Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #2971
KUFamily
Earning My Ears

Looks like I was late on that post! Oops! Glad you got the info you needed!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #2972
flafan
Mouseketeer

Thank you Wood Nymph - Very Helpful. I feel good now I think it will be great with whatever room I get. I just can not wait to stay here. So excited.
1997 Marriot World Center & Dixie Landings
1998 Fort Wilderness Campground - Cabins
1999 Marriot World Center - Boardwalk Villas
2000 Old Key West
2002 Marriot Cypress Harbour
2003 Marriot Cypress Harbour - Hard Rock Hotel-Club Level
2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Club Level - Royal Pacific Hotel
2006 Royal Pacific Hotel- Club Level - Vistana Villages
2008 Vistana Villages - Portofino Bay - Club level
2009 Sheraton National Hotel - Wash. DC Club Level
2013 July - Beach Club/Club Level
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #2973
Vaninou
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
I have arrived and i'm on the Magical Express headed to BLT! Flight had no delays and I got right on ME and left the airport within 5 mins! More later!!

~Nannette
Enjoy your holidays :-)
December 95: DW (Yacht Club)
September 98: DL (Offsite)
May 09: DL Paris (Offsite)
May 10: DW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
October 10: DL (Offsite)
May 12: DW (Beach Club Villas)
May 13: DW (Beach Club Villas)
December 2013: DL Paris (Disneyland Hotel)
May 2015 DW: Beach Club Club Level
Old 04-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #2974
ready4mouse
Mouseketeer

Standard room requests?

We are POR fans through and through, but just booked Yacht Club for $400 less than POR- how could we not give it a try for that?!! Now just trying to convince the kids that they'll love it...

My question is this: we booked a standard room. I was thinking of the following requests, but would love to hear the advice from YC experts!

My thoughts on requests:
-Room closer to Beach Club side of resort
-Not on ground level
-Non parking lot view (i know standard is parking lot or rooftop, but id rather not stare at cars...)

Do those sound reasonable? Should I request close to elevator?

Thank you in advance for any advice...I am really excited to try this resort!!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #2975
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready4mouse View Post
We are POR fans through and through, but just booked Yacht Club for $400 less than POR- how could we not give it a try for that?!! Now just trying to convince the kids that they'll love it...

My question is this: we booked a standard room. I was thinking of the following requests, but would love to hear the advice from YC experts!

My thoughts on requests:
-Room closer to Beach Club side of resort
-Not on ground level
-Non parking lot view (i know standard is parking lot or rooftop, but id rather not stare at cars...)

Do those sound reasonable? Should I request close to elevator?

Thank you in advance for any advice...I am really excited to try this resort!!!!

Sounds like a great deal (I want to know how ). I'm a POR fan too, but going to Yacht Club with a friend for Food and Wine. Can't wait!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #2976
Murray29
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post

Yes, you should be able to adjust your pass easily. We added an extra day to ours on the last night of our trip last year at the front desk.

As a reminder to all going: IF you decide to add an extra day to your passes, be sure and do so before they expire. for example: on Friday night (we were checking out on Saturday) we decided to add a park day to spend a few more hours at MK. the CM told DH if he would have waited to do so on Saturday, it wouldn't have worked because we had used the original last day of our pass on the Friday.
We booked our awesome YC discounted package through *** about a month ago. We have been debating about adding park hoppers due to staying so close to 2 parks (we are usually 1 park/day commando people). Would booking through a TA have any affect on being able to add park hoppers when we get there? I probably should just add it through the TA, but we still aren't 100% sure.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #2977
Danex
Earning My Ears

Booked for 2014

Well Disney released their UK offers for 2014 today so we are all booked up

Our dates our July 4th to July 17th and we are staying BC GV, with free DDP and a $200 Disney gift card.

Originally we had hoped to be staying CL but the prices for next year have really risen - for a family of four the cost has increased by about $750 (£500) for a GV room and that's staying 13 nights instead of 14, on top of that my husbands DNeice is coming with us also, the cost to upgrade to CL was about $2600 (£1800) on top of that so I couldn't justify paying that as well.

We are actually leaving Ireland on June 29th, flying to New York to meet my BIL and his daughter (they live in Geneva), staying there for 5 days, and then flying down to Orlando for the stay at the BC with my husbands niece, before flying back to Ireland almost 3 weeks later

Can anyone give me recommendations for an airline to fly from New York to Orlando with? We are flying into from Dublin into JFK and from MCO to Dublin to just need a one way flight from New York (any airport) to MCO. We would prefer one that includes at least one checked bag each and allows us to book seats together.

Thanks for any information
Old 04-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #2978
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray29 View Post
We booked our awesome YC discounted package through *** about a month ago. We have been debating about adding park hoppers due to staying so close to 2 parks (we are usually 1 park/day commando people). Would booking through a TA have any affect on being able to add park hoppers when we get there? I probably should just add it through the TA, but we still aren't 100% sure.
You can add the park hoppers to your ticket at any time during your vacation. I totally recommend them for stays at the BC or YC- it is so nice to be able to slip into EPCOT whenever you feel like it! But you don't need to add PH to your tickets unless and until you decide to hop. It is around $50 per ticket for the length of your ticket, so whether you add it on day 1 of your trip, or day 3 or even the last day, it will be the same price. But of course, the sooner you add it, the sooner you can hop.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #2979
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danex View Post
Well Disney released their UK offers for 2014 today so we are all booked up

Our dates our July 4th to July 17th and we are staying BC GV, with free DDP and a $200 Disney gift card.

Originally we had hoped to be staying CL but the prices for next year have really risen - for a family of four the cost has increased by about $750 (£500) for a GV room and that's staying 13 nights instead of 14, on top of that my husbands DNeice is coming with us also, the cost to upgrade to CL was about $2600 (£1800) on top of that so I couldn't justify paying that as well.

We are actually leaving Ireland on June 29th, flying to New York to meet my BIL and his daughter (they live in Geneva), staying there for 5 days, and then flying down to Orlando for the stay at the BC with my husbands niece, before flying back to Ireland almost 3 weeks later

Can anyone give me recommendations for an airline to fly from New York to Orlando with? We are flying into from Dublin into JFK and from MCO to Dublin to just need a one way flight from New York (any airport) to MCO. We would prefer one that includes at least one checked bag each and allows us to book seats together.

Thanks for any information
Jetblue would be the one.
Kerri
Old 04-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #2980
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you are staying at the YC you definitely should have park hoppers. There is nothing better than walking into Epcot just to see Illuminations, or running over to do TSM in the morning then coming back to go swimming before you head off to MK for the evening. And you will be able to use the monorail from MK to Epcot to walk through the park instead of taking the bus. We seldom only went to one park a day when we were at an Epcot resort.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 04-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #2981
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I had it a couple of days ago.....I will preface this with the fact that I am a New Englander, born and bred....so I definitely have a certain standard for seafood (and I know my lobster rolls)....this was nothing like a lobster roll I would get from home. Here is a pic:

First, a lobster roll from home would not have shrimp in it. It would not have so much mayo. The bun would be buttered and the lobster would be bubbling out of it!!! I'm pretty sure there was some artificial lobster mixed in with the real lobster...no, no, no....

But, I know alot of people like it. It just did NOT cut it for me.
I love the lobster roll comments. I am so looking forward to trying one. My DH and I try "Mexican" food wherever we travel and we are ALWAYS disappointed. You just can't beat good Mexican food from Southern California. I think the worst we have had have been in Fort Lauderdale, Nashville and Hawaii (inedible). We always say that we are going to agree to never eat Mexican food again outside of So. Cal.....but guess what, our first ADR is for San Angel Inn......are we crazy?

Quick question.....is there any way to post pictures here from an iphone? I know I can easily post to FB, but unsure if I can post here. I do have the DIS app but when I tried today I wasn't able to figure it out. Any help or suggestions?

3 weeks from tomorrow!!!!!

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 04-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #2982
francileb
Mouseketeer

Quote:

If your *** package has tickets that include 1 "bonus" like a water park or Disney Quest, check with your agent whether they can be upgraded at the park. We have an *** package booked with those "bonus" tickets and I was specifically told those tickets could not be upgraded. My guess is that these are a special kind of ticket (convention ticket perhaps?) and the normal ticket rules may not apply.

Just check with your agent so you aren't disappointed if you wait to upgrade and find out they can't be upgraded.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #2983
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafan View Post
Jenjersnap

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I hope I get this room its either 3557 or 4691. How big is the Juliet balcony is it large enough to put 1 chair? The photos are awesome. Now if I can just track down photos of 4691. As you can tell I don't like surprises. My husband thinks Im crazy but its fun to plan. I just love it.
No, the Juliet balconies are just big enough for you to stand on while you admire the view! Have fun planning!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 04-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #2984
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by francileb View Post
If your *** package has tickets that include 1 "bonus" like a water park or Disney Quest, check with your agent whether they can be upgraded at the park. We have an *** package booked with those "bonus" tickets and I was specifically told those tickets could not be upgraded. My guess is that these are a special kind of ticket (convention ticket perhaps?) and the normal ticket rules may not apply.

Just check with your agent so you aren't disappointed if you wait to upgrade and find out they can't be upgraded.
We are booked with a group sales rate via a different travel agency with the possibility of the group sales tix (with bonus) and I have conflicting info from Cheshire Figment and the TA re upgrading. There does seem to be a difference between convention tix and group sales tix though which might be the crux of the difference. PP, if you ask your TA, could you message me what s/he says? I could save several hundred dollars with those is but I am hoping to upgrade to an AP for my youngest and I so we can do a mom and me trip in early 2014.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 04-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #2985
TNKim
Earning My Ears

Early Entrance to Epcot through International Gateway from BC

I'm staying at the wonderful Beach Club. We have reservations for the Gardens of the World tour at the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot at 9:00 am in the morning. I need to be at the front entrance of Epcot to meet for the tour at 8:45 am. Will they let us through the IG early, say, no later than 8:15 am, in order to walk through to get to the front of Epcot? Is this allowing enough time to get there by 8:45, if they allow us to enter? Another thin I should mention is my mom uses an ECV, and i don't want to break it down, so using a taxi is not an option. I asked at the concierge desk and they called customer relations at Epcot & said it "should" be okay for us to enter early. But the security at IG said they had never let anyone in early except with breakfast reservations. The front desk at BC told me if they didn't let us enter early that they could always radio ahead for us to let the tour know we were on our way. I'm not real comfortable with being told they "should" let us in, and then not being able to enter and missing the start of the tour, which is the main reason I brought my mom to Epcot! I really don't want any mix-ups or delays getting to the front of Epcot for the tour. Does anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions? And I just want to say our first visit to the BC has been wonderful!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: