Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #556
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
500 posts!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #557
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Thanks DancinDaisyDuck for the mention of our recent upgrade at YC on the prior thread last week.

Dee: Thanks for posting the link to our teaser photo of the Admiral Suite. I completely blew my opportunity to reaquaint myself with the YC/BC fans over here before the trip since work kept me busy up to the night before our trip. However, the YC/BC thread was my inauguration into the Disboards 3 years ago so I have fond memories of all that these threads and you good folks have to offer.

Here's a few photos to give a better idea of the room which was a completely random upgrade that was done for counts. (Meaning they needed to make availability for a pool view CL room and had an empty suite so they selected a family to be upgraded to the suite.)

For our stay last week it was 3 nights in the Admiral suite - room 4157. (Darn that we didn't have a longer stay booked but we were at AKL before YC and then moved to BLT for 5 nites!)

Part of our room occupied the turret on the 4th floor.

The "sun room" as we called it which occupied the turret space:

Entry hall

Living room with a faux fireplace:

Dining room seats 6:

Master bedroom: (we snuck in at least one photo!)

Master bathroom: It had a 6 jet spa tub, shower, 3 vanities, and a compartment bathroom with a toilet and bidet.

Second bedroom - standard room with bathroom and a balcony:

There was also a powder room off the entry and a small kitchenette adjacent to the dining room. There were a total of 3 standard balconies and 1 stand up balcony for the suite. It had 3 entry doors and many other details that I probably captured with my 100+ photos of the room and the decor. I still have to upload most of our trip photos so it is likely if it was in the room, I have a photo! When I start my TR is will have more photos.
Wow! Just beautiful!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #558
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The weather was.... shall I say, interesting. It was warm when we got there, 80 degrees and partly cloudy/partly sunny then completely cloudy at night. Then on Tuesday we had severe thunderstorm warnings with gale force winds which, thankfully, never materialized over WDW. Then on Wednesday and Thursday it was wonderful... sunny and pleasant with low humidity.

THEN it got cold (for Florida). Sunny and a high of 60 degrees on Friday and then cold, cloudy and W I N D Y on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday there were small (tiny really) white cap waves on the lake at the World Showcase. THAT was different.......

What I learned from all of this is that all weather is local.... and the forecast you get on TV and on the internet/phones is NOT. We spent Tuesday waiting for the weather Apocalypse to descend upon us and it never arrived. We should have gone to the parks!

When they talk about the weather in Orlando they mean a large swath that goes coast to coast and is about 1/5 the length of Florida. I'm sure a weather Apocalypse happened somewhere but not in WDW.

I am not going to pay any attention to the forecast and I'm just going to go to the parks and deal with it there.

This concludes your WDW weather lesson for the day.

~NM
PS. It was hysterical watching the Floridians turn blue when it hit 60. I saw people wearing full length puffy down coats that looked like they were encased in sleeping bags. This was right next to some Canadians wearing speedos and working on their tans.
Ahem!!!!! Our men do not wear speedos!

Old 03-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #559
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Ahem!!!!! Our men do not wear speedos!
That's not what JanetMom tells me.... She says her guys were them all the time, any chance they get. I thought it was a Canadian thing, you know, Poutine, Loonies, Mounties and Speedos....

As for the cab fare it never cost us more than $21.00 (US, not Canadian Loonies) to take a cab on our last two trips, and that's with a tip (anywhere from $2 to $2.50)

We are cheap but we are coming to terms with the fact that it's really a good idea to take a cab if you are going from resort to resort or BACK from Downtown Disney from the BC/YC.

For dinner at a Magic Kingdom resort area hotel we would leave early and take the bus to MK (then take Disney transportation/hoof it to the hotel) but on the way back, if we weren't going to the parks and it was anywhere near the time where a lot of people were leaving MK, we would not hesitate to take the cab back to our resort.

Definitely budget for this if you are headed to another resort, as it is well worth it. We even saved ourselves some much needed rest time by taking a cab directly to the POLY for a dinner instead of leaving an hour in advance to take the bus to MK then the monorail to poly. It took 20 minutes from BC pick up to the lobby of the Poly and we felt well rested and ready to enjoy O'Hanna when we got there.

~NM

PS. Thanks to everyone for all the TR lovin!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #560
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Just got back home from my 9 year old son's birthday party. I successfully wrangled 15 kids in a dark movie theater and didn't lose any of them. Can I have a sunken treasure on the beach right now?

Old 03-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #561
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's not what JanetMom tells me.... She says her guys were them all the time, any chance they get. I thought it was a Canadian thing, you know, Poutine, Loonies, Mounties and Speedos....
I'm calling bull on this one. As Sue said, our men do not wear speedos.

(Where is the shudder emoticon when you need it?)

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 03-10-2013, 01:04 AM   #562
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nope, no picture on page 1- thanks for checking.

I looked in my collections of photos and I don't have one either! I have used the area in question and if IIRC, it was very nice.

I will be very disappointed if none of the folks here have a picture of that bathroom- we may lose our "You guys take pictures of EVERYTHING!" cred.

That being said, who is going soon and is willing to take on this mission???

Only women need apply! (You don't want a photos of the mens room also, do you? Or do you?
THANKS to Natebenma, DannysMom, & Hunclemarco for the offering of public restroom pics ! You guys are the best !
eternally grateful

Old 03-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #563
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
Tomorrow I move to the Beach Club!! Today, we ended up doing all four parks! It was very exhausting but it was so fun! This is my 8th trip and I had never been to two parks in one day since we never bought hoppers. Today, we did our APs justice!
Today I go back to work at the Beach Club after an exhausting and fun visit with Jeanne and Princess Lily. Hope to see you!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #564
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
Question: How big is the Yacht/ Beach club complex, really? About how long would it take for an average person to walk from end to end? I keep seeing posts about how the Beach Club is better because it's closer to Epcot, or closer to the BC Marketplace (which are obviously true but it is a significant difference, or more of a "I'm walking so much around the parks, I don't want to take any extra steps at the resort" kind of difference?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Looking at a satellite map of the area, it's about twice as far depending on where within each resort you are. I'd guess it's roughly equivelent to the difference in starting at Spaceship Earth and walking to Mission Space vs. to the Mexico Pavilion.
I love this question and the answer!

Heretofore, all distances will now be given in terms of relationships between Disney attractions!!!

The differences in distances between the YC/BC and EP/HS are insignificant- no more than 5 minutes in either direction- much like the walk-on time for Journey to Imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Hi, it was suggested by another DIS'er that I post here.

This is probably THE oddest question I've posted in all my years on the DIS. We just did a wedding tour with my daughter and her fiance on March 5. The Beach Club is one of the reception venues we are looking at. Does anyone have a picture of the public restrooms off the lobby---over by Ariel's by any chance ? I know there has to be others like me that take pics of bathrooms and such while on vacation ? This would be the bathroom our wedding guests would use and just want to have a photo of it if possible.
Thank you for whoever might have taken a photo. I do have several public bathroom pics of resorts but not from the BC and I've been there twice since December !
PS: I did check the photo and links on page 1 and did not see a bathroom pic. Maybe even someone who is there now could take a pic for me ?? Please
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
I will be at BCV from 3/20-3/27 I'm sure I could swing by for a photo mission. I could even con DH into taking a men's room pic (as long as it is empty!). If no photos surface before my trip, maybe Dee you could PM either a cell phone # or email address to either text or send you some pics to post.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
I was going to mention before I left that I'd take any pictures you may want for this thread. We're arriving April 19. I'll let my wife take pics of the ladies room ...that is if someone else hasn't done it yet. So, get a list together and we'll do the best we can

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
THANKS to Natebenma, DannysMom, & Hunclemarco for the offering of public restroom pics ! You guys are the best !
eternally grateful
Once again, love the question and I would also like to thank DannysMom and Hunclemarco for offering to take on this assignment.

My official forum email is beachclubdee@yahoo.com You can use that as for the moment by PM box floweth over. DannysMom- if you want to email me there, I'll reply back with my cell number. Either method will work to contact me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Today I go back to work at the Beach Club after an exhausting and fun visit with Jeanne and Princess Lily. Hope to see you!
Have a great day!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #565
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janpluto View Post
My family of 6 will be staying at the Beach Club Villas from August 24-31st for the first time. We have always stayed previously at the Boardwalk Villas so I personally am excited about staying hee. We are going with my in-laws who have never, ever been to Disney before since they were never interested in vacationing there. They are getting more and more excited about going now due to my 2 children. Would you be able to add us to the "Be Our Guest List"?

I'll be glad to add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Have fun showing your in-laws the lay of the lands!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #566
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Making sure we didn't lose anyone in "Time Warp" last night.

Please check the Be Our Guest list to make sure your information is listed correctly. I did!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Old 03-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #567
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
Tomorrow I move to the Beach Club!! Today, we ended up doing all four parks! It was very exhausting but it was so fun! This is my 8th trip and I had never been to two parks in one day since we never bought hoppers. Today, we did our APs justice!
GraceMonica,

Hope your TWENTY FIRST birthdayis AWESOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Have a great day back!!

~Nannette
Old 03-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #568
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Got up early to make my ADR'S this morning. Talk about frustrating. No matter how many times I logged off and on, the system would not work. I kept getting error screens or a message saying that they were unable to make reservations at this time. Finally at 7am I called the dining line which I didn't want to do and held on for awhile, at the same time still trying to use the website. Betsy, the CM, made all of my reservations in a reasonable amount of time, and I still was not able to make the website work for me. I'm actually glad that I called in. For the happy news here is what I got:

'Ohana - dinner
Cape May Cafe - dinner
Biergarten - lunch
Via Napoli - dinner
Coral Reef - lunch
Sci-Fi - dinner
50'S Primetime - lunch
Captain's Grille - breakfast
The Plaza - lunch

Now I just have to wait for September to get here so I can begin my Beach Club vacation!

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 03-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #569
Debrn
Mouseketeer

So we are just leaving today!!
We ended up staying an extra 5 nights swan & dolphin, and our last night at CSR. I will post on all 5 hotels when I'm back. Late flight tonight
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 03-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #570
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
So we are just leaving today!!
We ended up staying an extra 5 nights swan & dolphin, and our last night at CSR. I will post on all 5 hotels when I'm back. Late flight tonight
Have a great trip! I can't wait to hear how everything went.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: