Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #3526
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Hi does anyone have the fax number for yatch club to fax in room requests? Also is 5 days prior to arrival a good time to do this? Thanks!
As Dee replied earlier, it will do you no good to fax any room requests. POR and POFQ are the only resorts that still even read faxed room requests. All the others get tossed. It's best to call and have any requests added to your reservation.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #3527
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Thanks for posting the links to these! The BC video felt so familiar! I'm sure, after July, the YC one will feels just as familiar. I'm such a geek....I yelled out, "There's Teena!" while watching!

Am I the only person who was picking out the windows/balconies of the rooms they've stayed in previously?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Yup. I was looking for our window & balcony too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaninou View Post
Finally the time has come

Leaving to Orlando on Thursday
And we'll be staying at the Beach Club from 17th until 24th

Hope to see some of you there

I will be with my DH and my DS, we'll be celebrating my bday there (19th) but also my DH and DS bdays and our wedding anniversary
Counting the hours

Yay!! Almost there!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #3528
jemh628
Mouseketeer

So my vacation panic has set in. Three days until our first stay at BC and my OCD is in full effect with a healthy dose of anxiety. NO ME tags yet although Pat from ME assures me they will be here via UPS. One PTO meeting, Two soccer practices and two doctors appointments between now and arrival but I keep repeating I will be in Disney, I will be in Disney.

I read the first page but would like to confirm something about the coffee situation...

Room machines have filter packs of coffee grounds that are nescafe.
BC Marketplace serves Nescafe ( changeover has not happened)
Ale & Compass has real coffee in the mornings.
Boardwalk bakery is serving???

DH just called to ask if I bought the Starbucks VIA we used during our last trip and I told him no becuase I did not think we needed it but now I realized the changeover may have not happened and we do.

Any insight my dear BC/YC friends
Old 05-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #3529
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Finally the time has come

Leaving to Orlando on Thursday
And we'll be staying at the Beach Club from 17th until 24th

Hope to see some of you there

I will be with my DH and my DS, we'll be celebrating my bday there (19th) but also my DH and DS bdays and our wedding anniversary
Counting the hours

Okay my brain is apparently addled this week because I read your post and for just a few seconds thought I had lost a week and was freaking out thinking I was wrong and our 17th to the 24th trip was this week and not the next. Wow what a scare.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #3530
Vaninou
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post

Okay my brain is apparently addled this week because I read your post and for just a few seconds thought I had lost a week and was freaking out thinking I was wrong and our 17th to the 24th trip was this week and not the next. Wow what a scare.
:-)
Sorry for the confusion
I'm spending a week doing other parks before going to BCV
:-) see you there
October 83: WDW (Hilton) - July 87: WDW (Hilton) - April 94: DL Paris (New Port Bay Club) - December 95: WDW (Yacht Club) - September 98: DL (Offsite) - May 09: DL Paris (Offsite) - May 10: WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge) - October 10: DL (Offsite) - May 12: WDW (Beach Club Villas) - May 13: WDW (Beach Club Villas) - December 2013: DL Paris (Disneyland Hotel)
Next Trip May 2015 WDW Beach Club Club Level
Old 05-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #3531
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
:-)
Sorry for the confusion
I'm spending a week doing other parks before going to BCV
:-) see you there
Ha ha yeah, I figured that was probably the case. I'm just a little slow today apparently.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #3532
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Dee - tentatively planning our 4th Annual BC/YC Dis Meet for July 6.
Hey Robyn- I'll put something up on the second page (Community Post) about the proposed meet date.

Saturday July 6

Time to get working on Flat Dee 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
We will be there from 6/29-7/7. Can we join the DIS meet too? We are arriving in Orlando on 6/27, but I haven't decided where we're staying yet for the first two days of our trip. I'm leaning heavily towards CSR, business level, just to give that a try. Then on to the BC Club level on 6/29. I have been planning without my family, so this is all a surprise for them. I am a resort changer, so it has taken me MONTHS to decide this and dozens of calls to Disney making changes. I started with the Yacht Club months ago, and have changed to AKL, the Poly, the Contemporary, POR, and now back to Beach Club.
I think we're doing the Wishes Dessert Party together too, on 7/3. I posted to one of your posts on that thread. I promise I'm not a stalker, just excited to see people I "know" will be at the World at the same time.... I think it's just fascinating that I can actually meet people that are on the Boards. And Teena, so excited to meet you too!!
Thought I had quoted your post when I went though earlier today, but apparently not...

Glad you have ended up back at the Yacht & Beach Club!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #3533
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
We are staying at the yacht club again in October. Does anyone know if it's easier to get walk up breakfast reservations at the swan/dolphin. I know last trip if we did not have a breakfast reservation at either kouzzina, captain's grille or cape we wound up skipping it. I did make a couple of breakfast reservations for the week but sometimes we just want to wing it as well.
We LOVE Fresh at the Dolphin! It's located on the first floor past the Fountain!
Wonderful buffet, most things made to order, right in front of your eyes!
Priced right, too!
Takes 7 minutes to walk to Dolphin, work up a nice appetite and walk it off coming back!

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 05-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #3534
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Only a mere 4 days away, filled with a sixth grade chorus concert, three doctors appointments, one hair appointment, car appointment, two 12hr shifts (work) Wednesday/Thursday, a Friday morning Mothers Day Tea with my little forst grader two hours before our flight, (and a partridge in a pear tree...), before "leeaving on a jet plaaanneee".... So the week should fly by. Eek! Did I mention my kitchen looks like four carry-ons threw up and my bedroom a war zone of luggage? Lol

Old 05-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #3535
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
I was looking at the people Teena was talking with and wondering if they were DISers, too.

I was looking at the balconies thinking, will we get one like that?
I was wondering the same thing!

Then my mind shifted to "3 days from now I will be boarding our flight!!!"

On that note, I should really go get some packing/laundry done!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
Old 05-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #3536
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Look at all of us leaving this wee! Hoping to get some crowd updates from our friends who are already there soon!

jemh628 May 9-18 BC
disneymagicgirl May 9-18 (arrival night YC GV, BC WV (5/10-18)
dreamlinda May 11-17 BCV
Eagle Scout May 11-17 BC
Tinkerbellie16 May 11-17 BC
pmdeve May 11-17 BCV
JJ&JSMom May 11-19 BC
medicgirl177 May 11-20 BC GV CL (3 Birthdays and Mothers Day)
BlovesC May 12-15 BC
njprincess601 May 12-17 YC
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
Old 05-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #3537
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Silly question...
Can you still use SAB on the day of checkout?
Old 05-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #3538
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Silly question...
Yes.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #3539
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

I am so excited for all of you leaving this week. We leave on the 17th, but I still have lots to do. Praying my ears clear up. First time I have ever had ear pain with flying was 3 weeks ago (coming home from Nashville)...I thought my ear drum was going to rupture (it ruptured in November). Trying new meds now.

My question is where is everyone eating dinner on your arrival night? I am still up in the air on that one. Our plane arrives at 4:30pm (1:30 California time). I originally had reservations for Cape May, but with the CC guarantee I thought it might be too risky. I then made reservations for Captain's Grille, but I have recently read that they have changed their menu and read poor reviews...so I cancelled that! Ideas?

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 05-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #3540
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Silly question...
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Yes.
That is correct!

You are considered a guest of the Yacht and Beach Club until midnight of your checkout day. You will have access to all features of the resort (SAB, health club with showers, locker room for changing) and the concierge lounge for those staying club level. Bell services can hold any of your stuff that you keep with you. You just won't have a room after checking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
I am so excited for all of you leaving this week. We leave on the 17th, but I still have lots to do. Praying my ears clear up. First time I have ever had ear pain with flying was 3 weeks ago (coming home from Nashville)...I thought my ear drum was going to rupture (it ruptured in November). Trying new meds now.

My question is where is everyone eating dinner on your arrival night? I am still up in the air on that one. Our plane arrives at 4:30pm (1:30 California time). I originally had reservations for Cape May, but with the CC guarantee I thought it might be too risky. I then made reservations for Captain's Grille, but I have recently read that they have changed their menu and read poor reviews...so I cancelled that! Ideas?

Jan
Good luck with your ears!!!

We have stayed at the BC twice, and our arrival dinner was Cape May the first time and Captain's Grille the second. We loved Cape May, but found that we were so tired it was a hassle even getting up for the buffet. We much preferred sitting and being served at Captain's Grille the following year. We enjoyed Cape May more during the week.

Our meal at Captain's Grille was in 2010. We loved it and will be returning again this year.

With the cancelation penalty and buffet vs. sitdown, I would recommend Captain's Grille for you. Or possibly one of the lounges- people have raved about the meals they have had there, so take a moment to check out the menus if that might appeal to you. I think they are on the dining plan for meals if that is an issue.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: