trip, more room in the room and an awesome pool.

If you decide to make the change, let us know and I will add you tot he Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Dog View Post
Are there any good snack credit options at the Beach Club?

Do you have an upcoming stay or will you just be visiting the resort?

If you want to be added to the Be Our Guest list, let me know when you are staying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
Thank you! You work very fast. Just the #s I was looking for.

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list? When is your trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmom View Post
How many YC standard rooms with a daybed??
to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeadream View Post
45 Days until I arrive at the Yacht Club! DH & I are so excited!
I am so thankful for this wonderful post-It is so informative!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. May?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
O.k. I have a question for all the Beach Club fanatics....we will be staying here for the first time this summer and I was wondering if there was a community room (like they have at the Contemporary with the foosball table) at Beach or Yacht club. THANKS!!!

As Teena said, there is no community room with table games, but if you are just looking for a gathering spot, The Solarium is a room with tvs and couches and other comfy seating. It is around the corner from the BC Marketplace. There are a few pictures on Page 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
185 days until our first BC stay and first time CL!!! So far away, but good things are worth the wait!
Yeah! ADR time! Will you be making reservations or is IPO making some for you? Let us know if you get what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Is using a Post-It note over the sensor another way to keep a motion-activated conditioner on, or am I thinking of something else.
Now I remember! The post-it note is to put over the autoflush toilet sensor at the parks if your kids are scared of the sudden flush.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #1252
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Now I remember! The post-it note is to put over the autoflush toilet sensor at the parks if your kids are scared of the sudden flush.
Yeah I know.....I used to get those two confused all the time in my earlier years !

Old 03-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #1253
GatorBoyz
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I'll make the adjustment to the Be Our Guest list.

Others have made great points about location (that is my number one reason for loving teh Beach & Yacht Club), especially for a short trip, more room in the room and an awesome pool.

If you decide to make the change, let us know and I will add you tot he Be Our Guest list.

Do you have an upcoming stay or will you just be visiting the resort?

If you want to be added to the Be Our Guest list, let me know when you are staying.

to you!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. May?

As Teena said, there is no community room with table games, but if you are just looking for a gathering spot, The Solarium is a room with tvs and couches and other comfy seating. It is around the corner from the BC Marketplace. There are a few pictures on Page 1.

Yeah! ADR time! Will you be making reservations or is IPO making some for you? Let us know if you get what you want.

I think I would like to be added to Be Our Guest....Is it just a running list of board members staying onsite at the Beach or Yacht Club and their dates ?
Thanks in Advance ..
Tim
Old 03-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #1254
GatorBoyz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyz View Post
I think I would like to be added to Be Our Guest....Is it just a running list of board members staying onsite at the Beach or Yacht Club and their dates ?
Thanks in Advance ..
Tim
Guess my dates would help...Duh
05/14-05/20
Old 03-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #1255
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Sure you can add us!! We will be in the world from May 31 - June 8 with June 2-8 at Beach Club Villas. THANKS!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #1256
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

Figure I'd join the fun..... we will be there from the 5th-8th(April). I can't wait to get back!!! I've been fighting myself about where to eat first. LOL
Old 03-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #1257
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Very excited, booked airfare for January!

still on Spring Break, 2 weeks so I've been watching fares for next January, I know my dates and noticed really good fares, so booked!!
$318 RT from Seattle . Doesn't get much better then that. Have no idea of which resort I'll be staying at, depends on what promos come out, but fare booked woohoo!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #1258
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
still on Spring Break, 2 weeks so I've been watching fares for next January, I know my dates and noticed really good fares, so booked!!
$318 RT from Seattle . Doesn't get much better then that. Have no idea of which resort I'll be staying at, depends on what promos come out, but fare booked woohoo!
Nice!! Congrats!

~Nannette
Old 03-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #1259
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
How exciting! We surprised our DDs with our first December visit in 2011. It was magical. Just a little warning though.... From that point on, if your DDs think you are up to something, they will probably think you are planning a surprise trip again. I can't tell you how many times we had to inform them that we are NOT going to Disney tomorrow. The worst was when we bought luggage on sale. They were truly convinced a surprise trip was in the making.
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I totally agree with this. We surprised our kids last year - we told them we were having a special day which turned into a special week at Disney. However, now they keep telling us how they want to spend their special days - Canada, California, New York City, etc. We created ourselves some little monsters. Lol!

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR, 04/13 - BC
Old 03-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #1260
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I have questions about the 60 day advance checkin.

Can this be done any time between 60 days before to your check in date?

I am assuming this takes the place of the prior 10 day advance checkin. Is that correct or is the 10 day still available (and different) from the 60 day advanced.

Are your keys already "cut" or prepared before your arrival if you do the advance checkin?

Has anyone checked in yet after going through this process? I can't remember when this started to know whether we are still within the 60 day window or if this started more than 2 months ago.

Having trouble wrapping my little brain around all of this!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: