Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #3346
millie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 107

club guests welcome

Do club level guests at the Beach Club receive a welcome gift in their room like they do at the Poly and AKL?
millie is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #3347
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,761

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie View Post
Do club level guests at the Beach Club receive a welcome gift in their room like they do at the Poly and AKL?
We didn't last Sept & it was our anniversary. Poly always brought a card & chocolate

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #3348
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Ninja Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,055

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Tink View Post
Hello all you YC/BC lovers! I should probably start by telling you all that I've never stayed at YC/BC and it's been 8 years since I've been to WDW! My family and I are currently planning a trip for December 2014. We'll be cruising on the Fantasy the week of Christmas and touring WDW the week prior.

We are starting to toss around ideas on which resort we'd like to stay at. DH and I have previously stayed at Poly, GF, WL and AKL. We are a family of 5 with three DDs who will be 12, 9 and 7 on this trip. Only the 12 and 9 year old have been to WDW before but neither remember anything (the 9 year old was just an infant on our last trip). I'm hoping I'll be able to sway my family to staying at YC/BC for this trip since I've always wanted to. I'm just not sure if I will be able to pry them away from a MK area resort. Help me make my case!

Since SAB is a big draw to staying at YC/BC and my girls would not want to pass it up if we stayed there, what can you tell me about swimming there in December? We are from the Seattle area, so we're not opposed to swimming when it's in the mid 60's as long as the sun is shining.

And what can you tell me about the Christmas season at YC/BC?
Swimming in December is really hit or miss. The first day we did it was sunny and 80 degrees so we spent two hours in the pool as we waited for or room to be ready. On our check out day it was 75 and mostly cloudy but we still went in the pool. We would swim in the different areas of the pool and then jump in the hot tub to really warm up.

I kept telling myself that I was from Finland and this is what it must be like for them in the Scandinavian summer.

When it was time to get out there were plenty of towels available pool side so we were able to dry off and then go to the locker room to get showered and dressed for the plane ride back home.

My boys said it was totally worth it to go swimming in December. You'll hopefully luck out with a day or two of pool weather so I say GO FOR IT!

~NM
__________________
Ninja Mom is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #3349
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Hoping you are feeling better. Flu stinks but sure glad it didn't happen during your upcoming trip.

And take care of Bob. What a way to end a cruise!
Look at that ticker!!! Wow!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaninou View Post
Hello everybody,

Does anyone already have rhe may schedule?

Thanks a lot �� :-)
I haven't seen it yet. I'll post it when I get it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mirlow View Post
I just booked two nights at the Yacht Club for this weekend. We've never stayed at the Yacht Club. My daughter picked this resort to celebrate her 18th birthday She picked the resort so we could hang out at SAB, but I think Mother Nature has different plans for us! I know we'll still have a fun time!

I haven't been around here much, so I'm trying to do a little research on this thread before we check-in on Friday. I use to spend months planning trips to WDW, so it's a little strange going into something a bit clueless. Being in Orlando now takes a lot of pressure off planning. We're totally winging this whole weekend trip and we're sleeping in which will be a first for us. Completely different trip than when they were younger
and Happy Birthday to your DD!

If you want some info on the resort you can skim through the first page of the resort.

Hope you have a great trip. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Tink View Post
Hello all you YC/BC lovers! I should probably start by telling you all that I've never stayed at YC/BC and it's been 8 years since I've been to WDW! My family and I are currently planning a trip for December 2014. We'll be cruising on the Fantasy the week of Christmas and touring WDW the week prior.

We are starting to toss around ideas on which resort we'd like to stay at. DH and I have previously stayed at Poly, GF, WL and AKL. We are a family of 5 with three DDs who will be 12, 9 and 7 on this trip. Only the 12 and 9 year old have been to WDW before but neither remember anything (the 9 year old was just an infant on our last trip). I'm hoping I'll be able to sway my family to staying at YC/BC for this trip since I've always wanted to. I'm just not sure if I will be able to pry them away from a MK area resort. Help me make my case!

Since SAB is a big draw to staying at YC/BC and my girls would not want to pass it up if we stayed there, what can you tell me about swimming there in December? We are from the Seattle area, so we're not opposed to swimming when it's in the mid 60's as long as the sun is shining.

And what can you tell me about the Christmas season at YC/BC?


Please let us know if you decide to book at the resort.

Stormalong Bag is a great feature of the Yacht and Beach Club, but truly, for me, the best thing about the resort is the location. The convenience of being a 5-10 minute walk to EPCOT and a walk or short boat ride away from Hollywood Studios is priceless!




Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
After so many twists and turns...we will be returning to our "home away from home" BC this August ...

Dee...Can you add us to the BOG list? We will be there 8/18-8/25!

Teena...can't wait to see you when we arrive!
back! So excited to hear about your return trip! Especially that you will get a chance to visit with Teena.

I'll happily add you to the Be Our Guest list.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
Natebenma-

If you ever think that stuff I post here would be helpful to other people, you're always welcome to put it on the first page. I love BCV, and if I can help someone else have a better trip to YC/BC/BCV, I'm happy to do so.

I did send you an e-mail with the BC information we discussed.

Also - The first time I saw your Dis name, I misread it as NateBenna. I thought "Benna" must be a name like "Brenna." So that's how I always think of you! It took me awhile to catch on.
I appreciate that!

Having only two trips to the Beach Club under my belt, I am by no means an expert on the resorts, and I really know very little about BCVs, so I appreciate all the information provided by everyone on this thread.

I did get what you sent to me- thanks! I will definitely be using the info when I get a chance to catch up on everything.

That is funny about my screen name (which was hastily chosen and not particularly clever). Now NateBenna- I like it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by millie View Post
Do club level guests at the Beach Club receive a welcome gift in their room like they do at the Poly and AKL?
That's cool that the club guests get welcome gifts in those resorts. I have read about some gifts people at BC/YC have received, but not everyone gets something. We once got some candy, balloons and a nice picture of Mickey that said "Happy Birthday, Mike"

Problem was, no Mike in our family. We were told that we could keep the goodies anyway!

But everyone does get a welcome to this thread, so



Have you booked a stay or are you in the planning stages?
natebenma is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #3350
millie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 107

DH and I are actually checking in Sunday for a 5 night stay. We had not even considered staying at the Beach Club but our travel agent got us a great deal and after reading this thread for months we are both super excited. We both love Epcot and look forward to going back and forth from the park to the Beach Club.Thanks for all of the great information!
millie is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #3351
DisneyDad in PA
Beach Club Fan!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 800

Teena, Hoping to see you again this year when we return. We are coming 8/15-8/24.
__________________
1980 June
2006 Sept AKL
2007 Aug Poly
2008 Aug Poly
2009 Nov Poly
2010 July Beach Club
2011 July Hard Rock Hotel
2012 July Beach Club
2013 Aug Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel

Me, DW, DS 16, DD 14
DisneyDad in PA is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #3352
pixarmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Problem was, no Mike in our family. We were told that we could keep the goodies anyway!
Must have been for us!

We've only stayed CL at BC, BWI and CR. So far, we've only received a gift at BWI, but I can't say I missed it at BC or CR.

Teena, hope you and Bob are feeling better!

Robyn, just got the AP summer rate e-mail from Mousemisers - does that mean more discounts for you?? If so, yay!!

MickeyT, you must be getting ready to head out west soon!

LuvTink, I'll throw in my two cents regarding swimming. As others have said, the weather is so unpredictable at that time of year. We've stayed at BC in all four seasons and we have ALWAYS used SAB. Our three boys will swim no matter the temperatures - it's heated and they're energetic. But even before crazy swimming kids - I can remember sitting out at SAB in my early 20's with my parents and my brother. I'll admit that SAB access is far more important to me during summer trips - hard to pass it up when the temperatures are high - but we've used it year round in one way or another!
__________________
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
pixarmom is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #3353
TeenaS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 5,721

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDad in PA View Post
Teena, Hoping to see you again this year when we return. We are coming 8/15-8/24.
I'll see you on the 18th and 19th!!
TeenaS is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #3354
catho72
DIS Veteran
 
catho72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: outside Chicago
Posts: 1,392

Hi all!


It's been awhile since I've had a chance to peek on this thread. Teena, glad you had a great cruise and hope you and Bob are on the mend soon.

We are no longer spending 4 nights at BC. We are now spending those 4 night YC CL! Even though I'm bummed not to spend a night at my most favorite place in the World, I'm excited that we get to try a new resort and add one more resort to our "stayed at" list. This also means that our entire trip will be CL as our 4 nights at Poly are also CL!

I don't even know how many days it will be until we are there....probably 75 or so......but I know the time will FLY!

Woo hoo!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Me : DH DD 15 DS 13 DD 11

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay




Last edited by catho72; 05-01-2013 at 10:24 PM.
catho72 is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #3355
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,430

Teena. Glad it was just the 24 hr bug, and didn't linger too long. Hope Bob is healing nicely. to you both.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #3356
ChipnDaleRule
DIS Veteran
 
ChipnDaleRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Manchester U.K
Posts: 1,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Tink View Post
Hello all you YC/BC lovers! I should probably start by telling you all that I've never stayed at YC/BC and it's been 8 years since I've been to WDW! My family and I are currently planning a trip for December 2014. We'll be cruising on the Fantasy the week of Christmas and touring WDW the week prior.

We are starting to toss around ideas on which resort we'd like to stay at. DH and I have previously stayed at Poly, GF, WL and AKL. We are a family of 5 with three DDs who will be 12, 9 and 7 on this trip. Only the 12 and 9 year old have been to WDW before but neither remember anything (the 9 year old was just an infant on our last trip). I'm hoping I'll be able to sway my family to staying at YC/BC for this trip since I've always wanted to. I'm just not sure if I will be able to pry them away from a MK area resort. Help me make my case!

Since SAB is a big draw to staying at YC/BC and my girls would not want to pass it up if we stayed there, what can you tell me about swimming there in December? We are from the Seattle area, so we're not opposed to swimming when it's in the mid 60's as long as the sun is shining.

And what can you tell me about the Christmas season at YC/BC?
SAB is one of the main reasons we keep on going back to YC/BC, my DD14 & DS11 love it. We have been in the pool in February when the lifeguards have been wearing ski jackets it was that cold,but we're from the UK so no problem! Its fine when your in, its just the getting out part thats the hard
__________________
ChipnDaleRule is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 06:01 AM   #3357
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,069

May Activities Schedule

Campfire time for March is 7:30 PM. Movie follows at 9:00 PM.


Movies by the Beach May 2013 Schedule,


Sun- Wreck-It Ralph (PG)
Mon- Bedtime Stories (PG)
Tues- Gnomeo and Juliet (G)
Wed- Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension (G)
Thurs- The Muppets (2001, PG)
Fri- The Lion King (G)
Sat- Brave (PG)

Movie will be moved inside to the Solarium in the event of inclement weather.






I love seeing Trivia back a couple of times a week. Unfortunately for the person who is looking for BINGO- this activity is still missing.




And now, time for my monthly message-

Just want to say thanks to everyone on this thread for keeping the discussion friendly and respectful in addition to being informative!


Last edited by natebenma; 05-02-2013 at 06:07 AM.
natebenma is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #3358
Vaninou
Earning My Ears
 
Vaninou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Campfire time for March is 7:30 PM. Movie follows at 9:00 PM.


Movies by the Beach May 2013 Schedule,


Sun- Wreck-It Ralph (PG)
Mon- Bedtime Stories (PG)
Tues- Gnomeo and Juliet (G)
Wed- Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension (G)
Thurs- The Muppets (2001, PG)
Fri- The Lion King (G)
Sat- Brave (PG)

Movie will be moved inside to the Solarium in the event of inclement weather.






I love seeing Trivia back a couple of times a week. Unfortunately for the person who is looking for BINGO- this activity is still missing.




And now, time for my monthly message-

Just want to say thanks to everyone on this thread for keeping the discussion friendly and respectful in addition to being informative!

Thanks a lot
__________________
October 83: DW (Hilton)
July 87: DW (Hilton)
April 94: DL Paris (New Port Bay Club)
December 95: DW (Yacht Club)
September 98: DL (Offsite)
May 09: DL Paris (Offsite)
May 10: DW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
October 10: DL (Offsite)
May 12: DW (Beach Club Villas)
May 13: DW (Beach Club Villas)
December 2013: DL Paris (Disneyland Hotel)
May 2015 DW: Beach Club Club Level
Vaninou is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:08 AM   #3359
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Tink View Post
Hello all you YC/BC lovers! I should probably start by telling you all that I've never stayed at YC/BC and it's been 8 years since I've been to WDW! My family and I are currently planning a trip for December 2014. We'll be cruising on the Fantasy the week of Christmas and touring WDW the week prior.

We are starting to toss around ideas on which resort we'd like to stay at. DH and I have previously stayed at Poly, GF, WL and AKL. We are a family of 5 with three DDs who will be 12, 9 and 7 on this trip. Only the 12 and 9 year old have been to WDW before but neither remember anything (the 9 year old was just an infant on our last trip). I'm hoping I'll be able to sway my family to staying at YC/BC for this trip since I've always wanted to. I'm just not sure if I will be able to pry them away from a MK area resort. Help me make my case!

Since SAB is a big draw to staying at YC/BC and my girls would not want to pass it up if we stayed there, what can you tell me about swimming there in December? We are from the Seattle area, so we're not opposed to swimming when it's in the mid 60's as long as the sun is shining.

And what can you tell me about the Christmas season at YC/BC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
December at WDW. Can be in the 40's (yep - a high of 40) and can be in the high 80's. You need to pack for every kind of temp.

Walking to Epcot and seeing all the holiday decorations and the Candlelight Processional is magical!!!!!

The resorts around the lake have great holiday decorations too. Tell the kids you are a boat ride away from Hollywood Studios. It might help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Swimming in December is really hit or miss. The first day we did it was sunny and 80 degrees so we spent two hours in the pool as we waited for or room to be ready. On our check out day it was 75 and mostly cloudy but we still went in the pool. We would swim in the different areas of the pool and then jump in the hot tub to really warm up.

I kept telling myself that I was from Finland and this is what it must be like for them in the Scandinavian summer.

When it was time to get out there were plenty of towels available pool side so we were able to dry off and then go to the locker room to get showered and dressed for the plane ride back home.

My boys said it was totally worth it to go swimming in December. You'll hopefully luck out with a day or two of pool weather so I say GO FOR IT!

~NM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDaleRule View Post
SAB is one of the main reasons we keep on going back to YC/BC, my DD14 & DS11 love it. We have been in the pool in February when the lifeguards have been wearing ski jackets it was that cold,but we're from the UK so no problem! Its fine when your in, its just the getting out part thats the hard
All I have to say is........BRRRRRRRRRRRR

I couldn't even swim this past May, because the water was too cold

Looking forward to July when it's GOOD and HOT!!!
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie


ocalla is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #3360
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,149

DEE: Thanks for the May Movie schedule. I always get so excited when my month is posted (July for us this year!!), and make all these elaborate plans of watching the movies, sipping adult beverages.............and we have NEVER been able to stay awake long enough to see them

but guess what....I'm gonna do the same thing as soon as the July Movie list is out!!
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie


ocalla is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: