Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #3331
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Hey Kerri,
Congrats!!!!
Jeanne, Bob, Princess Lily and I are so sorry we're going to miss you this year!
Thanks Teena! David is always looking at the photo album from last August and remembers playing with "Baby Lily" at the pool! He's smitten!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #3332
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Has anyone forgotten the PIN they picked when they did online check in? If so how did they handle it when you arrived and picked up your packet?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #3333
mademluc
Mouseketeer

Wow, it takes me so long every day to catch up on this thread - of course I enjoy every minute of it
Just wanted to say thank you to Dee for answering my question regarding my room dilemma (just love it when decisions are effectively taken from me - life becomes so much easier); thank you to CT_Disney for the YC CL review and looking forward to reading more!; and congratulations to KerriL for your exciting new arrival!!! I think if there were celebration competitions you would win hands down.
It's a beautiful day in NJ today - I hope everyone's day looks as nice.
(96 days!!!)

Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #3334
mirlow
Peace-Love-Disney

I just booked two nights at the Yacht Club for this weekend. We've never stayed at the Yacht Club. My daughter picked this resort to celebrate her 18th birthday She picked the resort so we could hang out at SAB, but I think Mother Nature has different plans for us! I know we'll still have a fun time!

I haven't been around here much, so I'm trying to do a little research on this thread before we check-in on Friday. I use to spend months planning trips to WDW, so it's a little strange going into something a bit clueless. Being in Orlando now takes a lot of pressure off planning. We're totally winging this whole weekend trip and we're sleeping in which will be a first for us. Completely different trip than when they were younger
Old 05-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #3335
Cotillard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirlow View Post
I just booked two nights at the Yacht Club for this weekend. We've never stayed at the Yacht Club. My daughter picked this resort to celebrate her 18th birthday She picked the resort so we could hang out at SAB, but I think Mother Nature has different plans for us! I know we'll still have a fun time!

I haven't been around here much, so I'm trying to do a little research on this thread before we check-in on Friday. I use to spend months planning trips to WDW, so it's a little strange going into something a bit clueless. Being in Orlando now takes a lot of pressure off planning. We're totally winging this whole weekend trip and we're sleeping in which will be a first for us. Completely different trip than when they were younger
Happy birthday to your daughter, mirlow. I'm sure it will be a really fun weekend. Very fun to be trying a new resort

º Grand Floridian July 2005 ○ Grand Floridian CL Dec 2005 ○ Polynesian April 2006 ○ Polynesian CL March 2007 ○ Boardwalk Inn CL April 2008 ○ Bay Lake Tower May 2010 ○ Beach Club June 2010 ○ Wilderness Lodge CL Oct 2010 ○ AKL CL Feb 2011 º Boardwalk Inn October 2011 º POR Royal Room March 2012 º Beach Club June 2013 º
Old 05-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #3336
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirlow View Post

Happy Birthday to her!!! She picked a SUPER Fantastic resort to celebrate

Sometimes winging it makes for the best time!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 05-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #3337
Luv_Tink
Mouseketeer

Hello all you YC/BC lovers! I should probably start by telling you all that I've never stayed at YC/BC and it's been 8 years since I've been to WDW! My family and I are currently planning a trip for December 2014. We'll be cruising on the Fantasy the week of Christmas and touring WDW the week prior.

We are starting to toss around ideas on which resort we'd like to stay at. DH and I have previously stayed at Poly, GF, WL and AKL. We are a family of 5 with three DDs who will be 12, 9 and 7 on this trip. Only the 12 and 9 year old have been to WDW before but neither remember anything (the 9 year old was just an infant on our last trip). I'm hoping I'll be able to sway my family to staying at YC/BC for this trip since I've always wanted to. I'm just not sure if I will be able to pry them away from a MK area resort. Help me make my case!

Since SAB is a big draw to staying at YC/BC and my girls would not want to pass it up if we stayed there, what can you tell me about swimming there in December? We are from the Seattle area, so we're not opposed to swimming when it's in the mid 60's as long as the sun is shining.

And what can you tell me about the Christmas season at YC/BC?

Previous Trips: 2000 Honeymoon at WDW Polynesian & Disney Wonder; 2003 Wilderness Lodge; 2004 Christmas at AKL & GF; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2006 Disneyland; 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska

In the Works: Christmas in the FW Cabins! Dec 13-26
Old 05-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #3338
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Tink View Post
Hello all you YC/BC lovers! I should probably start by telling you all that I've never stayed at YC/BC and it's been 8 years since I've been to WDW! My family and I are currently planning a trip for December 2014. We'll be cruising on the Fantasy the week of Christmas and touring WDW the week prior.

We are starting to toss around ideas on which resort we'd like to stay at. DH and I have previously stayed at Poly, GF, WL and AKL. We are a family of 5 with three DDs who will be 12, 9 and 7 on this trip. Only the 12 and 9 year old have been to WDW before but neither remember anything (the 9 year old was just an infant on our last trip). I'm hoping I'll be able to sway my family to staying at YC/BC for this trip since I've always wanted to. I'm just not sure if I will be able to pry them away from a MK area resort. Help me make my case!

Since SAB is a big draw to staying at YC/BC and my girls would not want to pass it up if we stayed there, what can you tell me about swimming there in December? We are from the Seattle area, so we're not opposed to swimming when it's in the mid 60's as long as the sun is shining.

And what can you tell me about the Christmas season at YC/BC?
December at WDW. Can be in the 40's (yep - a high of 40) and can be in the high 80's. You need to pack for every kind of temp.

Walking to Epcot and seeing all the holiday decorations and the Candlelight Processional is magical!!!!!

The resorts around the lake have great holiday decorations too. Tell the kids you are a boat ride away from Hollywood Studios. It might help.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #3339
Luv_Tink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
December at WDW. Can be in the 40's (yep - a high of 40) and can be in the high 80's. You need to pack for every kind of temp.

Walking to Epcot and seeing all the holiday decorations and the Candlelight Processional is magical!!!!!

The resorts around the lake have great holiday decorations too. Tell the kids you are a boat ride away from Hollywood Studios. It might help.
Thank you!

Since we're from the Pacific NW, we're used to dressing in layers and being prepared for everything!

Previous Trips: 2000 Honeymoon at WDW Polynesian & Disney Wonder; 2003 Wilderness Lodge; 2004 Christmas at AKL & GF; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2006 Disneyland; 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska

In the Works: Christmas in the FW Cabins! Dec 13-26
Old 05-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #3340
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

So excited!!!!

After so many twists and turns...we will be returning to our "home away from home" BC this August ...

Dee...Can you add us to the BOG list? We will be there 8/18-8/25!

Teena...can't wait to see you when we arrive!
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Old 05-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #3341
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Overall, we thought CL was worth our money. This is the 2nd time we've stayed YC CL, so I've got a prior experience to compare it to now. The first time we stayed YC CL, it was just me and my DH. It was our 1st CL stay and the whole thing really impressed us. With this trip we had the kids with us so we got the "kid perspective" on CL. So here goes...

3. We found the wait staff in the lounge to be professional and kind, but not overly bubbly and welcoming. Suited us just fine.

6. Oreo bon bons served one night. Bacon-wrapped scallops served two nights...Yay!!

8. Fresh brewed coffee was only served in the am. The rest of the day you had to use the Nescafe machine. Not my favorite...luckily we had brought Starbucks Vias along with us.

13.Make sure you ask for water bottles before heading out to the parks or pool. They are not out...but if you ask for them, they will give them to you any time of day.

14. Here's a big one....beer is only served during evening appetizers, but they will bring you beer any time during the day if you ask for it. (My DH made VERY good use of this tip). One day there was a guy sitting in the lounge during the afternoon snacks and we heard him oversay, "I wish they had the beer out now." My husband went over to him and gave him this very useful tip, at which point the guy looked like he wanted to kiss my husband.

The best part about CL in our opinion is the convenience of breakfast. To get a nice healthy start to your day is great.

Our favorite foods all week were the Oreo Bon Bons, Bacon-Wrapped Scallops, Chocolate Chip Muffins, and the Cinnamon Rolls!

Any questions...just ask....

Next up in our trip report.. Our Thoughts on the YC Resort ...(Spolier Alert: It's All Good!)

Left my favorite tips in there!! Can't thank you enough for this full review of YC CL! With less than 3 weeks to go for our first CL stay, this was all very helpful, especially tip #8!! REAL COFFEE? paired with the chocolate chip muffin or cinnamon roll, YUM!
And I am very happy that oreo bon bons will be served, we were very sad to see them go from our favorite disney restaurant. As long as we get our bon bon fix, we should be good Thanks again, CT Disney!

Old 05-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #3342
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
After so many twists and turns...we will be returning to our "home away from home" BC this August ...

Dee...Can you add us to the BOG list? We will be there 8/18-8/25!

Teena...can't wait to see you when we arrive!
Wait, I thought your arrival date was when I was with Jeanne getting the classroom set up. I'm actually going to see you? That makes my day, week, month!!! I'm at Jeanne's 8/20-30.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #3343
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wait, I thought your arrival date was when I was with Jeanne getting the classroom set up. I'm actually going to see you? That makes my day, week, month!!! I'm at Jeanne's 8/20-30.
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Old 05-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #3344
Tiggerish
DIS Veteran

Luv TInk, December is a wonderful time to be at the YC. Its lobby and the BC lobby are beautifully decorated. One of my favorite memories is the story teller reading the Polar Express in the YC lobby and afterwards the children were given a jingle bell on a red cord.
1972 Offsite 1985 Offsite 1999 Contemp North Garden Wing 2000 YC Concierge 2001 Disneyland Hotel Concierge 2003 Disney Wonder 2003 POFQ 2004 Dolphin 2005 Disney Magic 2006 PORS/ Disney Wonder 2010 ASMu 2011 ASMu 2012 ASMu 2012 AKL 2012 ASSp 2013 BC 2013 POP
Old 05-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #3345
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

sure

Natebenma-

If you ever think that stuff I post here would be helpful to other people, you're always welcome to put it on the first page. I love BCV, and if I can help someone else have a better trip to YC/BC/BCV, I'm happy to do so.

I did send you an e-mail with the BC information we discussed.

Also - The first time I saw your Dis name, I misread it as NateBenna. I thought "Benna" must be a name like "Brenna." So that's how I always think of you! It took me awhile to catch on.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: