Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 05:08 AM   #541
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Has anyone here stayed in the club level? How was it? I'd love any details you have to offer.
In addition to the couple of links I posted above, I forgot to direct you to the Club Level Post from Page 1.

Lots of info and pictures there. Part of that post is a link to a Concierge/Club level forum which is devoted exclusively to Disney Club Level discussion.

Post 12: Club Level Info

Happy Reading!

Oh, and I suppose I could add my own experiences- my two stays at the BC were at club level. LOVED IT!!!

The best part for us is the breakfast, great selection of delicious foods. Just what we need at 7 am, to get us to whatever park is opening early that day. Then we are ready for an early lunch around 11, beating the crowds.

We have only been around for the evening appetizers a few times, but we enjoyed everything we tried.

Most nights, before returning to our room, we would stop in for a sweet treat or two before bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Hi, it was suggested by another DIS'er that I post here.

This is probably THE oddest question I've posted in all my years on the DIS. We just did a wedding tour with my daughter and her fiance on March 5. The Beach Club is one of the reception venues we are looking at. Does anyone have a picture of the public restrooms off the lobby---over by Ariel's by any chance ? I know there has to be others like me that take pics of bathrooms and such while on vacation ? This would be the bathroom our wedding guests would use and just want to have a photo of it if possible.
Thank you for whoever might have taken a photo. I do have several public bathroom pics of resorts but not from the BC and I've been there twice since December !
PS: I did check the photo and links on page 1 and did not see a bathroom pic. Maybe even someone who is there now could take a pic for me ?? Please
Nope, no picture on page 1- thanks for checking.

I looked in my collections of photos and I don't have one either! I have used the area in question and if IIRC, it was very nice.

I will be very disappointed if none of the folks here have a picture of that bathroom- we may lose our "You guys take pictures of EVERYTHING!" cred.

That being said, who is going soon and is willing to take on this mission???

Only women need apply! (You don't want a photos of the mens room also, do you? Or do you?)
Old 03-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #542
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

I looked in my collections of photos and I don't have one either! I have used the area in question and if IIRC, it was very nice.

I will be very disappointed if none of the folks here have a picture of that bathroom- we may lose our "You guys take pictures of EVERYTHING!" cred.

That being said, who is going soon and is willing to take on this mission???

Only women need apply! (You don't want a photos of the mens room also, do you? Or do you?)
I will be at BCV from 3/20-3/27 I'm sure I could swing by for a photo mission. I could even con DH into taking a men's room pic (as long as it is empty!). If no photos surface before my trip, maybe Dee you could PM either a cell phone # or email address to either text or send you some pics to post.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #543
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

I was going to mention before I left that I'd take any pictures you may want for this thread. We're arriving April 19. I'll let my wife take pics of the ladies room ...that is if someone else hasn't done it yet. So, get a list together and we'll do the best we can

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Old 03-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #544
rusty4
DIS Veteran

I just have to say I am jealous of everyone with an upcoming BC stay!
It will probably be 2015 until we are back again.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #545
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="natebenma"]

In addition to the couple of links I posted above, I forgot to direct you to the Club Level Post from Page 1.

Lots of info and pictures there. Part of that post is a link to a Concierge/Club level forum which is devoted exclusively to Disney Club Level

Oh, and I suppose I could add my own experiences- my two stays at the BC were at club level. LOVED IT!!!

The best part for us is the breakfast, great selection of delicious foods. Just what we need at 7 am, to get us to whatever park is opening early that day. Then we are ready for an early lunch around 11, beating the crowds.

We have only been around for the evening appetizers a few times, but we enjoyed everything we tried.

Most nights, before returning to our room, we would stop in for a sweet treat or two before bed.

This was an awesome read. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #546
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Can someone help me craft a standard room request? I am unable to book garden view, our preference. I realize that we will be looking out over the front of BC or the roof but wondered if anyone had a "nicer" room and, if so, can you tell me what area of the building it was in. We prefer the Epcot side of the BC (our favorite rooms are the last wing after the quiet pool overlooking the woods, BCV and a sliver of SE) but I am sure those have a garden designation now. But I was thinking that wing closer to BCV might have some less...car-filled options with standard view. Is that a bad assumption? Also, higher floor might mean a more expansive view? I miss DisneyZone's resort room map!

Thank you for any thoughts. I wish I could upgrade this trip but it just isn't possible both in availability and budget (we stayed in a deluxe room last time, ah those were the days of 40% pins!). But at least we get to stay at BC at all!

ETA: Also, has anyone had a standard room with a full balcony? Looks like the percentage of standard rooms with full balconies is even lower than other view categories.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04

Last edited by jenjersnap; 03-09-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #547
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday, YC/BC fans!

Love the report, Ninja Mom!

Dee, we've discussed your summer plans, but I wanted to add a for you here on the boards, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
We have done both with and without CL. We consider CL just icing on the cake. Cake is good without icing. Even better with it (sometime!).
I entirely agree with Mickey T regarding CL! A few additional thoughts:

1) We are a family of five, and when we look at it from a $$ perspective, it works out VERY well. But that's because we're in the lounge for breakfast nearly every day of the stay, and we take an afternoon/early evening break each day so we're there for evening appetizers. When you add up the cost of breakfast for five, healthy snacks, sodas, wine, juice, beer, and then coffee and dessert - it's a good value for us with boys ages 6, 12 and 13 who eat a ton. But the convenience factor throws it over the top. We have two TS per day, so we have lots of opportunities to eat together. For breakfast, it's nice for my husband to get our slower eaters going earlier and each of us just joins them when we're ready. A very nice start to each day! The extra space of the lounge is wonderful and we get far fewer snack/dessert requests from our boys in the park because they like to see what the lounge will produce each day.

2) We've stayed CL and non-CL at BC and non-CL only at YC. BC/YC are among the few WDW resorts that we'll return to with or without CL. We find CL is really important to us at resorts like BWI and CR. But at BC/YC, it's great either way. In part, that's because we find BC Marketplace very convenient and very non-chaotic for a resort CS. (And those of you who have read my posts in the past know that my husband is anti-CS, so that means a lot coming from us!) Beaches N' Cream offers fun evening desserts and BC/YC just feels welcoming, whether we're going up to the CL floor or not.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 03-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #548
janpluto
Mouseketeer

My family of 6 will be staying at the Beach Club Villas from August 24-31st for the first time. We have always stayed previously at the Boardwalk Villas so I personally am excited about staying hee. We are going with my in-laws who have never, ever been to Disney before since they were never interested in vacationing there. They are getting more and more excited about going now due to my 2 children. Would you be able to add us to the "Be Our Guest List"?
Old 03-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #549
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
I'm very excited to be making this post......
...drumroll please....

We'll be at YACHT CLUB for our last 3 nights in a standard, GV room. Dee? Please add us to the list!

Gosh, this trip was a 10 to begin with...it just skyrocketed to about a 14!

Just wanted to share my good news!
Congrats and have fun! It is always awesome to be able to enjoy YC/BC and SAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Duly noted!

For those of you who have a beef with this picture too bad!!!

I'll use it when it is time to MOOOOOOVVVE and remind everyone they better Hoof It if they want to get there in time.

I truly could do this until the cows come home, but I think I have milked it long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janpluto View Post
My family of 6 will be staying at the Beach Club Villas from August 24-31st for the first time. We have always stayed previously at the Boardwalk Villas so I personally am excited about staying hee. We are going with my in-laws who have never, ever been to Disney before since they were never interested in vacationing there. They are getting more and more excited about going now due to my 2 children. Would you be able to add us to the "Be Our Guest List"?
You will love BC and Storm Along Bay. You may find you never return to BWI

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 03-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #550
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Anyone know how much for a cab from CR back to BC? Considering the pirate and pals cruise one night. Tia!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
Old 03-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #551
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
Can someone help me craft a standard room request? I am unable to book garden view, our preference. I realize that we will be looking out over the front of BC or the roof but wondered if anyone had a "nicer" room and, if so, can you tell me what area of the building it was in. We prefer the Epcot side of the BC (our favorite rooms are the last wing after the quiet pool overlooking the woods, BCV and a sliver of SE) but I am sure those have a garden designation now. But I was thinking that wing closer to BCV might have some less...car-filled options with standard view. Is that a bad assumption? Also, higher floor might mean a more expansive view? I miss DisneyZone's resort room map!

Thank you for any thoughts. I wish I could upgrade this trip but it just isn't possible both in availability and budget (we stayed in a deluxe room last time, ah those were the days of 40% pins!). But at least we get to stay at BC at all!

ETA: Also, has anyone had a standard room with a full balcony? Looks like the percentage of standard rooms with full balconies is even lower than other view categories.
I agree that your best option might be a higher floor. We had a standard view that looked over a flat roof on the parking lot side. It wasn't too bad of a view, since the parking lot was in the distance and mostly behind the trees. But I think I would have liked it better if it was on a higher floor, so we weren't just above the flat roof.

We also had a room that faced the BCV's, right above the sidewalk leading from the BC to the villas. It wasn't a bad view. I kind of liked watching the people go by. Although I'm not entirely sure if that was a standard or garden view.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 03-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #552
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I agree that your best option might be a higher floor. We had a standard view that looked over a flat roof on the parking lot side. It wasn't too bad of a view, since the parking lot was in the distance and mostly behind the trees. But I think I would have liked it better if it was on a higher floor, so we weren't just above the flat roof.

We also had a room that faced the BCV's, right above the sidewalk leading from the BC to the villas. It wasn't a bad view. I kind of liked watching the people go by. Although I'm not entirely sure if that was a standard or garden view.
Thanks for answering, Wood Nymph! This is what I needed to hear, reassurance that even parking lot views have a tree buffer! Was the room near BCV above the BC store, by chance? I think I have figured out by looking at 100s of pictures this afternoon (we are snowed in ) that the row of rooms above the store on the 4th floor have both balconies and ok views of trees, solarium roof and walkways with parking beyond. I know not to list room numbers on a request, of course, but trying to phrase it in a way that points to that area, LOL!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 03-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #553
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
Anyone know how much for a cab from CR back to BC? Considering the pirate and pals cruise one night. Tia!
Quick checkin tonight. Still have to welcome a few people and update the BOG list.

I think around $15 plus tip. There is a taxi fare estimator in the first post in this thread, with the transportation information.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #554
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Tomorrow I move to the Beach Club!! Today, we ended up doing all four parks! It was very exhausting but it was so fun! This is my 8th trip and I had never been to two parks in one day since we never bought hoppers. Today, we did our APs justice!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #555
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
It was more like MooOOOOOoooooOOOOOOoooooooooO !

Sounds like me talking to the daughter, MoooooOOOOooove!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: