Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #2716
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628

Did you have to write about the educational opportunities she would be exposed to? I think I pondered over that part of our form for several days lol
Yes I did! I just wrote one line about opportunities to learn about the French culture in France in the World Showcase, I kid you not. But I've been filling this form out for years.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #2717
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo View Post
I just had to say how much I appreciate this thread and how pleasant everyone is...and willing to share info. I recently, like 2 days ago, also subscribed to another thread that shall not be named When I clicked on it today, it was a literal war zone...people fighting over whose info was MORE correct and accusing others of false info to discourage people from going during their week to WDW....for 4 pages! This thread seems more like family, you all are looking out for each other , ESP for those in Boston, which has sadly turned into an actual war zone this week. So, although I don't post much and mostly just read, I truly enjoy becoming part of this group! Thank you all!!
We try really hard to keep this a positive and friendly thread. Thanks for noticing and commenting. I believe that providing information and providing friendship do not have to be mutually exclusive endeavors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmom View Post
Do they have one for the YC???
Yes, check the YC Rooms Post on Page 1. It might be the 7th or 8th post. Just remember that the map is somewhat outdated and the only available view categories when the map was created were Standard View and Water View (no Garden View)

ETA: Disney Zone Archived Room Layout Map for Yacht Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by goddesserika18 View Post
I have a garden view room in beach club. what is a good room to request or area to stay in?
What is important to you and your family? Full balcony? Close to lobby/pool/transportation? Close to EPCOT? Best view available in the category? Daybed?

Some of the BC GV rooms have a woods view and are very close to the walkway to EPCOT (but are a bit of a walk to the lobby/SAB/transportation)

Another area overlooks the courtyard by the volleyball court- closer to lobby than the woods view rooms.

Another section of GV rooms overlook the back entrance (lakeside) of BC. This location has rooms close to the lobby and heart of BC.

There is a BC room views thread on the Resort Photo Subforum. There are a few examples of GV there. I have more that I will post when I have the time, not sure when that will be.

Last edited by natebenma; 04-20-2013 at 05:41 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #2718
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
Call me a bad Mama but DD's vacation... ahem Educational Trip was accepted by the Superintendent. So we are going to Disney World with no risk of arrest of parents' upon our return!!! Well we won't be arrested for aiding and abetting a truant at least.
Congrats on your trip .

I'm always surprised at what you all have to go thru to get permission to take your children out if school! Wow.
Here, it's the parents business if they want to take their children out of school for a family holiday, not the school boards. Not to sound naive, but they'd really arrest you for taking a family holiday?? sorry to sound stupid, but that doesn't happen here.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 04-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #2719
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Congrats on your trip .

I'm always surprised at what you all have to go thru to get permission to take your children out if school! Wow.
Here, it's the parents business if they want to take their children out of school for a family holiday, not the school boards. Not to sound naive, but they'd really arrest you for taking a family holiday?? sorry to sound stupid, but that doesn't happen here.
I too am amazed at what some parents have to deal with when it comes to this.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #2720
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Three weeks from this moment we'll be landing at MCO! I pulled out our suitcases, attached luggage tags and bought/separated all toiletries. This will be the longest three weeks ever....
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUFamily View Post
Five weeks for us!! CAN NOT WAIT!!!! Hope the weeks fly by for you both and you have wonderful vacations!!
[QUOTE=1coolnini;48154572]We will be behind you by 7 days. 4 weeks from this moment we should be on the ME heading to BC.

Jan[/QUOTE

Congrats to all of you I wish August would hurry up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo View Post
I just had to say how much I appreciate this thread and how pleasant everyone is...and willing to share info. I recently, like 2 days ago, also subscribed to another thread that shall not be named When I clicked on it today, it was a literal war zone...people fighting over whose info was MORE correct and accusing others of false info to discourage people from going during their week to WDW....for 4 pages! This thread seems more like family, you all are looking out for each other , ESP for those in Boston, which has sadly turned into an actual war zone this week. So, although I don't post much and mostly just read, I truly enjoy becoming part of this group! Thank you all!!
glad you like it here!

Quote:
We're also exactly 4 weeks from today. We're scheduled to arrive at 1:50 p.m. Are you arriving later from CA? It would be funny if we ended up onthe same ME bus!
Almost there.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 04-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #2721
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M

Congrats on your trip .

Yes, it is really messed up. I'm not saying they would but they can. I think it was 2nd grade when Kayla was sick all the time. Strep, stomach bug, strep again. Anyway she accumulated almost 10 absences. With the exception of strep, I didn't take her to the doctor. I received a letter that if she went over 10 absences she would be considered Truant. It is royally messed up.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #2722
Vaninou
Earning My Ears

19 days to go!

And we really need it!
My husband's grandfather just passed away :-( totally unexpected ...
The last days have been really tough.
We need some magical holidays now!
My DH is turning 40 tomorrow, hope he will enjoy a little bit the surprised i had plan for him.

I was really happy to read the threads this week, i was able to disconnect from the sad news...
Thanks to you :-)
October 83: WDW (Hilton) - July 87: WDW (Hilton) - April 94: DL Paris (New Port Bay Club) - December 95: WDW (Yacht Club) - September 98: DL (Offsite) - May 09: DL Paris (Offsite) - May 10: WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge) - October 10: DL (Offsite) - May 12: WDW (Beach Club Villas) - May 13: WDW (Beach Club Villas) - December 2013: DL Paris (Disneyland Hotel)
Next Trip May 2015 WDW Beach Club Club Level
Old 04-20-2013, 06:20 AM   #2723
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
7 days til we break out our 99 day countdown calendar! It's snowing today I guess they balance each other out.
Snowing? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerish View Post
We would like to eat at Cape May for dinner during our Beach Club. In order for some of our more particular eaters to get enough food, it would be helpful if we could be there on a night that they are serving fried shrimp. Have done some searching and get conflicting information, used to be Sat night, but is now Wednesday and Sunday?

Does anyone know for sure?
BUMP!

Let us know if you have been to Cape May Clambake, which night of the week and if shrimp was served that night. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajfamily View Post
We are here now and storm along bay has been closed since around 3:00. I can't seem to get a straight story. Just hoping it opens tomorrow....
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Just asked a CM and she told me there was some sort of "emergency" and that it would be closed until tomorrow. She didn't seem willing to give any details so I didn't push it. She did say that the BWI pool is available to BC and YC guests who want to use it.

I'm just glad we used the pool this morning before the shut-down. And tomorrow morning we head back to CT...boo hoo.

I'll post a more extended trip report when I get home. Awesome vacation!!
Please let us know when the pool reopens. Hope it is very soon for you.

CT Disney- safe travels home!

Quote:
Call me a bad Mama but DD's vacation... ahem Educational Trip was accepted by the Superintendent. So we are going to Disney World with no risk of arrest of parents' upon our return!!! Well we won't be arrested for aiding and abetting a truant at least.
GRRR!!!

When my oldest son was in 4th grade, we took him out of school for a cruise. On his next report card, his teacher wrote "Nate has not been working hard in school since returning from his trip"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurdav View Post
I am ready for the time to get here. It has been a long eventful day and I so wish I was in Disney living in a Fantasyland.

My town of 5000 people was hit by 6 inches of rain in 5 hours yesterday. The town is flooded. Thankfully I live in the country and away from the flood waters. I am the director of a food pantry in town. That building is presently under 2-3 feet of water. It breaks my heart to think of all the food we will have to throw away. Many families have lost their homes and they could use the food but we will have to throw it away. I hope to get into the building on Sunday to take a first look at the damage.

Hurry up days and get here. I could use a vacation.
to this thread! When is your trip? October?

Prayers to your community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinintexas View Post
I had a standard room booked at the BC but decided to save $90 with a garden view room at YC. We have stayed at BWV, CSR, PRFQ, Pop, and WL. Our favorite location was the BWV so we are super excited!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaninou View Post
19 days to go!

And we really need it!
My DH is turning 40 tomorrow, hope he will enjoy a little bit the surprised i had plan for him.

I was really happy to read the threads this week, i was able to disconnect from the sad news...
So sorry to hear about your husband's grandfather- sending healing thoughts to your family!
Old 04-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #2724
Vaninou
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

So sorry to hear about your husband's grandfather- sending healing thoughts to your family!
Thanks a lot
October 83: WDW (Hilton) - July 87: WDW (Hilton) - April 94: DL Paris (New Port Bay Club) - December 95: WDW (Yacht Club) - September 98: DL (Offsite) - May 09: DL Paris (Offsite) - May 10: WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge) - October 10: DL (Offsite) - May 12: WDW (Beach Club Villas) - May 13: WDW (Beach Club Villas) - December 2013: DL Paris (Disneyland Hotel)
Next Trip May 2015 WDW Beach Club Club Level
Old 04-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #2725
goddesserika18
disneycrazed

I am staying at a gardenview room. I would like I guess to be close to the pool and lobby area and if possibly close to the epcot walkway if that's possible. wat area is a good area?
Old 04-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #2726
triciari
DIS Veteran

Shrimp at cape may on Sunday, for sure. Then, it's either Wednesday or Thursday - cant remember. But, the crab was so good, that that's all I had!! (Well, along with their delicious salad. Oh, and a few samples of dessert!)
Old 04-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #2727
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goddesserika18 View Post
I am staying at a gardenview room. I would like I guess to be close to the pool and lobby area and if possibly close to the epcot walkway if that's possible. wat area is a good area?
The rooms that will be close to the lobby/transportation will not be close to the rooms that are near the EPCOT walkway.

For rooms close to lobby/transportation/SAB "Overlooking back entrance (lakeside) courtyard please"

For rooms close to EPCOT walkway "Near EPCOT, please"

I believe the rooms that overlook the volleyball courtyard would be in the hallway in between the lobby/Marketplace and the EPCOT walkway exit, so that may be your best bet for a request.

"Overlooking volleyball courtyard, please"

Not sure of the room numbers for this area, or if there is another way to state these requests.

Last edited by natebenma; 04-20-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #2728
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciari View Post
Shrimp at cape may on Sunday, for sure. Then, it's either Wednesday or Thursday - cant remember. But, the crab was so good, that that's all I had!! (Well, along with their delicious salad. Oh, and a few samples of dessert!)
We ate at Cape May on a Thursday when we were there in February and they did not have fried shrimp that night.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 04-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #2729
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaninou View Post
19 days to go!

And we really need it!

So sorry for your loss.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #2730
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

I didn't even think to ask the school. I figure when they give birth/parent my child they can have an opinion. I do try to make it educational. But family time is important too. They'd be hard pressed to get charges to stick here, it's an affluent school where I know people travel quite a bit. Any lawyer would be able to argue that (I think??). Hmmm. Eek!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: