Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #2911
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
just got back. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole trip was amazing. Beach Club is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful and relaxing. The people there are all so nice. The pool was soooooooooo beautiful and relaxing. OMG- just one of the most relaxing and beautiful places I have ever been too. I am from New England and we love Cape Cod - so combining Disney and a New England seaside resort was just the perfect match for us.

Now how will we stay anywhere else?
So glad you had a great time at the Beach Club! I know the feeling about not wanting to stay anywhere else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Lol! No plan B... way to far to drive!! Those days are way over!!

I'm just hoping its the first flight out so maybe...

~Nannnette
Fingers crossed for you for smooth sailing- flying- you know what I mean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Hiya Folks! Getting super-excited on this thread in the countdown to our trip...just one week away!!! Yay!!!

Sorry I missed it, but does anyone know when the last Resort Activities Schedule was posted, and if there is a copy posted anywhere?

Thanks in advance!

The activities list for April is posted on the first page of this thread, Post 4 I think. I should have the one for May around the first of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Oh my goodness, this BC trip is coming up so fast! We leave to drive down 3 weeks from tomorrow and I have so much left to do. The whole family has been sick nonstop since January and the past 2 weeks has been some of the worst of it so needless to say I have fallen very behind. Still need to shop for warm weather clothes and shoes for me and the kids, figure out our driving route from NJ, lots of shopping for little necessities and food and snacks for the kids allergies. I made a super cute stroller tag I have to print and get laminated and surprise gifts to box up and mail down. And I'm trying to come up with a birthday cake design to have made at Disney to surprise my MIL. Find someone to take care of my cats and need to find someone to fill in for our CSA delivery that week.........the list goes on.

And this weekend is shot with my sisters wedding and lots of out of town family visiting. And it's terrible but I've been so sick I'm not feeling very excited about that either. I need this vacation but the getting ready part is stressing me out.

I feel like I should have skipped club level and spent the money to hire an assistant to plan and shop for me, lol.
Good luck with all of your last minute details. Sounds like you will need a vacation at the end of all your prep!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #2912
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaLuCa View Post
Hi,

I've been reading through this thread and am so excited to do BC in just a couple of weeks. We'll be celebrating our twins' 3rd birthday and the end of "3 under 3" (3 kiddos under the age of 3...along with a brand new disney adult-our oldest DD turned 10!). First time staying at an Epcot resort, usually do MK ones, and we are staying club level too. Very excited!

Any advice for BC newbies? And Club level novices? (Almost stayed club at WL, but DD wanted bunk beds more and it was her birthday trip.) How are the buses? DH swore off moderates because of the buses. Then we got spoiled with being at MK resorts. We will have our car, but I think part of the fun of disney is getting to ride in a bus or a boat AND the monorail! We plan on arriving around noon-1 and just hang out at the pool till our room is ready. Our twins are excited, the 10 year old is a vetern (her 6th trip, plus one DL), and the 5 month old is just looking forward to hanging out.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for May.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #2913
kristenm514
Mouseketeer

We just officially booked the YC for 8/24 - 8/31! Woooo hooooo! We thought we'd be staying in a value, but got an amazing rate from a TA and couldn't pass it up! I am so excited to stay there!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #2914
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
fingers crossed for you for smooth sailing- flying- you know what I mean!
Thanks Dee!! I'm all checked in with Jetblue! So far so good flight is on time 24 hours in advance.... hope it stays that way!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen2276 View Post
wow, really? we fly Saturday on united out of EWR and so far haven't heard anything- I hope you get out!
Good luck... it's not really the airline, but more the security and the air traffic controllers who have the mandatory days off that is causing the problems, and it's affecting major city airports like all the NYC airports including Newark. Jetblue is saying I need to arrive 90 mins before scheduled flight just incase. I will post from the airport tomorrow AM!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything goes smoothly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Safe travels!
Thank you Sue!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
Hopefully with the first flight you won't run into any problems. Fingers crossed that it leaves as scheduled.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
This is exactly what I'm hoping!! Funny how coming home I don't really care it's the getting there part I care about!!

~Nannette

Last edited by nannette; 04-24-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #2915
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Nannette Have a safe, on time, relaxing trip
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #2916
cdotla
Trish

[QUOTE=natebenma;48196379]The activities list for April is posted on the first page of this thread, Post 4 I think. I should have the one for May around the first of the month. QUOTE]

Thanks so much....I knew it was easy to find last trip, but somehow couldn't find it again this time!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #2917
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
just got back. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole trip was amazing. Beach Club is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful and relaxing. The people there are all so nice. The pool was soooooooooo beautiful and relaxing. OMG- just one of the most relaxing and beautiful places I have ever been too. I am from New England and we love Cape Cod - so combining Disney and a New England seaside resort was just the perfect match for us.

Now how will we stay anywhere else?
My family feels the same. When we don't vacation in disney, we vacation in Cape Cod, Ocean City, etc, so BC/YC is such a great fit for us, combining disney with our seaside resort vacation. Can't go wrong. And to answer your question, you can't stay anywhere else, because it won't be as fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Just an FYI on the water bottles on CL....we are here at YC now and were heading down to SAB....the CM's stopped us and asked if we would like water to take with us. We said sure and were asked how many. We took 2 bottles, they were 20 ounce bottles. Hope that answers some questions on that situation!!!
Thanks for the update!! I know a few months back I bombarded the CL thread with questions regarding water bottles The insight is appreciated and I am so jealous of your fabulous upgrade!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
I am all set to fly to MCO from LGA on Thursday morning.... I keep getting emails from Jetblue.... Flight delays, flight cancellations... NO GOOOD I tell you!!! IF my flight to my happy place gets canceled I'm gonna be soooo upset!!

I'm on the first flight out on Thursday morning please keep fingers crossed!!! Hope everyone else going doesn't have any problems with their flights!!!

~Nannette
Safe travels Hope all goes to plan!
Old 04-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #2918
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaLuCa View Post
Hi,

Our twins are excited, the 10 year old is a vetern (her 6th trip, plus one DL), and the 5 month old is just looking forward to hanging out.
Please report back when you return how the trip was with the 5 month old. We will be traveling with our son who will be 5 months old this fall
Old 04-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #2919
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Ice Tea Machine

Someone asked a while ago about the ice tea machine/flavors available at the Marketplace.

Hunclemarco just provided me with these two pictures:

Last edited by natebenma; 04-25-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #2920
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenm514 View Post
We just officially booked the YC for 8/24 - 8/31! Woooo hooooo! We thought we'd be staying in a value, but got an amazing rate from a TA and couldn't pass it up! I am so excited to stay there!
WOOHOO! I got that same deal...so excited for our first YC stay as well. We'll be there at the same time, Aug 23-30.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #2921
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post

WOOHOO! I got that same deal...so excited for our first YC stay as well. We'll be there at the same time, Aug 23-30.
There are lots of people going at the end of August We're there Aug 20-29. So exciting!! 118 days
Old 04-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #2922
Tiggerish
DIS Veteran

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the pictures of the tea dispenser. You have made one teenager girl in our party extremely happy!
1972 Offsite 1985 Offsite 1999 Contemp North Garden Wing 2000 YC Concierge 2001 Disneyland Hotel Concierge 2003 Disney Wonder 2003 POFQ 2004 Dolphin 2005 Disney Magic 2006 PORS/ Disney Wonder 2010 ASMu 2011 ASMu 2012 ASMu 2012 AKL 2012 ASSp 2013 BC 2013 POP
Old 04-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #2923
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Got up at 4 am to make my ADRs today. Whew, woozy today no matter how much coffee I drink! At least, it is done, though I didnt get my desired times for several things and no BOG for the entire 9 days. One step closer...but how to fill my planning jones now?!?!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 04-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #2924
Vaninou
Earning My Ears

2 weeks and we'll be in the plane to Florida!!!!

So excited.... Can't even work and focus on my things to do
December 95: DW (Yacht Club)
September 98: DL (Offsite)
May 09: DL Paris (Offsite)
May 10: DW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
October 10: DL (Offsite)
May 12: DW (Beach Club Villas)
May 13: DW (Beach Club Villas)
December 2013: DL Paris (Disneyland Hotel)
May 2015 DW: Beach Club Club Level
Old 04-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #2925
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Could NOT pass up the AP rate for the YC in June!
Taking my niece for her graduation gift, and she doesn't know it yet!

Plus, I've already got the Dessert party booked and Dining with an Imagineer booked!
Anyone ever do the Imagineer lunch/dinner? I have no clue what is in store with that one!

Stayed BC CL last year and loved it, but I am looking forward to going "home" to the YC CL!

Our dates are June 15-22.

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: