Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #106
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
Can't recall about the playground, but there is an arcade near Beaches & Cream.
Silly me. Now that you say that, I do notice that the website lists Lafferty Place Arcade in the recreation page... right under the playground.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #107
capeseal
DIS Veteran

So, we are tentatively planning a November trip to coincide with the Wine & Dine half marathon. Still hoping to find a standard room available and a military discount or PIN code before moving forward. We are also looking into Boardwalk since they have some standard rooms still available during the time we are looking. We were so spoiled by our first stay at YC that no one wants to be anywhere but in the Epcot/HS areas now. (Which is unfortunate since I still love SoG (especially the prices) but I agree that it is awesome for us, traveling with a stroller, to be able to avoid buses to 2 parks. (3 if we are willing to hike through Epcot and monorail to the MK .)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #108
Mewissy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal View Post
We were so spoiled by our first stay at YC that no one wants to be anywhere but in the Epcot/HS areas now. (Which is unfortunate since I still love SoG (especially the prices) but I agree that it is awesome for us, traveling with a stroller, to be able to avoid buses to 2 parks. (3 if we are willing to hike through Epcot and monorail to the MK .)
When we stayed at BW we decided we would do just that to get to MK. My logic was that I like to be moving instead of waiting for the bus. Well, let me tell you, it took FOREVER. We totally misjudged it. The walk through EPCOT was much longer than we thought. Then, we get on the monorail no problem and didn't realize we'd have to change at the TTC and then take another monorail to MK. Let's just say we didn't do that again

Last edited by Mewissy; 02-27-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #109
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewissy View Post
When we stayed at BW we decided we would do just that to get MK. My logic was that I like to be moving instead of waiting for the bus. Well, let me tell you, it took FOREVER. We totally misjudged it. The walk through EPCOT was much longer than we thought. Then, we get on the monorail no problem and didn't realize we'd have to change at the TTC and then take another monorail to MK. Let's just say we didn't do that again
Yeah, we did it once during our last trip to get to a dinner reservation at GF. It worked for us because there were a few things we wanted to do in Epcot (DD wanted to meet Marie, DH wanted to do a quick ride on Mission Space) but, you are so right, it is a LONG walk. Longer than you think when you set out. And it was the evening before our Tower of Terror 10-miler, so not a great plan to walk anymore than necessary that day.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #110
capeseal
DIS Veteran

But I do dislike buses an awful lot. It is almost worth the walk for me rather than cramming with two small children and a large stroller
Old 02-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #111
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal

Yeah, we did it once during our last trip to get to a dinner reservation at GF. It worked for us because there were a few things we wanted to do in Epcot (DD wanted to meet Marie, DH wanted to do a quick ride on Mission Space) but, you are so right, it is a LONG walk. Longer than you think when you set out. And it was the evening before our Tower of Terror 10-miler, so not a great plan to walk anymore than necessary that day.
Yeah, I find that it works better to get BACK to the Epcot area resorts, and best NOT be in a hurry. Leaving MK, twins asleep in a double stroller, just hop the monorail, switch, head for Epcot. Walk through Epcot. Stop for libations, R&C is on the way back after all! Twins get nice siesta, head back to resort & the pool!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #112
Mewissy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
But I do dislike buses an awful lot. It is almost worth the walk for me rather than cramming with two small children and a large stroller
We did it as just 2 adults, so it was do-able. We just kept rolling our eyes and asking whose bright idea this was

We're taking the kids for the first time this year - they are 6, 4, and 4. So, I've never had to deal with the stroller, but I can imagine.

And, thanks Dee and Pixarmom for the answers about SAB hours!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #113
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Oh my, I found you all!!! A new thread and I'm caught up already!! So thankful for the wonderful green army man who pointed me in the right direction!! Thank you so much natebenma for unpacking everything for us so we can get settled more quickly!! I still haven't figured out how to put in the bananas and other fun items on my iPad when replying!!

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 02-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #114
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

Exactly where are the garden view rooms at Beach Club? Are they the ones that face the main walkway into the lobby from the beach area? Or are they the ones that face Epcot (the walkway that leads to the Villas) thru the trees?

Is there some other garden area that I am not aware of?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #115
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Yeah, I find that it works better to get BACK to the Epcot area resorts, and best NOT be in a hurry. Leaving MK, twins asleep in a double stroller, just hop the monorail, switch, head for Epcot. Walk through Epcot. Stop for libations, R&C is on the way back after all! Twins get nice siesta, head back to resort & the pool!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Yes! We plan to try the plan on here for getting back from DtD with a boat to POR, resort bus to parks, and then a walk through Epcot. Still have to get on a bus but not the DtD one. I have never had a worse experience than the hour and 15 minutes we spend coming back from DtD last trip. (At SoG the downtown Disney bus was always very punctual and never seemed to suffer holdups.) I really am a go with the flow sort of Disney traveler who doesn't sweat a slow pace but the bus ride was complete torture with two squirmy people in my lap and my husband balancing the stroller at the back of the bus while people screamed at the bus driver for something that was not his fault
Old 02-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #116
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewissy View Post
We did it as just 2 adults, so it was do-able. We just kept rolling our eyes and asking whose bright idea this was

We're taking the kids for the first time this year - they are 6, 4, and 4. So, I've never had to deal with the stroller, but I can imagine.

And, thanks Dee and Pixarmom for the answers about SAB hours!
I don't know how others feel about it but I have very negative feelings associated with strollers and buses. I think some of it is traveling with a big BOB jogging stroller? My poor DH has it much worse since he's the one always standing with it . We would both almost always choose a long walk over a bus. I think because we at least have the feeling when walking that we are making progress, even if it is slower rather than being at the mercy of the buses where we sometimes have to wait so that I can sit with the kids or are stuck in an enclosed space with others who may be very cranky or a little crazy...or both
Old 02-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #117
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
You've done a great job with the information on this thread, Dee. Thanks for that.

We have stayed at BC and have participated in the 5K fun run that they hold on marathon weekend. We were allowed to walk through Epcot to the starting area that was located in an Epcot parking lot. I think the race numbers that we had were the ticket to getting through the gates.

I know that Disney provides buses to the race starting place for the
marathon and half marathon from the resorts. The runners get picked up in the wee hours of the morning, like 3 am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Our kids participate in the YES program (Youth Education Series) at WDW and last year, our class was at Epcot at 8am. We were admitted thru IG without any problems at all. Rope Drop was at 9am. You are definitely able to enter before Rope Drop at IG. Hope this helps!
Thank you both for this info. This question has been asked, but I have never heard definitively from anyone that you could actually walk through EP before it is open.

I want to do that now!!!

Catho72- what Y.E.S program did you do? How did you like it? Have you done any others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
I'm new to YC/BC, but is there no gaming arcade for a teen to hang out in?

I looked on the DisneyWorld site at the Beach Club's Recreation section, and I don't see one listed there.

But interestingly, I did notice that they list a children's playground "near the kiddie pool." Didn't I read here that they removed that playground equipment?
I see you answered your own question.

No playground

Yes arcade

I have a few pictures up of the arcade on Page 1 and a link to more, I think.

Does anyone know if the arcade has gone through a recenIt renovation? It hasn't to my knowledge.

Would you mind if I added some of your MDE links when I revise the check-in info for the FAQ. I have to admit that not having a trip booked in the immediate future, I haven't really been paying attention to what is going on.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #118
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
Just wanted to pop in to bid farewell. We were supposed to be staying at the BC next week, but the resort is overbooked, and I got a call about being moved today. We were given the choice of Poly standard room or WL deluxe suite. That was a no-brainer, as we will have more space and CL access(!!!) at WL. We also love that resort and really feel at home there. I can't say I'm not a little disappointed as I've had my heart set on BC, but the resort will always be there, and now I get a free chance to experience club level . I hope all who have an upcoming trip have a wonderful time! Many thanks to Dee and all of the fabulous people who contribute to this board. I'm now off to research WL CL!
Just saw this. I booked BC in January for Sept/Oct trip. I would hate for this to happen to us. We want to stay in that area for food and wine! How long ago did you book BC?
Old 02-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #119
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Would you mind if I added some of your MDE links when I revise the check-in info for the FAQ. I have to admit that not having a trip booked in the immediate future, I haven't really been paying attention to what is going on.
Not at all. My contributions are free for use.

I'm three few weeks away from my trip to BCV, but I'm making a list of things to look for and photos to take. Any specific requests?

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #120
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes! We plan to try the plan on here for getting back from DtD with a boat to POR, resort bus to parks, and then a walk through Epcot. Still have to get on a bus but not the DtD one. I have never had a worse experience than the hour and 15 minutes we spend coming back from DtD last trip. (At SoG the downtown Disney bus was always very punctual and never seemed to suffer holdups.) I really am a go with the flow sort of Disney traveler who doesn't sweat a slow pace but the bus ride was complete torture with two squirmy people in my lap and my husband balancing the stroller at the back of the bus while people screamed at the bus driver for something that was not his fault
You may want to try going from POR to HS and then taking the boat, or walking, to the BC instead of walking through Epcot. My sister was staying at POFQ and was meeting us at Cape May, and that was how she got there.

Then my sisters tried to get from DTD to the GF to meet us for dinner - what a terrible trip they had. They will never do that again. Even though the bus only stopped at WL and the GF, they said it took over an hour. What do these DTD buses do that takes them so long?

We would often take the bus to MK and take the monorail to Epcot for a nice stroll, stopping at some places along the way, to get back to the BC. The bus to MK is direct from the BC, but makes stops on the way back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post
Just saw this. I booked BC in January for Sept/Oct trip. I would hate for this to happen to us. We want to stay in that area for food and wine! How long ago did you book BC?
I don't know if there is anything you can do to prevent being bumped out of the resort. We found out that we had been bumped out of BC and put in YC when we were checking in. My husband was furious, but there was nothing he could do or say to stop the move. I sure wish we had gotten offered CL at WL instead of a move to a room in the same category. There was a thread around here about people's stories of being bumped. And almost every one of them were unable to prevent it. At least they started to warn some people ahead of time and give them upgrades.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: