Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #2836
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
SAB is such a Large area, walking from your chair, to different areas of the pool, to getting a sunken treasure at HH's.............it gets very hot!!

I'm from Louisiana, where our concrete is always hot , but this seemed worse. I had to have a couple of drinks Just to cool me off

I would keep the flip flops on and just leave them on a chair with towels.
oh, I've already the DH that I will require at least one Pina CoLAVA on of pool to help with the FL September heat.

My main concern is our youngest DS. He has mild Autism Spectrum Disorder and I'm trying to solve anything that I can foresee him having a meltdown over before we go. I'll just need to buy better swim shoes than we did last time. For our June trip this last year, I just bought whatever the cheapest swim shoes I found at Wal Mart. The soles came out, and then wouldn't go back in properly. As you were walking, the soles would bunch up and the shoes were very uncomfortable to wear without the soles. This caused a couple of meltdowns on that trip. I'll just have to do some research and find some better ones.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #2837
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
Good morning everyone, 17 days until we enjoy BC for the first time. I have a question for anyone who has requested a pack n play. Is it really a pack n play or a crib? I noticed in a picture the crib and wondered if that is what we would get.
We have always received an actual pack n play when we have requested one.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #2838
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
When you have a moment, please check the Be Our Guest list to make sure I have your information listed correctly.

Thanks!

Dee

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Thanks for doing all of this and all of the info you and the others provide.

Are you doing the NE Dis-meet for GKTW at the end of June?
Old 04-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #2839
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey & Minnie Mom View Post
I am not sure if these would meet your Frappacino needs (not a coffee drinker) but I was thinking about your question and thought of these locations ...

MK --
Iced Coffee Float - French Vanilla, Mocha or Latte $4.49
@ Auntie Gravity's, Cheshire Cafe (was Enchanted Grove), Friar's Nook

Epcot --
Cappucino Glace - iced cappuccino $4.25
@ Boulangerie Patisserie France

Flavored Latte (hot or iced vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, or Irish Cream) $5.39
@ Espresso Coffee & Pastries between UK & Canada (not too far from BC), between USA & Italy, between Mexico & World Showcase entrance

Cafe Latte - iced or hot & Cappuccino - iced or hot $3.99
@ Morocco Coffee & Pastries

Iced Latte & Iced Cappuccino (french vanilla) & Iced Mocha $3.99
@ Refreshment Port

DHS --
Smoothies (made with non-fat yogurt) - Cappuccino $4.19
@ KRNR by Rock'n'Roller Coaster

Coffee or Iced Coffee (Regular or Decaf) $2.19
@ Min & Bill's Dockside Diner & Starring Rolls

Iced Cappuccino / Iced Latte $3.39 or Iced Mochaccino / Iced Mocha Latte $3.99
@ Writer's Stop

AK --
Frozen Cappuccino $5.39
@ Espresso, Coffee & Pasty at AK entrance, Royal Anandapur Tea Co.

Island Cappuccino with white chocolate & Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum $6.75
@ Isle of Java

Iced Coffee French Vanilla or Mocha $3.99
@ Isle of Java, Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery

Flavored Latte (Hot or Iced) $5.39
@ Royal Anandapur Tea Co.

Hot or Iced Coffee $3.39
@ Royal Anandapur Tea Co.

Iced Beverages Espresso, French Vanilla or Mocha $4.75
@ Yak & Yeti Quality Beverages
Thank you for that list...awesome. Not sure if these locations will have what he is looking for. Our best bet looks like AK at the Royal Anandapur tea company (frozen cappuccino).A Frappe (Frappacino) is more like coffee / mocha slush. It is not the same as an Iced Coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker either, but I have to say I love those mocha frappacinos. Hopefully we will be able to find one. I will report back.

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 04-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #2840
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hello BC/YC Lovers!!!!!

Just popping in from our wonderful room at YC!!!

I plan on doing a trip report when I'm back, but since we still have 7 days left I wanted to do a quickie update.

Our room is very nice! We booked SV CL and I'm not sure if what we ended up with is just a really good GV or in fact a water view but it's beautiful!!!

Here's our view:

Oh! And we were Family of the Day!

And....the shower heads look like this...(for the PP who asked)

And the beers in the CL lounge are Heineken, Bud Light, Sam Summer, and Yeungling.

We do think the YC is a beautiful resort!!

More to come later!
Oh Mousemommy1...what an awesome view! I think you were definitely given a water view. From what I know of the CL GV rooms at YC there are 4 that face the wedding gazebo, and 1 that has a king bed facing the lake-side entrance. And, it doesn't look you have any of those 5, so ...Yay for you!!

And, BTW, I think I saw you in the club lounge on Friday! I recognized you from your pictures. I was sitting in the lounge with my husband, and I saw you and your husband getting your food. I said, "There's Mousemommy1, there's Mousemommy1!", at which point my husband thought I had turned into some kind of loon. But, then I told him that I recognized you from this thread and that when you sat down I was going to say hi. But, then, I looked up and you were gone! I snuck out into the hallway to see where you had gone...and I saw that you were taking your food back to your room. I just missed you before you closed your door And, I didn't want to knock on your door in case it wasn't you after all...boy that would have been awkward!

So, anyway, I think it was you...and based on the room view pics you posted I think it was, because that's about where I thought your room was!

So, hello from afar! Hope you are having a great time and enjoy that view!!!

And, you beat me in posting those shower head pics. Now, what am I going to do with 5 close-up pics of a shower head??

Old 04-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #2841
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Good morning everyone, 17 days until we enjoy BC for the first time. I have a question for anyone who has requested a pack n play. Is it really a pack n play or a crib? I noticed in a picture the crib and wondered if that is what we would get.
Usually you get a pack n play, however they do have have real cribs with a mattress. These are not full size regular cribs, they are smaller but they worked well for my grandson last year. We have requested one of these "real" cribs for our trip in September.

If you want a crib, I would add it to my reservation.

Have a great trip.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 04-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #2842
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coasterdogs View Post
Do the pool hours change for each season? We are going in June and wondering how late it will be open.

SO excited to have just booked at Beach Club...and Club level this time! Our goal is try every Disney resort ....but hands down our favorite is the Beach Club! I am a nanny for some close friends of mine, who have 8 kids....several years ago the youngest and I started an (awesome) Disney trip tradition. Well, it has been Chris' dream to have mom and dad come too- and his only other brother at home (everyone has grown up!) ....we are making this happen! And Chris is taking an active role in the planning - his suggestion for Club level! I am in---and hoping everything turns out great! And because it is Disney....the odds are pretty good!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for June.

I think the pool has gone back to flexible closing hours. At one point, there were set hours, 10 am to 10 pm, I believe. But we have been hearing reports that the pool closed earlier during the winter hours and that the lifeguards are using their discretion and keeping the pool open later when temperatures and/or crowd conditions warrant that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
One step closer to making our summer BC trip a reality... Looking at the flights, and coordinating with my DD arriving from visiting my sister out west, I think that it is likely that we will be arriving very late at night on our first night there. SO, I think it is sensible to stay at Pop the first night and let Bell Services transfer our luggage. If we do manage CL, that will save us about $500, which I think is well worth the annoyance of not being able to unpack upon arrival. I know a lot of you guys have done this (Ninja Mom?) - was it worth it?

Sounds like a smart move, but I have never done this myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
As our Beach Club trip is coming closer (19 days, yeah!), our son has now declared he only wants to be a lifeguard, not a pirate, so the "Letters of Marque" and "build your own costume" projects are likely on hold. Oh well, I guess it was probably more for me anyway. But he is definitely looking forward to that zero entry sand-bottom pool - do toddlers need "swim shoes" for that (to avoid scraped soles)? Also, our guy prefers the "floating barbells" rather than noodles - do they sell those at Stormalong Bay, or just the noodles? (and I have heard recent rumors about demise of noodle sales, but that may have been incorrect info).
I haven't heard that about the noodles. Could someone who is there now, or going soon (very soon)- see if there are still noodles for sale at the Marketplace or Poolside Gifts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmpark View Post
so... 90 days to go to our first visit to Beach Club. I've only gone for a standard rooms - there are 8 of us in 2 rooms - are there any particular rooms you can request? i.e. room numbers - I'm hoping for a full balcony, but not sure if you can ask for particular rooms in the resort when checking in?
Our recommendation is to request the type of room you want in words, not in room numbers. That way the room assignor knows what is important to you. If you say Room 1234, and that room is occupied during your stay, then the assignor doesn't know where to put you. But if you say "Full balcony, please, close to lobby" the assignor has the choice of all rooms that fit that description for your placement"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
There are some GV rooms on the quiet pool side near the tennis courts too.
Thanks for that info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Thanks for doing all of this and all of the info you and the others provide.

Are you doing the NE Dis-meet for GKTW at the end of June?
I didn't know about this. Sounds like a great cause and a lot of fun. I'll post the link here so others can see it.

Give Kids the World- 3rd Annual NE meet

There is a meet scheduled in Rochester NH in August that I may check out- I think they are attempting to break the record for people wearing mouse ears in one location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
And, you beat me in posting those shower head pics. Now, what am I going to do with 5 close-up pics of a shower head??
I could always start up a "Shower heads of the YC and BC" thread

Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #2843
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

Fine with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
:BUMP:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share those prices. Do you mind if I add this to the Marketplace thread? We have some prices already listed there, but they may be a year and a half or couple of years old.
Sure, go ahead.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #2844
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

Hot cocoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I'll probably just go ahead and pack some just in case. I would rather have it and not need it and need it and not have it. Luckily, we're driving so it's no biggie just to go ahead and bring it. He is so obsessed about making sure he can get hot chocolate, that if he can't get it at the Beach Club, he would rather move to the Pop Century. Ummm, no, mommy can just pack some and we'll make it in the room.
There is a thread called "All new BC Marketplace Thread: 2012 Update" here on the Resorts board. Post # 3 clearly shows a Hot Cocoa machine in the picture. However, if it's that important to him, then I probably would bring a few packets just in case. What if the machine happens to be broken during your trip?

This might be a link to the picture:

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...55&postcount=3

Old 04-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #2845
corylee12
Earning My Ears

Yy
Old 04-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #2846
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
There is a thread called "All new BC Marketplace Thread: 2012 Update" here on the Resorts board. Post # 3 clearly shows a Hot Cocoa machine in the picture. However, if it's that important to him, then I probably would bring a few packets just in case. What if the machine happens to be broken during your trip?

This might be a link to the picture:

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...55&postcount=3
Thank you. I didn't even think about looking at the Marketplace threads because it wasn't listed on the menu. Someone on the Resort Changer thread suggested I look there, and luckily found it. I am going to do like you suggested though and bring some with us. I don't know if I've said it on this thread or not, but he was diagnosed as having mild Autism Spectrum Disorder. He can get fixated on something and for some reason having hot chocolate easily available at our WDW resort is one of them right now. We're driving, so I'm just going to pack some just in case. There are enough reasons at WDW for him to have a meltdown, so I'm trying to prevent the ones I know I can ahead of time.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #2847
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hello BC/YC Lovers!!!!!

Just popping in from our wonderful room at YC!!!

I plan on doing a trip report when I'm back, but since we still have 7 days left I wanted to do a quickie update.

Our room is very nice! We booked SV CL and I'm not sure if what we ended up with is just a really good GV or in fact a water view but it's beautiful!!!

Here's our view:

Oh! And we were Family of the Day!

And....the shower heads look like this...(for the PP who asked)

And the beers in the CL lounge are Heineken, Bud Light, Sam Summer, and Yeungling.

We do think the YC is a beautiful resort!!

More to come later!
Love the pictures! Congrats on being family of the day! How did you do it? My family would love that...but then again I am sure any family would love that. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 04-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #2848
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
One step closer to making our summer BC trip a reality... Looking at the flights, and coordinating with my DD arriving from visiting my sister out west, I think that it is likely that we will be arriving very late at night on our first night there. SO, I think it is sensible to stay at Pop the first night and let Bell Services transfer our luggage. If we do manage CL, that will save us about $500, which I think is well worth the annoyance of not being able to unpack upon arrival. I know a lot of you guys have done this (Ninja Mom?) - was it worth it?
Yay! Wish we were there at the same time. We've had such fun times on these boards...

Old 04-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #2849
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We have always gotten a real pack n play when requesting one.

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #2850
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

oh, I've already the DH that I will require at least one Pina CoLAVA on of pool to help with the FL September heat.

My main concern is our youngest DS. He has mild Autism Spectrum Disorder and I'm trying to solve anything that I can foresee him having a meltdown over before we go. I'll just need to buy better swim shoes than we did last time. For our June trip this last year, I just bought whatever the cheapest swim shoes I found at Wal Mart. The soles came out, and then wouldn't go back in properly. As you were walking, the soles would bunch up and the shoes were very uncomfortable to wear without the soles. This caused a couple of meltdowns on that trip. I'll just have to do some research and find some better ones.
I am not sure if you have ever tried the water shoes from lands end but they have always worked really well for my kids.

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: