Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #931
natebenma
DIS Veteran

bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
I just saw some photos of a BC 1 bedroom suite and it had a sofa in the bedroom. Does anyone know if all the 1 bedroom suites have a sofa and does it pull out to a bed?
bumping
Anyone know?
I think I have pictures of the 1 bedroom suite in the BC deluxe rooom thread but I don't know if many of the posters on here have stayed in one.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #932
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Angeejoe thank you so much for the photos, the room and location look fab, love the glasses on the bunny too
You're welcome Ziggy! I'm just so proud of myself to actually get the pics up here with Dee's help of course!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #933
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
Somehow, maybe we could make them into a smallish credit card size and then laminate it, thereby being able to slip it in with your KTTW card (until that is obsolete), or if you wear a lanyard you could slip it into the pouch that you can clip on to it. I was thinking a size that you could put onto your key ring, but most people aren't carrying their keys around when they are vacation. So, credit card size it is!! natebenma can you declare the Sunken Treasure as the "state" drink of the Beachclub Resort thread? Lobster and Shrimp Roll as the "state" food? The Famous Fish as our "state" fish? The Oreo Bon Bon as our "state" dessert? Can you tell I'm obsessing over this whole bit Helps me to keep thinking about Disney and Beachclub
Do I have that authority???

COOL!!!

Ok, then, I hereby proclaim that the Sunken Treasure is the official drink of the BC/YC Friends & Fun FAQ thread! The official dessert is the Oreo Bon-Bon. There is a tie for the official sandwich- I declare the Lobster & Shrimp Roll and Beaches & Cream burger as co-official meals.

The Famous Fish Lamp is here-to-fore the official landmark of tacky decor of the Beach Club. The BCV has the DVC mermaid (sorry Ariel). Is there a similarly tacky decoration over at the YC? There used to be the Mickey/Duffy boat in Fittings and Fairings, but that is gone now.

If we can't come up with something, we will have to go with the globe.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #934
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Oh my, what is an Oreo bon bon?!

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

Old 03-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #935
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Oh my, what is an Oreo bon bon?!
These (on the left)!

They are made from an oreo cookie (just the cookie or the cream too?, a chocoate mousse type filling a cocoa covering. Can anyone describe them better than that?

They used to be the signature dessert at the Cape May Clambake (like the zebra domes at Boma), but they were discountinued at the restaurant a couple of years ago. They still sell them in 6 packs at the Beach Club Marketplace and I think they still serve them in the CL lounge some nights.

BTW- we never did get a report on the Rice Whiskey Treats- win or fail?

Old 03-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #936
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wouldn't we be luring them with Sunken Treasures, Lobster Rolls, Oreo Bon Bons, Grand Mariner Slushies, and CL food offerings? I'm sensing a trend with this group, food and drink
It's pretty bad when the lurkers start requesting their preferred lures! YES! We will start driving around in the BC/YC van dangling Oreo bon bons et al out the window!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post

It is fantastic to see the widespread influence of the Sunken Treasure.

Dee - you will have to accept that while you can influence people to carry the recipe around, not all will be obsessive enough to laminate it (even though they should)
When you laminate it, like a trip schedule, that means you can't change it... so Laminate it babeeee!

Quote:
Somehow, maybe we could make them into a smallish credit card size and then laminate it, thereby being able to slip it in with your KTTW card (until that is obsolete), or if you wear a lanyard you could slip it into the pouch that you can clip on to it.
OMG! You were reading my mind. I plan on keeping my credit card size Sunkin Treasure recipe right next to my health insurance card so they know at the hospital what is really important for pain control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Do I have that authority???

COOL!!!

Ok, then, I hereby proclaim that the Sunken Treasure is the official drink of the BC/YC Friends & Fun FAQ thread! The official dessert is the Oreo Bon-Bon. There is a tie for the official sandwich- I declare the Lobster & Shrimp Roll and Beaches & Cream burger as co-official meals.

The Famous Fish Lamp is here-to-fore the official landmark of tacky decor of the Beach Club. The BCV has the DVC mermaid (sorry Ariel). Is there a similarly tacky decoration over at the YC? There used to be the Mickey/Duffy boat in Fittings and Fairings, but that is gone now.

If we can't come up with something, we will have to go with the globe.
Ahem... Tacky??? I bought 3 of those play doh versions off of Etsy!

.... and yes... we should go with the globe for the Yacht Club. It has that handy shelf surrounding it that makes for a great resting place for the Sunkin Treasure when you have to put it down to pick up your lobster roll.

~NM
Old 03-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #937
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

OMG! You were reading my mind. I plan on keeping my credit card size Sunkin Treasure recipe right next to my health insurance card so they know at the hospital what is really important for pain control!

~NM
So, I hesitate to offer this and I don't know if I can!! Like nannette does the pins, I would be willing to tackle the drink card Just offering

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 03-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #938
disneyxo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So, I hesitate to offer this and I don't know if I can!! Like nannette does the pins, I would be willing to tackle the drink card Just offering
Ohhhhh I like your idea
Old 03-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #939
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are just the coolest!!

~NM
Old 03-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #940
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Where could one find this Sunkin Treasure recipe? My curiosity is piqued! Looking forward to our first BC stay
Old 03-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #941
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Alright, PM me and I will start my list and get working on it!! Right now, I won't get to it until tomorrow as my son made the finals for state championships for hockey and I'm 3 hours from home!! Won't get home until after 10:00 tonight!!

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 03-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #942
disneyxo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Alright, PM me and I will start my list and get working on it!! Right now, I won't get to it until tomorrow as my son made the finals for state championships for hockey and I'm 3 hours from home!! Won't get home until after 10:00 tonight!!
PM sent, and good luck to your son!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #943
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo
Where could one find this Sunkin Treasure recipe? My curiosity is piqued! Looking forward to our first BC stay
From the second page of our thread.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
Beach and Yacht Club Community Page

Sunken Treasure: The unofficial beverage of the Beach and Yacht Club FAQ forum:

Contents: Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao.

Please note that the Sunken Treasure is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna's, however if you get a bartender who knows how to make the drink, you may still be in luck!

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experiemented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #944
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59
I just saw some photos of a BC 1 bedroom suite and it had a sofa in the bedroom. Does anyone know if all the 1 bedroom suites have a sofa and does it pull out to a bed?
I checked online for you, as I have never stayed in a 1 bedroom. It shows a bed in the bedroom and a sofa pullout bed in the living room.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #945
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
I checked online for you, as I have never stayed in a 1 bedroom. It shows a bed in the bedroom and a sofa pullout bed in the living room.

Just clarifying-

Were you looking at BCV 1 BR or BC 1 BR Suite? I believe they are asking about a 1 bedroom room in the Beach Club resort.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: