Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #511
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post
My BFF and I will be at YC Oct 25-29 for F&W. It will be our first time for YC and our first time for F&W. We are so excited! I was at AKL in February and booked a bounceback offer for YC.

I've been enjoying reading this thread--the photos are so beautiful. I cannot wait to try out Stormalong Bay!

You will love the Yacht Club for the Food & Wine fest!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures. Well, except maybe for the one right before your post. Although, I saw your DH's nickname, so maybe it's all good!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #512
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Hey all! I'm less than an hour away from Disney!!! I'm so excited! First stop is POP and then Sunday I'll be at the beach club!

We were planning on stopping and staying in a hotel overnight...but we were all too excited so we drove through the night!

Yesterday I stretched a back muscle and could hardly move....after 16 hours with an icy hot patch on, I'm almost back to normal! Also, my cold isn't as strong as I thought it was going to be!

Everything seems to be falling into place! We should get to Disney by 10:30 and if we hit traffic, then maybe closer to 12! We still don't know what we're going to do first! I can't start drinking until Sunday, so maybe I'll start snacking on stuff!

Me: DH:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #513
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
Hey all! I'm less than an hour away from Disney!!! I'm so excited! First stop is POP and then Sunday I'll be at the beach club!

We were planning on stopping and staying in a hotel overnight...but we were all too excited so we drove through the night!

Yesterday I stretched a back muscle and could hardly move....after 16 hours with an icy hot patch on, I'm almost back to normal! Also, my cold isn't as strong as I thought it was going to be!

Everything seems to be falling into place! We should get to Disney by 10:30 and if we hit traffic, then maybe closer to 12! We still don't know what we're going to do first! I can't start drinking until Sunday, so maybe I'll start snacking on stuff!

Have a Mickey bar for me!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #514
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

You will love the Yacht Club for the Food & Wine fest!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures. Well, except maybe for the one right before your post. Although, I saw your DH's nickname, so maybe it's all good!
Thank you! We are so excited to be able to WALK to Epcot!!!! And yes, my DH is a dairy farmer--loved that moooooooo photo. Although it would be better if it was a Holstein....
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

Old 03-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #515
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica

I've heard the lobster and shrimp roll from HH is a must do if you like seafood Happy Dance for you!! I probably would have driven through the night too!!!

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 03-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #516
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl

Thank you! We are so excited to be able to WALK to Epcot!!!! And yes, my DH is a dairy farmer--loved that moooooooo photo. Although it would be better if it was a Holstein....
Amen for the Holsteins!!! Being from WI, I love my cows!! Interestingly enough, where I live now, not a lot of cows and my DD (7) may have had a brain fart the other day when she was looking at the cover of her library book and couldn't remember what the name of the animal was that says, "moo." Oh my!!!

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 03-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #517
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hope you have a great vacation!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #518
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Question: How big is the Yacht/ Beach club complex, really? About how long would it take for an average person to walk from end to end? I keep seeing posts about how the Beach Club is better because it's closer to Epcot, or closer to the BC Marketplace (which are obviously true but it is a significant difference, or more of a "I'm walking so much around the parks, I don't want to take any extra steps at the resort" kind of difference?)
Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #519
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
Question: How big is the Yacht/ Beach club complex, really? About how long would it take for an average person to walk from end to end? I keep seeing posts about how the Beach Club is better because it's closer to Epcot, or closer to the BC Marketplace (which are obviously true but it is a significant difference, or more of a "I'm walking so much around the parks, I don't want to take any extra steps at the resort" kind of difference?)
Looking at a satellite map of the area, it's about twice as far depending on where within each resort you are. I'd guess it's roughly equivelent to the difference in starting at Spaceship Earth and walking to Mission Space vs. to the Mexico Pavilion.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #520
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Have an amazing time! Glad to hear everything falling into place.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #521
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
It was more like MooOOOOOoooooOOOOOOoooooooooO !

LOL Thanks for clarifying

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #522
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

I'm very excited to be making this post......

For months now we've been booked at POR from 4/12-4/21. After a 2nd great stay at BWI and an amazing first stay at BC last August, I was disappointed to not be able to stay somewhere on the Epcot loop again. Now dont' get me wrong, I'm thrilled to be in WDW in the first place and am excited to be there with my DP and his family (brother, sister-in-law and 9 year-old nephew). I'm truly blessed.

Now...that said....

I was scanning the AP rates and noticing that the room we're booked in at POR, truly isn't much cheaper than a deluxe stay, so I started looking at WL, but alas, they only have very expensive rooms left available. As an alternate offer, the website offered me a very reasonably priced room at YC, but DP and I really wanted to do BC, but BC also for our time frame only had very expensive availability. It took some coaxing....ok and some wine , but I worked my magic on DP...and now...drumroll please....

We'll be at YACHT CLUB for our last 3 nights in a standard, GV room. Dee? Please add us to the list!

DP's family leaves early Friday morning, and we'll get to have a nice Epcot dinner with them on Thursday night, say our good-byes, and then we'll have YC and the Flower/Garden show to ourselves until Sunday night.

Gosh, this trip was a 10 to begin with...it just skyrocketed to about a 14!

Teena..we'll be seeing you in about 5 1/2 weeks!

Just wanted to share my good news!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #523
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom

Hmm... I only have one restraining order out against a freaky dis boards stalker but we are part of an FBI family, so my husband says not to worry until we get up to 2 or 3 stalkers.

We might yet get back to BC this year. It's a long shot though. I'm still waiting to hear about the plan from somebody else.....

Yes, yes you ARE twice as good as me but I am the better knitter. My Latvian mittens are famous for their fine quality all over Latvia! I understand that YOUR Latvian Mittens were not so well received and were roundly panned by the critics. Don't worry, you'll get better. You just have to remember that it's 4 fingers and one thumb instead of the other way around.

~NM
I promise to be a great stalker so no need to involve family ties :-) I will even market your Latvian mittens. I mean clearly you are onto something and since your only competition is having slight trouble with pesky fingers and thumbs, I think you have it in the bag.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #524
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

We are traveling to the YC in Dec with DH, DD and her boyfriend. I have already told DD and BF the times that I want to leave for breakfasts and that if she isn't up and ready that we will meet them at the park.
I don't want to have to deal with the drama of why we have to be there so early for rope drop.

I will repeat this message often over the next several months!!!!

Ninja Mom loved you report!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #525
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
NM: this was quite a scary site at 5:45 a.m., with only 1/2 a cup of coffee in my system!!!!

Just scrolling along....and BAM....right in my face!!!
I have been accused of a lot of things and now I can add "Scroll by Mooing" to my list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post

GO GIRL!!! Carrying that refillable mug around is going to 'serve' you well! Have a great trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post
OMG!! this had me

I can just hear the malcontents now "cow'-plaining about the cow pictures when, really, we are only telling people where they get all the milk for the ice cream served at Beaches and Cream!

PS. This is obviously a "French" cow... 'cow'rect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
I'm very excited to be making this post......

For months now we've been booked at POR from 4/12-4/21. After a 2nd great stay at BWI and an amazing first stay at BC last August, I was disappointed to not be able to stay somewhere on the Epcot loop again. Now dont' get me wrong, I'm thrilled to be in WDW in the first place and am excited to be there with my DP and his family (brother, sister-in-law and 9 year-old nephew). I'm truly blessed.

Now...that said....

I was scanning the AP rates and noticing that the room we're booked in at POR, truly isn't much cheaper than a deluxe stay, so I started looking at WL, but alas, they only have very expensive rooms left available. As an alternate offer, the website offered me a very reasonably priced room at YC, but DP and I really wanted to do BC, but BC also for our time frame only had very expensive availability. It took some coaxing....ok and some wine , but I worked my magic on DP...and now...drumroll please....

We'll be at YACHT CLUB for our last 3 nights in a standard, GV room. Dee? Please add us to the list!

DP's family leaves early Friday morning, and we'll get to have a nice Epcot dinner with them on Thursday night, say our good-byes, and then we'll have YC and the Flower/Garden show to ourselves until Sunday night.

Gosh, this trip was a 10 to begin with...it just skyrocketed to about a 14!

Teena..we'll be seeing you in about 5 1/2 weeks!

Just wanted to share my good news!
I knew you could do it! Good going!! And let this be a warning to the rest of us!... This resort finds a place in your heart. It is irresistible and you will be compelled to keep finding ways to come back. We weren't even staying there this last trip and we found ourselves back there TWICE this last trip!

~NM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: