Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #76
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
She phrased it in a way that made it seem like moving us was not optional, but I'm sure I could have said no. I understand what you man about preferring WL for fall - we were actually there this past fall - but the fact that we are being upgraded to the suite with club level access kind of sealed the deal for me. Also, since the weather is supposed to be on the cooler side (at least last I checked) next week, it won't be such a downer to not be at BC.
Glad you are excited. That's the kind of room I'd never pay for...enjoy it!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
Old 02-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #77
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
DH and I would love a date night while at WdW and luckily our youngest is finally old enough for the kids' club!
Problem is, now DD is too old...turning 14 in May, which is when our trip is. On our DCL cruise last May she roamed all over, mostly to the teen club, by herself. There isn't anything likethatfor her age at WDW though, right? I would feel fine having her stay in the room and rent a movie, but that is boring. What else can she do there? Is it safe for her to roam the resort alone? Should i just have her stay in the room? DH and I will probably go to DHS for date night.
There isn't anything like that provided at the resorts. They do have the campfire and movies under the stars, which is fun (look on pg.1 of the thread for some info). How comfortable you feel with your DD14 wandering the resort or attending the movies at the beach on her own is your call, and hers! Otherwise, I think one night chilling at your resort room won't be all too bad, IMO.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #78
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

Wow! Moved again. It seems I'm always putting in a new bookmark for this thread. I guess I'd better get rid of the two old ones, LOL. Still counting down until our summer stay, but we may have to change plans due to job situations. Crossing my fingers and praying that things work out. I need a little Disney this summer!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:38 PM   #79
DisneyDad in PA
Beach Club Fan!!

Dee, Great job!! I really appreciate this thread and enjoy all of the people involved. I was so happy to meet some of those people last year when we stayed at the BC and was able to stop by the meet. I'm looking forward to visiting the thread each day until our trip and our stay at the BC in August!!
2008 Aug Poly
2009 Nov Poly
2010 July Beach Club
2011 July Hard Rock Hotel
2012 July Beach Club
2013 Aug Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel

Me, DW, DS 16, DD 14
Old 02-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #80
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Oh thank goodness I made it to the new thread! It was touch and go for a while, like giving birth, lol. I wasn't "logged in" (because I usually am on my iPhone) and so I didn't have a subscribe option. All better now! ;0)

Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #81
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl

Wow, that's a nice upgrade! How does overbooking even happen...
That happens?? I've heard May is booked, I will be...um, annoyed (*^%#) should we be bumped a week before our trip!

Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #82
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewissy View Post
Thanks, Dee!

I took the opportunity to read through the first few posts again and had a question. It says pool hours are until 10pm, but I feel like I might have seen that this is no longer the case. Can anyone confirm? We're going in off-season, but it will still be hot (Sept), so I've thought we'd like to do some swimming.

Thanks!
Hello! We were there at the end of January/beginning of February and I posted a photo on our last thread of the sign at SAB with hours listed. As you can see from the photo, the part with the hours is detachable. So for our most recent BC/YC stays (and when we had access to SAB due to the BWI pool closure!) . . .

2013 - January/February: closed at 8pm
2012 - October: closed at 10pm
2012 - April: closed at 10pm
2011 - August: closed at either 10pm or 11pm
2011 - February: closed at 8pm
2010 - July: closed at 11pm
2010 - March: closed at 10pm

Sorry, don't know about September specifically, but those closing times are still changing!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
Old 02-27-2013, 01:51 AM   #83
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She phrased it in a way that made it seem like moving us was not optional, but I'm sure I could have said no. I understand what you man about preferring WL for fall - we were actually there this past fall - but the fact that we are being upgraded to the suite with club level access kind of sealed the deal for me. Also, since the weather is supposed to be on the cooler side (at least last I checked) next week, it won't be such a downer to not be at BC.
Have a wonderful trip. We love WL. The boat to MK is fun, and we love wandering around WL. So many hidden nooks to relax in! Last stay there we were lucky enough to be a flag family.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 02-27-2013, 02:53 AM   #84
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

New digs look great, Dee! Thank you again for keeping us together!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 AM   #85
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Thanks Dee for our new home! Love the name too
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 02-27-2013, 05:58 AM   #86
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words and imaginary drinks!

Sorry, Ninja Mom, there are not enough bellhops at BC (or even the World) to move over your baggage!

We are a fast moving thread, but things should slow down in the next day or two here after everyone has reported for duty on the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
I'm here jumping on BOARD! Nothing's set in stone yet but my fingers are crossed for Beach Club January 9-12, 2014!

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list. You can let me know if anything changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUFamily View Post
Thanks Dee, for all your hard work, you are amazing!!! I love lurking here and getting my daily fix of Disney and Beach club info as I patiently (ok not so patiently according to my DH) wait for our trip in May! Just passed our 90 day mark

I did notice that our arrival date is off by a couple days, no big deal, though! We are due to arrive on May 25 as long as they don't make us have Saturday school to make up for all the crazy snow days we've been having!

Thanks to everyone for the smiles and laughs you provide on a regular basis!! I just love it here!
I'll make the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singastory View Post
Joining in! Just got confirmation for the second part of my triple split stay in Jan 2014 today Tentative plan is BC/AKV/BLT but only AKV is for sure so far!

Sounds like a really magical split stay! I'll pencil you in on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Tink View Post
Thanks so much for all of your hard work...I would truly be lost without these threads Can you please add us to the list...we will be at the YC from 9/12 to 9/17

back!

Yes, glad to add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyredraider View Post
Hello all! Joining back in ...the past few months have been crazy, but I am fully-focused on planning our Disney trip again! I need to update my dates - we will be at BC June 16-23 (following a mommy and kids week at AKL, I'm not cheating, I promise...I just figured I would never get to stay there as a family of 5 and since there is 4 of us for that leg...I thought I'd give it a go! ).
Anyway, just flipping through the pics in the thread and soooooo excited to head back to BC!
back!

I'll update your dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
I am going to try to keep up with this thread now that a new one has started. I've been on some fast moving resort threads, but they don't even compare to this one! We'll be at BC from Sept 27-Oct 5 this year. We booked bounce back with free dining and we are bringing my mom with us. So excited about bring so close to Epcot during Food & Wine Festival. We booked a garden view room, but haven't made any requests yet.

I'll add you to the list. You will love the convenience to the World Showcase!

My recommendation is to request a full balcony, along with any other location requests you may have.

Quote:
Just wanted to pop in to bid farewell. We were supposed to be staying at the BC next week, but the resort is overbooked, and I got a call about being moved today. We were given the choice of Poly standard room or WL deluxe suite. That was a no-brainer, as we will have more space and CL access(!!!) at WL. We also love that resort and really feel at home there. I can't say I'm not a little disappointed as I've had my heart set on BC, but the resort will always be there, and now I get a free chance to experience club level . I hope all who have an upcoming trip have a wonderful time! Many thanks to Dee and all of the fabulous people who contribute to this board. I'm now off to research WL CL!
So sorry to hear you got bumped, but it sounds like you are making the best of it. I'm glad you will be experiencing club level. Happy researching and if you get a chance when you are back, let us know how the trip was.

Have a great trip and hope you come back to visit us here soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWathen View Post
Wow! Moved again. It seems I'm always putting in a new bookmark for this thread. I guess I'd better get rid of the two old ones, LOL. Still counting down until our summer stay, but we may have to change plans due to job situations. Crossing my fingers and praying that things work out. I need a little Disney this summer!!!
Fingers crossed for you.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 AM   #87
jemh628
Mouseketeer

I have jumped and landed. Thank you Dee for all the amazing work you do. I am twice as excited for this trip ( if that is possible) thanks to this thread and all the great people on it.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #88
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Just subscribed to the new thread, thanks for all of your work keeping this thread going!

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #89
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Bumping up a few things from the old thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartansFan View Post
I just returned from the Beach Club today, so this is very fresh to me. Mind you, we stayed in a Deluxe Room, Club level, so I can't speak for the typical BC room, but the in-room safe is exactly as you described. The size made it useless to us as we were hoping to store our iPads and they were too large for the safe. Additionally, the safe does have a key closure, rather than a combination which wasn't ideal to us either. I'm hoping that the safes will eventually be switched out because they are just archaic and inconvenient.

With that said, our stay was amazing and the resort overall is just a joy to visit. My kids were so sad to leave and I'm already feeling like I need to go back sooner rather than later.
Glad you had a great trip!

I think I will revise my "will it fit" info and indicate that there may be different safe sizes throughout the resort.

Do you mind sharing your room number? Any chance you have pictures to add to the BC Deluxe Room Thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debelfish View Post
I remember eating a great salad at poolside several days on a previous trip. I just looked at the new menus and don't see any. Where could we go to get a chicken type of salad to eat?
Thanks!
Elizabeth
I'm a-DRESSING anyone who has been to the BC/YC recently or is going soon. Could you lettuce know what the salad situation is at The Marketplace and Hurricane Hanna's

(despite the really bad puns, this is a serious request)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc View Post
We're YC CL with standard view.
I can't think of a request to attach to the reservation. Is there a location that has less of a parking lot view than another location?
Not sure, but I know some of the YC CL SV rooms have a MK fireworks view. See Janetmom's Trip report for details and a sample of the view from this category. The TR is linked at the bottom of the first post on Page 1.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #90
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Whew I made it!!!

Thanks again Dee-we'd be lost without you
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: