Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #436
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
Dee

Would u mind listing the other threads that you are involved in. I would like to subscribe to them. There is so much useful information here I want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything else. (I'm a member of over planer anonymous)

Thanks so much !!!
Why, thank you!

This is the main thread that I am involved with.

The other ones I have started for The Marketplace or View Thread for the Yacht & Beach Club Rooms or the Deluxe Room threads are all connected to the Yacht & Beach Club, and they are all linked in various places on page 1. They are mostly placeholders for information and pictures, but are not "active" threads with much discussion.

Beach Club Marketplace Photo and Information Thread

Beach Club Marketplace Photo and Information Thread updated October 2012

Here is a link to over 20 photos taken by Cinderumbrella in June 2011:
Fittings and Fairings

Beach Club Deluxe, Suites, VP and Presidential Rooms

Yacht Club Deluxe, Suites, Vice Presidential and Presidential Rooms

I started up two View Threads in the Resort Photo Subforum:

Beach Club Room Views

Yacht Club Room Views

Here are a few excellent threads about SAB and the Jib Slide:

SAB Photos, Pixarmom August 2011 and January 2013

More SAB pictures, by Pixeldust October 2012

How do I get from the Jib Slide exit to the entrance of the slide? by pixarmom

I do have some pictures in the All Star Movies picture thread from my stay in June on my son's class trip.

The little devil on my shoulder has not won out and I have not become overly involved in any of the Universal Resort threads (we stayed at Portofino and are trying out the Hard Rock in July).

I write fairly detailed trip reports, which are linked in my signature.

"Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail" details the class trip in June 2012 (All Star Movies)

Welcome Foolish Muggles" is about our July 2011 trip to Universal/IoA/Sea World with a one day visit to Magic Kingdom. Lots of great tips for people planning a trip to the Dark Side, if I do say so myself! I have also included reports of trips to Puerto Rico, Atlantis and now Mexico at the end of that report.

My last true Disney family trip report was "Third Annual we are NEVER going to Disney in the summer again" - tounge in cheek covering our 2009/2010 trips (Beach Club stays)

That should be enough to keep you busy for a little bit!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #437
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7

I never knew that either! I always thought it was from check in.

You remind me so much of myself - always chomping at the bit to book a trip!
You know me too well.........
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #438
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc

Thanks for this...I didn't know if I had to channel my inner evil twin in order to stay there.
This actually made me laugh out loud!! Thanks!!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #439
biggroofy
DIS Veteran

Staying @YC club level next week. Bought some gifts from eBay for my DD5 birthday surprise. Can I ship to Yacht Club? If yes what is the address? Thx
Old 03-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #440
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
I'm Baaaack!

Tease!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
I leave for Disney on Thursday and it's supposed to snow! I'm getting very nervous at this point and I'm praying that its all hype and we'll get nothing but rain! Sunday I'll be newly 21 and at the beach club. I've been waiting for this for so long!
GraceMonica have a great 21st birthday !!! My DD celebrated her 21st birthday in Disney World too!! Her and I sat out by the water at POR at midnight with glasses and a bottle of Asti... her in her light up Disney birthday hat and me crying as she turned 21 and had her FIRST legal drink with me!! Everyone was so nice singing to her and wishing her a happy 21st!! Truly a great memory!! Drive safe and have a great time!!

~Nannette
Old 03-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #441
fici
Earning My Ears

Overbooking at BC?

Have been reading about overbooking at BC. Is this something that happens often?? We have 3 rooms booked from 4/11 through 4/17 and our family enjoy being together. Actually we have requested connecting room for the 2 that have the grandkids. Ours is separate and after a busy day we like that. May I hope with some certainty that none of our rooms will be bumped to another hotel? I do so want to be polite if this happens but you know how that would go.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #442
Kimi313
DIS Veteran

This year I hope of going to DW will have to be in August, yes its hot and humid but with DD22 and her BF college/co-op schedule this is our only hope. Anyway just went and tried to price a Garden View at BC and was shocked they do not have any available! Is this normal for the BC during this time of years? More info is they don't have any standard rooms available either and the same for YC, no standard or garden.
Hilton '92, Cont '93, Cont '94, POR '95, Poly Lag '96, Cont Tower '97, Off Site '97,Cont Tower '98, WL '99, Poly '00, Poly '00, ASSp '01, Cont '01, Poly '02, GF '03, Cont Tow '04, WL '05, Poly '06, ASMo '07 Poly '07, ASMo '08, Poly '10, Ft Wilderness '11, Beach Club '12, Beach Club NYE, Cont Tow '13, Cont Tow '14

Old 03-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #443
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat
Thanks all for answering my question re: how crowded the pool gets in June. Sounds doable.

Yep, we went to the Poly once during Spring Break and the pool was insane. Hoping to avoid that level of madness. Maybe we'll see you at SAB.
Probably! We love our resort/pool time!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 03-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #444
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4

Oh I feel so bad for you, not We are up here in Holland and ahhhhh, thankfully, we aren't getting anything this time around, no lake effect for us!!! Enjoy your snow day!! I've predicted that we will be getting no more snow!!! Even my neighbor who plows snow, took the plow off his truck I like your thinking though, daydreaming while the snow is falling, happy daydreaming!!!
I have great childhood memories of Holland, MI!!!! I miss stopping by the Wooden Shoe Factory! Back to day dreaming about WDW!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #445
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fici
Have been reading about overbooking at BC. Is this something that happens often??
Does it ever happen, yes. Does it happen often, no. 99% of the time a guest would get moved is if the resort is at capacity and there's a maintenance issue that takes a block of rooms out of service.

Where have you been reading this?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #446
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday

I have great childhood memories of Holland, MI!!!! I miss stopping by the Wooden Shoe Factory! Back to day dreaming about WDW!
And it is still there!! I'm originally from WI, but have lived here for almost 15 years!! My DD (7) was at a birthday party today and the girls all got leis and my DD(7) put hers on her head like she did at Ohana and then was doing the same for all the other little girls!! Got my Disney memory for the day

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 03-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #447
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggroofy View Post
Staying @YC club level next week. Bought some gifts from eBay for my DD5 birthday surprise. Can I ship to Yacht Club? If yes what is the address? Thx

I'll put you on the Be Our Guest list for next week. Hope you have a fantastic trip!

Yes, you can ship items to the Yacht Club. Here is the info from Page 1 of this thread (Other Useful Info):

Can I ship a package to Beach Club or Yacht Club for my stay?

If you ship a package to the resort, Mail by United States Postal Service, not anything else!!! If you mail other than USPS, your items will be shipped to the convention center and the shipping department will charge the recipient a handling charge, based on the weight of your package.

Disney's Beach Club Resort (or Disney's Beach Club Villas)
1800 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

or

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
1700 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)
Old 03-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #448
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Trying to coordinate DS5 pirate cruise, DH fishing excursion, and then I will take DS3 to Hollywood and Vine character meal. What time of day is the pirate cruise? I found the info for the fishing excursion. Thanks!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
Old 03-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #449
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
Trying to coordinate DS5 pirate cruise, DH fishing excursion, and then I will take DS3 to Hollywood and Vine character meal. What time of day is the pirate cruise? I found the info for the fishing excursion. Thanks!
It's at 9:30 am, and you need to be at the marina by 9:15. It looks like fun! I signed my kids up for it, too.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #450
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl
Here's what my reservation confirmation says:

9:30 AM
Albatross Cruise
Bayside Marina at Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Party of: 2
Parent or Guardian must sign a waiver for child's participation. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to excursion. Please cancel at least 24 hours prior in order to avoid a penalty of the full amount of the cruise. This is a children only event. Available to children 4 - 10 years of age. All children must be fully potty trained. The cruise may be canceled due to inclement weather.

It's in my itinerary now through IPO, but when I scheduled it I called the Yacht Club directly. It was easy. Then they sent me the confirmation email with the above information (with date & booking #).

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: