Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #886
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray29 View Post
I have finally decided to stop lurking and join in. We are staying at the YC from August 15th ~ 26th. This will be our 1st stay at a deluxe resort. We have always stayed value and been very happy. I had never been able to justify the price jump even to stay at a moderate, but we got such a great deal through ***, we decided it was too good to pass up. We can't wait for August to get here!
Oh, us too! (although we have stayed at mods...but our last couple of stays have been non-Disney) Can't wait til August!!
Old 03-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #887
Graniteland
MouseMan

Long time lurker, first time poster. LOVE this site and all the info on everything Disney.

I'm taking my first family trip to Disney since I visited Epcot way back when it first opened in 1982. I guess it has change some since then.

Staying this April 20-26 at BC in GV CL with meal plan. Don't think I'll go hungry. Traveling with my spouse and 2 kids (9-12). Very excited and very ready for a vacation. Please feel free to add me to your guest list.

I read about the concern some people had regarding the availability of bottle water for CL guests, somewhere on these boards. Terri the CIP at the BC wrote me to say that Dasani water is indeed available. Just an FYI for anyone who cares about water.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #888
melindae10
Mouseketeer

Swimming question here! I read in the SAB info that they have swim diapers. Are they a special type of swim diaper? I know some places don't like the regular store bought brand. I am getting diapers from Garden Grocer so I wanted to know if I should get the swim diapers from them also.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #889
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Yeah, I have a little "electronic storage issue" problem.
A Little storage problem?? I saw that you were featured on the show "Hoarders, the electronic file version".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray29 View Post
I have finally decided to stop lurking and join in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteland View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster. LOVE this site and all the info on everything Disney.
I LOVE IT when we lure the lurkers out of hiding!

HERE LURKER, LURKER, LURKER!!! Want a piece of candy? That's it, come closer, closer, closer! Now type a question and hit send!

~NM
Old 03-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #890
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

I am very excited because my DH and I are planning to come back to the BC for Flower & Garden in 2014. Since Easter is April 20, 2014, we will probably aim for the first week in May.

I was talking to my DH about booking a bounce back for BC when we are at the WL this coming December. We love the BC and missed our easy walk to the World Showcase when we were at the WL last month. So we really wanted to come back, it was just a matter of deciding when it would be. I was thinking about returning in the fall of 2014, maybe for Food & Wine. But he said that he really loved it when we went to Flower & Garden in 2011, and he would like to come back then. That sounded great to me. Late April, early May is a really nice time to come to the BC. So we have decided to book the trip when we get the bounce back offer this December.

Then I said that each adult in a room can book a bounce back, and if he really wanted to, we could each book a bounce back, with the second one being for Christmas 2014. He then asked me why I didn't tell him that sooner. And I said that I only found out recently from the DIS (I've learned SO MUCH from this site.) We'll see how Christmas at the WL goes in 2013, but going to the BC in the spring and the WL in December does solve the problem of loving two resorts and wanting to go to both of them.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 03-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #891
Karebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Hi Everyone,

No more pin orders until I go to work on Monday and count how many I have left. Those who have pm'ed me already I THINK I have you all covered, but I will message you on Monday and let you know if they will be sent or if I ran out!

Thanks!!
~Nannette
Sent you a PM earlier--hope that you got it!

Old 03-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #892
jenndisney
Is this a tag? Am I dreaming? Someone pinch me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteland

I read about the concern some people had regarding the availability of bottle water for CL guests, somewhere on these boards. Terri the CIP at the BC wrote me to say that Dasani water is indeed available. Just an FYI for anyone who cares about water.
We just left club level Beach Club 6 hours ago...and yes they will provide you 20 oz bottles of water whenever you ask.

Dec, 2008 - WDW, July, 2005 - WDW, July, 2004 - DL, June, 2003 - WDW, July, 2002 - DL

Old 03-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #893
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

You may want to ask now! I think she is down to just 5 more.
So fun! Do you have an extra pin Nannette I'd love to meet fellow dis'ers when were at bc in sept !
Old 03-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #894
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteland

I'm taking my first family trip to Disney since I visited Epcot way back when it first opened in 1982. I guess it has change some since then.

Staying this April 20-26 at BC in GV CL with meal plan. Don't think I'll go hungry. Traveling with my spouse and 2 kids (9-12). Very excited and very ready for a vacation. Please feel free to add me to your guest list.

Please let us know (and post some room pictures!!) if possible of the GV CL, we're staying May 11-20 and I am dying to learn more about the location of the rooms and the views but since there are only 5 of them I haven't seen much.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #895
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
A Little storage problem?? I saw that you were featured on the show "Hoarders, the electronic file version".

It cracks me up every time Dee says that she has cleared "a spot" so she can receive another PM. She will only give up her mail box space one message at a time.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 03-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #896
tpoo
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the replies . We are going to stick with the split stay, but I will continue to check daily in hopes that someone has to reschedule(greedy) and a room opens up for that Friday for us.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #897
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear View Post
Sent you a PM earlier--hope that you got it!

Yes got it... I'll let you know Monday when i check what's left.. I think you are all set but I need to make sure before I say for sure.

~Nannette

Old 03-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #898
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Just received my pin! Thanks Nannette! Looking forward to meeting fellow disers in August.

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 03-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #899
Graniteland
MouseMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Please let us know (and post some room pictures!!) if possible of the GV CL, we're staying May 11-20 and I am dying to learn more about the location of the rooms and the views but since there are only 5 of them I haven't seen much.
Will do. Planning on lots of pictures and video as part of a detailed trip report.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #900
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melindae10 View Post
Swimming question here! I read in the SAB info that they have swim diapers. Are they a special type of swim diaper? I know some places don't like the regular store bought brand. I am getting diapers from Garden Grocer so I wanted to know if I should get the swim diapers from them also.
No special type. They don't actually check anything, just ask that anybody not potty trained uses a swim diaper. Whatever garden grocer has would be fine.

I like vacations.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: