Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #616
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
This is the cake my mother surprised me with

Wow! That is beautiful! Enjoy celebrating your birthday!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #617
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn
I do have another question. How big is the safe in your room? Any chance you can take a picture?
Its rather small! Here's a picture!

Me: DH:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #618
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Its rather small! Here's a picture!
Thanks for the perspective shot. It looks like it would fit an iPad or other smaller tablet, but not a larger laptop. This is a big help! Thank you!

Old 03-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #619
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn

Thanks for the perspective shot. It looks like it would fit an iPad or other smaller tablet, but not a larger laptop. This is a big help! Thank you!
Sorry about the double post! My phone gets whacky on Disney property!

So my sister and I were chilling in our room and we heard some commotion outside our room and we went to investigate. A man from the hotel was there and kind of startled when we opened up the door. He had two birthday buttons with him....not ordinary ones...they bedazzled them! They put stickers on them...mine has aurora and a few Mickey heads and my name is written in glitter and my sister has belle!

I'm in love with this resort and the people here! They're all so nice and it just makes me feel special.
My sister and I went to hurricane Hanna's and I got the banana cabana.....YUM!!!! The bartender was so nice. It was my first time at a bar. This place is spoiling me.

Me: DH:
Old 03-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #620
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Quick checkin tonight. Still have to welcome a few people and update the BOG list.

I think around $15 plus tip. There is a taxi fare estimator in the first post in this thread, with the transportation information.
Thank you! I don't know how I missed the taxi fare tool.

Quote:
Tomorrow I move to the Beach Club!! Today, we ended up doing all four parks! It was very exhausting but it was so fun! This is my 8th trip and I had never been to two parks in one day since we never bought hoppers. Today, we did our APs justice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
As for the cab fare it never cost us more than $21.00 (US, not Canadian Loonies) to take a cab on our last two trips, and that's with a tip (anywhere from $2 to $2.50)

We are cheap but we are coming to terms with the fact that it's really a good idea to take a cab if you are going from resort to resort or BACK from Downtown Disney from the BC/YC.

For dinner at a Magic Kingdom resort area hotel we would leave early and take the bus to MK (then take Disney transportation/hoof it to the hotel) but on the way back, if we weren't going to the parks and it was anywhere near the time where a lot of people were leaving MK, we would not hesitate to take the cab back to our resort.

Definitely budget for this if you are headed to another resort, as it is well worth it. We even saved ourselves some much needed rest time by taking a cab directly to the POLY for a dinner instead of leaving an hour in advance to take the bus to MK then the monorail to poly. It took 20 minutes from BC pick up to the lobby of the Poly and we felt well rested and ready to enjoy O'Hanna when we got there.

~NM

PS. Thanks to everyone for all the TR lovin!
Thanks! We are still new to the flying and not having a car thing. This will be our second car-less trip. We are from Charleston but relocated to Nashville so we used to always drive from Charleston to WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Making sure we didn't lose anyone in "Time Warp" last night.

Please check the Be Our Guest list to make sure your information is listed correctly. I did!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

I am there and the dates are correct but we have a split stay...5/9-12 YC GV, then 5/12-5/18 BC GV. Hoping BC opens up for the whole stay, but not betting on it.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
Old 03-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #621
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica
First off, thank you all for the birthday wishes!!!! Today has been so magical! I made it to the beach club! I saw Teena but wasn't able to stop to say hi! I just want to say that the BC lobby is so loud!

I hope this picture works... this is the view from our room!

And this is the in room surprise my mother arranged for me!

If you have any questions I'll be here all week!

SAB hours are 10-10 according to the concierge desk
Happy Birthday! Want a lovely cake!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #622
Bee2u
ImJustBeeNme

I'll be at BC April 5 - 8 for my birthday. I'm really looking forward to being close to Epcot for the flower & garden fest!

My WDW trips: July 1972; Summer 1980; Honeymoon - June 28th - July 2, 1986; Summer 1999; March 2000; Our 25th Anniv. - June 24 - 28th, 2011 WL; Nov. 20 - 24, 2012 POR; 2013: Jan. 2 - 5 WL (My first Solo trip); Jan. 26 - 29 WL; birthday trip: Apr. 5 - 8 BC; June 3 - 8 WL; First trip to DLR July 5 - 7,; Sept. 19 - 22 WL; Nov. 23 - 29 POR; Dec. 6 - 9 CS; 2014: Feb. 1 - 3 Poly; Mar. 8 - 12 AoA; Apr. 3 - 7 POR; June 3 - 10 POR, WL; Aug. 3 - 5 Poly; Aug. 22 - 24 BW; Sept 12 - 14 WL; Dec. 13 - 15 POR
DCL July 31 - Aug. 3 Disney Dream; Nov. 23 - 30 Disney Magic
Old 03-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #623
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Sorry if a bit off-topic, but def disney-related - does any helpful person here (for which you are legend) know if disney issues (ie, sells) letters of marque for the "little pirates" (either beforehand or on-site)? I believe tomorrow morning is 60 day online checkin window for bc-have my nannette supplied pin i will bear proudly, thx again! Thanks either way- i may try tpas thread also.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #624
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
Sorry if a bit off-topic, but def disney-related - does any helpful person here (for which you are legend) know if disney issues (ie, sells) letters of marque for the "little pirates" (either beforehand or on-site)? I believe tomorrow morning is 60 day online checkin window for bc-have my nannette supplied pin i will bear proudly, thx again! Thanks either way- i may try tpas thread also.
Sorry ... have no idea about the little pirates. Since I now have a little princess, I'm only learning the little kid stuff as we go. I'm an expert at first haircuts and other haircuts for the little ones at Magic Kingdom though. My daughter will not allow anybody but the hairdressers at Magic Kingdom Barber Shop to touch Lily's hair. She's 20 months old today and has had two haircuts ... both at Magic Kingdom. Her next one will be in early August back at Magic Kingdom.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #625
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

Sorry ... have no idea about the little pirates. Since I now have a little princess, I'm only learning the little kid stuff as we go. I'm an expert at first haircuts and other haircuts for the little ones at Magic Kingdom though. My daughter will not allow anybody but the hairdressers at Magic Kingdom Barber Shop to touch Lily's hair. She's 20 months old today and has had two haircuts ... both at Magic Kingdom. Her next one will be in early August back at Magic Kingdom.
Teena-thanks anyway! Maybe someone else will know. Maybe our guy and I will make one together as a project (he is3.5 so authenticity requirement somewhat of a low bar). He has asked if we could be pirates together-initially i was hesitant b/c i thought no adults could wear any costumes on non-mickey halloween party days, but it appears pirates are an exception (at least if doing father-son pirates league makeover).
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #626
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Just got back home from my 9 year old son's birthday party. I successfully wrangled 15 kids in a dark movie theater and didn't lose any of them. Can I have a sunken treasure on the beach right now?
Nicely done! Yes, you have totally earned a Sunken Treasure.

What did you see for a movie?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #627
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
First off, thank you all for the birthday wishes!!!! Today has been so magical! I made it to the beach club! I saw Teena but wasn't able to stop to say hi! I just want to say that the BC lobby is so loud!
Thanks so much for the live reports and pictures!!!

I'm so glad to hear your trip has been great so far.

Awesome cake and treats!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #628
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Quote:

And this is the in room surprise my mother arranged for me!

If you have any questions I'll be here all week!

SAB hours are 10-10 according to the concierge desk
That cake is just gorgeous! Happy birthday. I think I'm super emotional today because seeing your photos made me tear up!

Were all the surprises in your room from Disney? They look so fun.

On another note, I have a couple of questions for the experts....what is a "sunken treasure"?

The letter of marque sounds fun....I wonder if someone on the Disigns thread could make one?

(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

Old 03-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #629
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babooagain View Post
Hooray! I finally get to ask to be added to the Be Our Guest list! I've been lurking on this thread for a few days, but today I finally found out that we'll be staying at BC instead of AOA for our trip August 19-25! We got a fabulous deal thanks to another thread here on the DIS that allowed us to upgrade to BC for LESS than we were paying at AOA. Gotta love the DIS.
I used to post on the DIS many years ago but it has been so long that I had to reregister, that's why I'm Babooagain.

So glad to hear about your upcoming stay at the Beach Club! I'll add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl628 View Post
Okay, so I finally made my mind up....booked and paid in full!

August 17-25, YC CL!

Could you please add us to the list? Thanks so much for this thread! It has been so informative and is getting me real excited for this trip.

I'll add you to the list!

Sorry I didn't get to answer your earlier question about balconies or daybed. At least now you know you will get a balcony. If your room does not have a daybed, you can request a rollaway when you checkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_Bride View Post
I've just booked my first stay at BC in a garden view room
DH and I will be there from Oct. 29-Nov. 5, 2013. We have never been at this time of the year and are excited to attend both Food and Wine and MNSSHP

Please add us to the Be Our Guest List

Sounds like a fantastically fun lineup for your fall trip!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee2u View Post
I'll be at BC April 5 - 8 for my birthday. I'm really looking forward to being close to Epcot for the flower & garden fest!

Great time of year to celebrate your birthday at the World and the Beach Club.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
I am there and the dates are correct but we have a split stay...5/9-12 YC GV, then 5/12-5/18 BC GV. Hoping BC opens up for the whole stay, but not betting on it.
I'll make the adjustment to the list and keep my fingers crossed for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekmom View Post
We returned home last night after our first YC stay and also first time staying deluxe.
Just wanted to say thanks for posting your pictures on the YC view thread!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #630
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
I found this on etsy for $15

http://www.etsy.com/listing/94928545...earch_type=all
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: