Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #3376
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saquin

They ask for a PIN at online checkin? I just checked in online a few days ago (I arrive this Sunday, May 5) and wasn't asked to choose a pin. I did put a credit card down for charges but I didn't see anywhere to enter a PIN. I guess they'll ask me to choose it at the desk?
When I did online check in at 60 day mark it asked me to pick pins for both DH and myself. Stupid me cannot remember what I chose so I am hoping I will be able to pick new ones.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #3377
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
When I did online check in at 60 day mark it asked me to pick pins for both DH and myself. Stupid me cannot remember what I chose so I am hoping I will be able to pick new ones.
Highly recommend (and maybe we should add this to the first page) that you always pick out your pin when you check-in ... exactly for the reason above.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #3378
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
DEE: Thanks for the May Movie schedule. I always get so excited when my month is posted (July for us this year!!), and make all these elaborate plans of watching the movies, sipping adult beverages.............and we have NEVER been able to stay awake long enough to see them

but guess what....I'm gonna do the same thing as soon as the July Movie list is out!!
You are welcome. We have never seen the movie either- everyone in my family is always exhausted at night. But we are fantasizing that we will be doing late nights and evening extra magic hours at the parks on our July trip. We shall see...

We are starting our trip at the Dark Side, where we will be hitting 7 am openings 3 days in a row, follwed by 8 am EMH rope-drops when we are Disney.

I think we will be lucky if we can stay awake for the 3 pm parade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Hi all!

It's been awhile since I've had a chance to peek on this thread. Teena, glad you had a great cruise and hope you and Bob are on the mend soon.

We are no longer spending 4 nights at BC. We are now spending those 4 night YC CL! Even though I'm bummed not to spend a night at my most favorite place in the World, I'm excited that we get to try a new resort and add one more resort to our "stayed at" list. This also means that our entire trip will be CL as our 4 nights at Poly are also CL!

I don't even know how many days it will be until we are there....probably 75 or so......but I know the time will FLY!

Woo hoo!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Sounds like good news to me! I'll change the guest list. Have a coconut danish for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Highly recommend (and maybe we should add this to the first page) that you always pick out your pin when you check-in ... exactly for the reason above.
Great suggestion!!! I'll do that.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #3379
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

I think we are hardy because my kids were disappointed they closed the pools during the truly frigid December 2010 span of weather! They did manage to get some swimming in on a couple 60 degree times...as long as you stayed in the water, it was fine for us. SAB was surprisingly busy so maybe we aren't totally abnormal.

Speaking of hardy and abnormal, we got 16 inches of snow yesterday. Snow day in May? Yikes, it has me dreaming of a little FL sunshine. 172 days, lol!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 05-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #3380
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Look at that ticker!!! Wow!!!
I have been watching that thing for over a year......Still thinking we could go to WDW for a couple weeks. First time cruisin' makes me nervous. Good nervous but nervous just the same.
And a FYI. We actually leave a couple days earlier than the ticker says. We added the 2 DL days after I made my ticker and I wasn't going to start over with it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post

They did manage to get some swimming in on a couple 60 degree times...as long as you stayed in the water, it was fine for us. SAB was surprisingly busy so maybe we aren't totally abnormal.
We were there....Were these two yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Yep, they will get it from you at the desk. I've been told each person in your party can have a different pin set up for their own individual key. Or all use the same pin.
Hey Teena.....Do you know if this PIN changes each trip (ie. pick a new one) or do you always keep it? Just trying to figure this RFID stuff out.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #3381
CaLuCa
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for posting the activity sheet!! DD10 LOVED her time hanging out at WL pool last year for activities.

Couple of quick questions...
For SAB, do you rent the inner tubes for the lazy river? Any idea how much and how long you get them for?
Can I bring a swim floatie tube for the baby?

We are staying club level (first time...nervous I'll "think" it's worth it, and nervous I won't be able to live without it later!)...our room is SV:
What is the most likely thing I'll see out the window?
Will I get a full balcony?
Since we have 5+ (me, dh, dd10, dd2 ds 2, and 5 month old), I was told we'd have two queens and the day bed. How crowded will it be with the pack and play in the room?

We are driving down and plan to arrive noon to 1ish, depending on how many times we have to stop to feed the baby. Planning on having the swimsuits ready to grab to enjoy the pool while we wait on our room.

Any advice for staying club? Lots of packing to do! Very excited!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #3382
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are starting our trip at the Dark Side
Dee, glad I could find my way back here before you had to start a new thread. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #3383
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
Dee, glad I could find my way back here before you had to start a new thread. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.
back!!! Good to see you again.

I have wondered where you have been!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #3384
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
I have been watching that thing for over a year......Still thinking we could go to WDW for a couple weeks. First time cruisin' makes me nervous. Good nervous but nervous just the same.
And a FYI. We actually leave a couple days earlier than the ticker says. We added the 2 DL days after I made my ticker and I wasn't going to start over with it......
You could make a second ticker, just for DL- the slider on that one will fly since you just have a couple of weeks!

Old 05-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #3385
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Hi all!

It's been awhile since I've had a chance to peek on this thread. Teena, glad you had a great cruise and hope you and Bob are on the mend soon.

We are no longer spending 4 nights at BC. We are now spending those 4 night YC CL! Even though I'm bummed not to spend a night at my most favorite place in the World, I'm excited that we get to try a new resort and add one more resort to our "stayed at" list. This also means that our entire trip will be CL as our 4 nights at Poly are also CL!

I don't even know how many days it will be until we are there....probably 75 or so......but I know the time will FLY!

Woo hoo!

Watch out! The dark side will suck you in never to let go of you!!! I hope you love it as much as I do!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #3386
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post

We were there....Were these two yours?

Even the adorable ducks look like the water is too cold to bother with, LOL. It was colder in FL that week than it was here in Colorado.

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 05-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #3387
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaLuCa View Post
Thank you so much for posting the activity sheet!! DD10 LOVED her time hanging out at WL pool last year for activities.

Couple of quick questions...
For SAB, do you rent the inner tubes for the lazy river? Any idea how much and how long you get them for?
Can I bring a swim floatie tube for the baby?

We are staying club level (first time...nervous I'll "think" it's worth it, and nervous I won't be able to live without it later!)...our room is SV:
What is the most likely thing I'll see out the window?
Will I get a full balcony?
Since we have 5+ (me, dh, dd10, dd2 ds 2, and 5 month old), I was told we'd have two queens and the day bed. How crowded will it be with the pack and play in the room?

We are driving down and plan to arrive noon to 1ish, depending on how many times we have to stop to feed the baby. Planning on having the swimsuits ready to grab to enjoy the pool while we wait on our room.

Any advice for staying club? Lots of packing to do! Very excited!
Yes, you rent the tubes for the lazy river. I believe they are $3 for an hour or $10 for the entire day. Sometimes you can find abandoned ones in the river. You can also use pool noodles (from home or purchased at the resort) in the pool.

I believe the lifeguards are pretty lenient allowing tubes/floats for babies, as long as an adult stays within an arms length of the child. Other than that, outside floats are not allowed.

According to my notes for BC SV CL rooms, there is about a 75 % chance that you will get a room with a full balcony based on the number of rooms that have 2 Queens and a daybed in that category.

Never had a room with a daybed or playpen (or both), so I don't know how crowded it will be.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #3388
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:

Never had a room with a daybed or playpen (or both), so I don't know how crowded it will be.
The crib or pack and play (we have had both) fit neatly between the tv/dresser and the wall where the tall dresser is located, IME. Doesn't seem overly crowded because it is outside of the main pathway through the room. I hope that makes sense.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #3389
Tinkerbell's mama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouskemom View Post
We're headed down to the BC in 9 more days!!!

We have a GV room and when I checked the website last night it seems all categories except for lagoon view and the 2BR suite are sold out. It got me to fantasizing about being upgraded to the 2BR suite.

I know people sometimes get upgraded to lagoon view when other categories are overbooked, but does anyone ever get upgraded to the 2BR suite, or is that room off limits?

We were upgraded to a 2br suite two years ago. We were so surprised all I could do was cry. We were so surprised and very thankful. It was the best pixie dust we have ever gotten. We still talk about it!!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #3390
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Just checked in at YC yesterday. Love our room, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. View is very nice. We reserved a garden view room, and we're overlooking the gazebo. From our balcony we can see the water, and even saw the fireworks over the tops of the trees last night. Shortly after arrival we were sprinkled with some pixie dust. We received a plate of the most delicious chocolate-dipped strawberries I've ever tasted! Everyone is so friendly, and customer service is phenomenal!

So disappointed in the weather, but that's beyond anyone's control. We booked here mainly for SAB, and I don't know if we'll be able to swim at all before we check out on Saturday. Tomorrow was supposed to be our pool day. Hoping for a sudden change in the weather forecast!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: