Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #2851
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
When you have a moment, please check the Be Our Guest list to make sure I have your information listed correctly.

Thanks!

Dee

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Just one update for our trip...we upgrade to water lagoon/pool view!!!!

Normally we don't mind what the view would be, but since my challenges with sleep are not getting any better I need a place to sit (full balcony requested) so I don't wake everyone up.

Right now I am biting my nails that this rain stops!!!! Kids already missed one day of school. DS13s graduation date is the evening of June 4th (before closed day for flooding) and we fly out the morning of June 6th. I thought I was in the clear after the major snow was done.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 04-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #2852
mousekatool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hello BC/YC Lovers!!!!!

Just popping in from our wonderful room at YC!!!

I plan on doing a trip report when I'm back, but since we still have 7 days left I wanted to do a quickie update.

Our room is very nice! We booked SV CL and I'm not sure if what we ended up with is just a really good GV or in fact a water view but it's beautiful!!!

Here's our view:

Oh! And we were Family of the Day!

And....the shower heads look like this...(for the PP who asked)

And the beers in the CL lounge are Heineken, Bud Light, Sam Summer, and Yeungling.

We do think the YC is a beautiful resort!!

More to come later!
Mousemommy- we were staying very near where you are! We were on the 3rd floor, just a little further down. Beautiful, isn't it?!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #2853
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

What would you do??

Hi all you YC/BC fans! Ok heres the question...

I currently have a DVC ressie for Sept 2013.. I am bringing DH for the first time to Disney and staying at BC! I have been thinking lately to possibly change to YC or BC CL (not DVC) as I want to WOW him with Disney!! I figured I would check out what the bounce back is when I am staying at BLT this week... if the deal is good and available I would book room only... PROBLEM is IF I do this the points that I used for the Sept ressie would need to be used by 9/30/13... I can't fit another trip in before then.. so I would have to rent the reservation that I have on points, I've never done that before... anyone here DVC that has rented a reservation before?? I checked out the rent dvc points thread and it looks easy enough, but thought I'd ask fellow BC/YC DVC owners on here if they have experience.

So what would you do if you had this decision to make?!?!

Thanks for your advice!!
~Nannette

Old 04-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #2854
DisneyDad in PA
Beach Club Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
Thank you for that list...awesome. Not sure if these locations will have what he is looking for. Our best bet looks like AK at the Royal Anandapur tea company (frozen cappuccino).A Frappe (Frappacino) is more like coffee / mocha slush. It is not the same as an Iced Coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker either, but I have to say I love those mocha frappacinos. Hopefully we will be able to find one. I will report back.

Jan
Not sure when your trip dates are but some speculation is that Starbucks will be opening inside the Main Street Bakery around mid-May (May 18th). I have also seen that the expected reopening isn't until June. But just thought I would pass that along.
2008 Aug Poly
2009 Nov Poly
2010 July Beach Club
2011 July Hard Rock Hotel
2012 July Beach Club
2013 Aug Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel

Me, DW, DS 16, DD 14
Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #2855
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDad in PA View Post
Not sure when your trip dates are but some speculation is that Starbucks will be opening inside the Main Street Bakery around mid-May (May 18th). I have also seen that the expected reopening isn't until June. But just thought I would pass that along.
That would be great. We arrive 5/17. I thought I had read the June date also....keeping my fingers crossed for 5/18. We have always been able to get a frappacino at the Main Street Bakery at Disneyland, however they recently did some refurbishment and turned the bakery back to a restaurant (like it was about 20 years ago). They are now turning a different location on Main Street to a Starbucks. I think it is going to be a blast looking for the similarities and differences between WDW and DLR.

Thanks for the info.

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 04-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #2856
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post

I currently have a DVC ressie for Sept 2013.. I am bringing DH for the first time to Disney and staying at BC! I have been thinking lately to possibly change to YC or BC CL (not DVC) as I want to WOW him with Disney!! I figured I would check out what the bounce back is when I am staying at BLT this week... if the deal is good and available I would book room only... PROBLEM is IF I do this the points that I used for the Sept ressie would need to be used by 9/30/13... I can't fit another trip in before then.. so I would have to rent the reservation that I have on points, I've never done that before... anyone here DVC that has rented a reservation before?? I checked out the rent dvc points thread and it looks easy enough, but thought I'd ask fellow BC/YC DVC owners on here if they have experience.

Thanks for your advice!!
~Nannette
I've only been on the renter side of renting. There is risk involved on both sides. I would pose your question on the DVC boards here in DISBoards.

If I were you, I would keep the reservation. You've already made it and the Beach Club is amazing in and of itself. We always stay in the villas. Sure I would like to stay Club Level just once, but considering how inexpensive the villas are for us, it won't happen for years.

Wow him with the <5 minute walk to the World Showcase. For the present and quite a few presents to come... I MUST live vicariously through others on this thread.

Last edited by suemom2kay; 04-22-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #2857
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
We have always received an actual pack n play when we have requested one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
Usually you get a pack n play, however they do have have real cribs with a mattress. These are not full size regular cribs, they are smaller but they worked well for my grandson last year. We have requested one of these "real" cribs for our trip in September.

If you want a crib, I would add it to my reservation.

Have a great trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_2 View Post
We have always gotten a real pack n play when requesting one.
Thank you so much for your responses. Now I am wondering if I should stick with the pack n play or change the request to a crib. DD will be 9 months and she sleeps in a crib at home but when we went away before she slept in the pack n play but that was only three nights. Decisions decision...
Old 04-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #2858
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
I've only been on the renter side of renting. There is risk involved on both sides. I would pose your question on the DVC boards here in DISBoards.

If I were you, I would keep the reservation. You've already made it and the Beach Club is amazing in and of itself. We always stay in the villas. Sure I would like to stay Club Level just once, but considering how inexpensive the villas are for us, it won't happen for years.

Wow him with the <5 minute walk to the World Showcase. For the present and quite a few presents to come... I MUST live vicariously through others on this thread.
Thanks Sue! See heres the problem... I have done CL so many times and I LOVE it!! I love the pampering... not to say I don't enjoy DVC, but I really am trying to sell him on Disney so he'll come with me again!! DD says just keep what we have so he sees what we really have!! This same DD is currently in the CL at AKL... I opted for BCV with him specifically because of the location to EPCOT. Anyway we'll see.. if the deal is there and good I can always put the deposit down and then see if I can rent out the points after all it is BCV in Sept hot reservation to have!!!

Thanks again for your thoughts!
~Nannette

Old 04-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #2859
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

If it were me...

Quote:

Thanks for your advice!!
~Nannette
I love the 1BRs at BCV. I think there's a major wow factor when you walk in and see the living room, full kitchen, washer/dryer and bathroom with two sinks and a whirlpool tub and a big walk-in shower.

I have never stayed CL at WDW. I stayed CL at two of the Universal Orlando hotels, and at the Hilton in Chicago.

If you stay CL, when you leave the lounge, you're just going to a regular hotel room. A very nice hotel room, but still just a regular room.

If I wanted to impress someone, I would get a 1 BR at BCV rather than CL at Beach Club or Yacht Club (assuming I had enough points).

If I didn't have enough points for a 1 BR and had to choose between a studio at BCV and CL at Yacht or Beach Club, I'd do the CL if impressing the person was my only goal. The studios are perfectly nice, but there's no wow factor.

This is just my own personal opinion. I know many people love CL. I only stayed CL because I was going for conferences and I knew I would want to hang out in the lounge when I needed a break from the conferences.

I've never rented my points. I would probably use David's Vacation Club Rentals because I wouldn't want to have to worry about setting up the rental, having a financial transaction with a stranger, etc. You get less money per point with David's, but they earn that money by acting as middle man. The website is:
http://www.dvcrequest.com/

Hope this helps.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #2860
nannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
I love the 1BRs at BCV. I think there's a major wow factor when you walk in and see the living room, full kitchen, washer/dryer and bathroom with two sinks and a whirlpool tub and a big walk-in shower.
Thanks Best Aunt! The reservation is for a studio and doesn't meet the point requirement for Davids.

Anyway we'll see time will tell what I do!!

Thanks again!
~Nannette

Old 04-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #2861
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hello BC/YC Lovers!!!!!

Just popping in from our wonderful room at YC!!!

I plan on doing a trip report when I'm back, but since we still have 7 days left I wanted to do a quickie update.

Our room is very nice! We booked SV CL and I'm not sure if what we ended up with is just a really good GV or in fact a water view but it's beautiful!!!

Here's our view:

Oh! And we were Family of the Day!

And....the shower heads look like this...(for the PP who asked)

And the beers in the CL lounge are Heineken, Bud Light, Sam Summer, and Yeungling.

We do think the YC is a beautiful resort!!

More to come later!
sounds like a great trip so far! Love that view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousekatool View Post
Just back from a week at YC, and it was wonderful! We booked garden view, and our room overlooked the walkway from the back of the lobby. So, we ended up having a lovely view of SAB in front and the boat launch down to the right. The balcony was a great place to watch the fireworks portion of Illuminations. We ate at B&C (the No Way Jose was well worth the calories!), Hurricane Hanna's, and Cape May for breakfast- the characters were great, and the food was very good. We only made it to SAB one afternoon, but the kids loved it. We also stumbled upon the campfire and roasted marshmallows one night (someone asked about the time, I think it was about 6:30). Hopefully I can find time to post a trip report, but it may be awhile- reality is setting in hard now that we're back. Oh well, guess that means I need to plan the next trip!
Sounds great! Can't wait for our Aug Trip to YC. Hope I get a room upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
I had a dream the other night that we were upgraded in a big way...
When we did WL 2 years ago we were upgraded from a standard view room to a courtyard view overlooking the pool.

In my dream we were upgraded to CL....very weird
I have those dreams too you just never know if or when that may happen!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 04-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #2862
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

On our last morning in September 2012 they asked us if we wanted to be family of the day. It was in the morning and they said they would drive us where we wanted to go! It was pretty cool.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #2863
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for your advice!!
~Nannette
Sounds like you've made up your mind about CL but be careful with renting or selling your points. It's too bad you can't go thru David's. as mentioned, there is a bit of trust both ways in these transactions. Best of luck that you can get it done easily. And safely. CL certainly will wow him
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 04-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #2864
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
On our last morning in September 2012 they asked us if we wanted to be family of the day. It was in the morning and they said they would drive us where we wanted to go! It was pretty cool.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #2865
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousekatool View Post
Mousemommy- we were staying very near where you are! We were on the 3rd floor, just a little further down. Beautiful, isn't it?!
Soooo pretty!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Oh Mousemommy1...what an awesome view! I think you were definitely given a water view. From what I know of the CL GV rooms at YC there are 4 that face the wedding gazebo, and 1 that has a king bed facing the lake-side entrance. And, it doesn't look you have any of those 5, so ...Yay for you!!

And, BTW, I think I saw you in the club lounge on Friday! I recognized you from your pictures. I was sitting in the lounge with my husband, and I saw you and your husband getting your food. I said, "There's Mousemommy1, there's Mousemommy1!", at which point my husband thought I had turned into some kind of loon. But, then I told him that I recognized you from this thread and that when you sat down I was going to say hi. But, then, I looked up and you were gone! I snuck out into the hallway to see where you had gone...and I saw that you were taking your food back to your room. I just missed you before you closed your door And, I didn't want to knock on your door in case it wasn't you after all...boy that would have been awkward!

So, anyway, I think it was you...and based on the room view pics you posted I think it was, because that's about where I thought your room was!

So, hello from afar! Hope you are having a great time and enjoy that view!!!

And, you beat me in posting those shower head pics. Now, what am I going to do with 5 close-up pics of a shower head??

Awwwww!!! Yeah, I was probably making a quick escape before my kids could knock a plate out of someone's hands!!

Oh, and I happened to log onto MDE today and it confirmed that we are in a lagoon View room!! Hooray for pixie dust!!!

Are you home now?? If so, hope you had a fantastic trip!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: