Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #2731
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177
I didn't even think to ask the school. I figure when they give birth/parent my child they can have an opinion. I do try to make it educational. But family time is important too. They'd be hard pressed to get charges to stick here, it's an affluent school where I know people travel quite a bit. Any lawyer would be able to argue that (I think??). Hmmm. Eek!
We can get excused for five days for educational trip, after that they are unexcused and I think it is three unexcused absences in a quarter results in fines, although the principal does have some discretion with that portion.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #2732
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaninou View Post
19 days to go!

And we really need it!
My husband's grandfather just passed away :-( totally unexpected ...
The last days have been really tough.
We need some magical holidays now!
My DH is turning 40 tomorrow, hope he will enjoy a little bit the surprised i had plan for him.

I was really happy to read the threads this week, i was able to disconnect from the sad news...
Thanks to you :-)
Very sorry for your sudden loss. .
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #2733
jemh628
Mouseketeer

duplicate

Last edited by jemh628; 04-20-2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: duplicate post
Old 04-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #2734
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
19 days to go!

And we really need it!
My DH is turning 40 tomorrow, hope he will enjoy a little bit the surprised i had plan for him.

I was really happy to read the threads this week, i was able to disconnect from the sad news...
Sorry for your loss
Old 04-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #2735
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Snowing? Seriously?
Yeah...just flurries...but we live in Central IL- it's usually 70's-80's here this time of the year...so very depressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
I didn't even think to ask the school. I figure when they give birth/parent my child they can have an opinion. I do try to make it educational. But family time is important too. They'd be hard pressed to get charges to stick here, it's an affluent school where I know people travel quite a bit. Any lawyer would be able to argue that (I think??). Hmmm. Eek!
Our school is pretty lenient- as long as as it's not during standardized testing week, and you talk with the teachers to get homework before you go, they're pretty cool with you taking your kids out. Although, as they get older, the stress of catching up all the work, starts to put a pall on the vacation- so we haven't done it lately. But DD11 will be missing half days 4/5 of the last days of school to perform in a play (one of those days, her class will be going to the show, so she won't be missing anything!)
Old 04-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #2736
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

So exciting for all of you going so soon! We still have 47 more days to go here. I already have suitcases out and started shopping for toiletries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurdav View Post
I am ready for the time to get here. It has been a long eventful day and I so wish I was in Disney living in a Fantasyland.

My town of 5000 people was hit by 6 inches of rain in 5 hours yesterday. The town is flooded. Thankfully I live in the country and away from the flood waters. I am the director of a food pantry in town. That building is presently under 2-3 feet of water. It breaks my heart to think of all the food we will have to throw away. Many families have lost their homes and they could use the food but we will have to throw it away. I hope to get into the building on Sunday to take a first look at the damage.

Hurry up days and get here. I could use a vacation.
You must be near us! We had a hospital nearby and a town evacuate. A lot of damage to several homes and businesses. Then the crazier weather got crazier with snow yesterday!!! So buying some suntan lotion for our June trip was helpful for my mental status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
Yes I did! I just wrote one line about opportunities to learn about the French culture in France in the World Showcase, I kid you not. But I've been filling this form out for years.
Our DD16 on her first "pulling our kid out of school" trip at age 10 had one teacher giving us a little guilt. Well she had a solar power presentation due shortly when she got back so we took some photos of Ellen's Energy (and I think Spaceship Earth) and she included the concept of these rides in her report. We also got some solar power Disney bobble heads that she had as well. She got an A and showed how educational Disney can be!

Now I'm going to re-scroll the picture of the Y&BC because I need positive warm thoughts!!!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 04-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #2737
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Congrats on your trip .

I'm always surprised at what you all have to go thru to get permission to take your children out if school! Wow.
Here, it's the parents business if they want to take their children out of school for a family holiday, not the school boards. Not to sound naive, but they'd really arrest you for taking a family holiday?? sorry to sound stupid, but that doesn't happen here.
I, too am amazed a this. I am retired teacher and had may students go to Disney. I just ha them keep some type of journal and bring in pictures.
We treat our children and grandchildren to a trip every year. Two years ago my son' daughter from his first marriage was taken out of school for our trip. We went for at her birthday in November. Her mother got letter from the school 2 weeks later letting her know that any more unexcused absences that year would result in the mother going to court! I was shocked. They live in Newnan, GA. Needless to say, Madyson will only be abe to come on trips during school vacation time now.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #2738
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Not really a "resort" question, but since you guys know everything......Where in the World can you get frappacino's? My husband likes to get them everyday we are on vacation. I know where you can get them at Disneyland and California Adventure but where can we get them at WDW?

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 04-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #2739
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
We ate in the ball room. It was lovely. The west wing looked really neat too and was a bit less crowded. If you eat in the west wing make sure to check out the ripped picture of the prince. Every 7 or 8 minutes there is a thunderstorm and the picture transforms into a picture of the beast. The enchanted rose is very cool too.

Three people in our family had the ham and gruyere cheese sandwiches. Very large and very yummy! My son had the kids turkey sandwich and really liked it.

For dessert my dh and I had the chocolate cream puffs which were SO GOOD! And the kids both loved the triple chocolate cupcakes.

My biggest recommendation is to walk around the restaurant and check out all the little details. We were really impressed by everything!
Thanks CT Disney! The sandwich you had sounds right up my alley! My plan for my aunt & myself is to do lunch there on our MK Day & Ohana for dinner. Now I need to figure out the best time to get into lunch line! Did you get pictures with the beast too?

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 04-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #2740
dad2bkcs
Earning My Ears

Thankful for all the walking we do at Disney, otherwise I think the average weight gain would be 15 lbs! Everyone posts such great food experiences!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #2741
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
GRRR!!!

When my oldest son was in 4th grade, we took him out of school for a cruise. On his next report card, his teacher wrote "Nate has not been working hard in school since returning from his trip"
Well, she was probably jealous!

At least our trip is toward the end of May so there is not much school year to "slack off" in after that!

Oh, and can you please do a tutorial on multi-quote???

Old 04-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #2742
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
I wish we were on the same bus....but our flight doesn't land until 4:30pm. Yes, we are flying from CA. Our flight leaves CA at 6:30AM (what was I thinking???) and we do need to make one plane change. There is a 3 hour difference between CA and FL, so I guess we will actually land at 1:30 CA time. We are excited!!! This is our first trip. Maybe we will see you there. Just look for the young senior couple with big smiles!!!

Jan
Haha! Flying in from CA, I'd be looking for a 5:00 a.m. flight... I can never get to WDW soon enough. Have a safe trip.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #2743
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
Well, she was probably jealous!

At least our trip is toward the end of May so there is not much school year to "slack off" in after that!

Oh, and can you please do a tutorial on multi-quote???
You know I have one already, right???

Not sure if it works on phone apps, but here are the directions:

How do I...

Multi-quote more than one post?
There are 3 buttons on the bottom right corner of every post. The normal Quote button, the Multi Quote button ("+) and the Quick Reply button (scroll and quill). Click the middle Multi Quote button ("+) on all of the posts you want to quote. The buttons will backlight red when you select it. When you have selected all of the posts, go to the bottom of the page and click on the POST REPLY button. You will be taken to a Dialog box where all of the posts will be quoted, ready for your answers.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #2744
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bkcs View Post
Thankful for all the walking we do at Disney, otherwise I think the average weight gain would be 15 lbs! Everyone posts such great food experiences!
No kidding! We actually wore pedometers one trip to see just how much walking we were doing- I think we hit 12,000 steps minimum everyday, and Epcot was 18,000 (but still managed to gain a pound or too from all the noshing! :lol: )
Old 04-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #2745
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
19 days to go!

And we really need it!

Sorry to hear of your sudden loss. Your husband is lucky to have you.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: