Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #2326
AliceIn
DIS Veteran
 
AliceIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 1,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
My DS is turning 16 while we are on vacation. I did tell the CM when I booked our reservation. What does the hotel usually do? Do they get a pin to wear? (LOL! He'll hate that! But-who cares!) Is there anything else special that happens?
Definitely a pin. If he wears the pin all day, everybody will say happy birthday, which I'm SURE would be an absolutely MUST DO for a 16 year old boy.

I know if you put the birthday in the ADR they will sometimes do something special for you. My daughter got an extra special dessert at dinner.
__________________
Me, DH, DS 13, DS 10, DD 9



AliceIn is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #2327
LeahA
DIS Veteran
 
LeahA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 2,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Definitely a pin. If he wears the pin all day, everybody will say happy birthday, which I'm SURE would be an absolutely MUST DO for a 16 year old boy.

I know if you put the birthday in the ADR they will sometimes do something special for you. My daughter got an extra special dessert at dinner.
LOL! He doesn't know about the pin yet, it will be a surprise! I did my ADR's online, can I put it on the reservation or should I call?
__________________
PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-KIDANI VILLAGE X2
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-JAMBO HOUSE
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #2328
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post

LOL! He doesn't know about the pin yet, it will be a surprise! I did my ADR's online, can I put it on the reservation or should I call?
If you find it online I would Love to know. My DD will be celebrating her Sweet 16 during out trip and it looks like I have to call and Adc that to my ADRs
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #2329
AliceIn
DIS Veteran
 
AliceIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 1,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
LOL! He doesn't know about the pin yet, it will be a surprise! I did my ADR's online, can I put it on the reservation or should I call?
I believe I put it on my ADRs after the fact last year using the old dining site. I don't know if the new version works the same way. I'd probably call just to be sure they got the celebration right.
__________________
Me, DH, DS 13, DS 10, DD 9



AliceIn is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #2330
LeahA
DIS Veteran
 
LeahA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 2,359

How is the drawer space at the Beach Club? We are in a standard view room with 2 queen beds and a daybed. When I look at the photos there doesn't seem to be alot of drawer space.
__________________
PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-KIDANI VILLAGE X2
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-JAMBO HOUSE
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #2331
pixarmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

I have just added "Investigate brands of beer and wine available for purchase at The Marketplace and Fittings and Fairings, along with approx. prices" to my mission list for anyone who wants to investigate.

Pixarmom- don't know if you can zoom in enough on your photos to see any of the brands.
First, love the Ben photos!! Second, if anyone knows of any RunDisney trip reports or pre-trip reports, please let me know! Does someone have the link to Amanda's?

Here's what I have from the BC Marketplace photos:

Wine
Sutter Home Chardonnay $6.95
Sutter Home Pinot Grigio $6.95
Beringer White Zin $6.95
A full bottle of Chardonnay - can't tell the price or the brand
Ecco Donati Pinot Grigio (full bottle) $14.95
Allen Scott Sauvignon Blanc (full bottle) $18.95
Boheme Chardonnay (full bottle) $19.95
Fairy Tale Celebration Cuvee (full bottle) $34.95
Cypress Vineyards White Zin $14.95

Parker Station Pinot Noir
Parducci Merlot
Jekel (it's a red - maybe a cab since the others are Merlot and Pinot)

Beer
Bud
Bud Light
Miller
Miller Light
Coors (not sure if light)
Heineken
Corona extra
Smirnoff something
Mike's Hard Lemonade
One more beer, but I don't recognize the label and can't read it



__________________
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is online now  
Old 04-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #2332
pixarmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
How is the drawer space at the Beach Club? We are in a standard view room with 2 queen beds and a daybed. When I look at the photos there doesn't seem to be alot of drawer space.
We pack light, so drawer space is never an issue for our family of five. Actually, I usually line up our suitcases at the bottom of the closet and have most things organized in there. But on occasion (for longer stays) we'll use the drawers.

In a standard room, we have this space:



And then a chest of drawers that looks like this:



I took that second photo in the 2-bedroom suite, but I think it looks like the same chest that we've had in our other BC rooms.
__________________
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is online now  
Old 04-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #2333
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran
 
luvpoohandcompany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 1,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
One step closer to making our BC trip happen! I think I can work out my DDs trip to visit my sister and going to Orlando, but it restricts our flight options to one on the trip down. I have to speak to some seasoned travelers and see if it can work. She was scheduled to return with my sister from Edmonton, changing planes in Toronto. If I can get my sister to get her on an earlier flight, she can arrive in Toronto at 1 pm and we can all get the 3:30 flight to Orlando. She will be unaccompanied on that one leg but I should be able to meet her at the gate if we are on an earlier flight in to Toronto. Is this madness???
Definitely sounds doable to me I often think airside is possibly the safest place on the planet as everyone has just gone through security etc and your daughter sounds like she is mature enough to cope
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
First, love the Ben photos!! Second, if anyone knows of any RunDisney trip reports or pre-trip reports, please let me know! Does someone have the link to Amanda's?

Here's what I have from the BC Marketplace photos:

Wine
Sutter Home Chardonnay $6.95
Sutter Home Pinot Grigio $6.95
Beringer White Zin $6.95
A full bottle of Chardonnay - can't tell the price or the brand
Ecco Donati Pinot Grigio (full bottle) $14.95
Allen Scott Sauvignon Blanc (full bottle) $18.95
Boheme Chardonnay (full bottle) $19.95
Fairy Tale Celebration Cuvee (full bottle) $34.95
Cypress Vineyards White Zin $14.95

Parker Station Pinot Noir
Parducci Merlot
Jekel (it's a red - maybe a cab since the others are Merlot and Pinot)

Beer
Bud
Bud Light
Miller
Miller Light
Coors (not sure if light)
Heineken
Corona extra
Smirnoff something
Mike's Hard Lemonade
One more beer, but I don't recognize the label and can't read it



I'm subscribed to Amanda's reports but how do I post a link??
luvpoohandcompany is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #2334
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other
 
Aliceacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,401

Anyone going in June: The Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party opened up yesterday for June. If you haven't ever tried it, you may want to look into getting ADRs before they're gone. We just LOVE it
__________________
DH: me: DS (16) , DD (14): DD (11):


I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #2335
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer
 
medicgirl177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Saratoga Springs. New York
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
Anyone going in June: The Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party opened up yesterday for June. If you haven't ever tried it, you may want to look into getting ADRs before they're gone. We just LOVE it
We're spending Mothers Day evening there. Really hoping to catch Wishes. any suggestions since from anyone who has been able to go? I was surprised we were able to get reservations a week after ADR's opened, but we went through IPO and they set it up. I'm pretty excited!
__________________
Me DH DD (12) , DS (7)



medicgirl177 is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #2336
melindae10
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 80

We are going to Ohana for dinner and I have some questions about getting there. I would like to take the monorail. Should we take a bus to the front of the Epcot, or walk through? My parents are huge walkers so walking is not a problem for us but just want to make things simple. On our way back, I see that everything closes at 9:00, can we still walk through? Can we still take the monorail to Epcot? Our reservation is at 6:00, so it might not even be an issue, but also don't want to feel rushed. We do have park hoppers so that is not an issue at all.
melindae10 is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #2337
wdwlver
DIS Veteran
 
wdwlver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by melindae10 View Post
We are going to Ohana for dinner and I have some questions about getting there. I would like to take the monorail. Should we take a bus to the front of the Epcot, or walk through? My parents are huge walkers so walking is not a problem for us but just want to make things simple. On our way back, I see that everything closes at 9:00, can we still walk through? Can we still take the monorail to Epcot? Our reservation is at 6:00, so it might not even be an issue, but also don't want to feel rushed. We do have park hoppers so that is not an issue at all.
You can't take bus to front of Epcot. You'd have to walk through IG and head to front of park. We always eat at o'hana at least once per trip and on those nights we usually take a cab there and either to go mk after dinner or take monorail back to Epcot and then make our way back through IG. If you don't want to walk through Epcot or take a cab, you can take bus to mk and either monorail or boat from there to poly.
__________________



Disney Trips
2014 - GFV & YC - 2013 - BC & BCV - 2012 - GF, BCV - 2011 - BCV, YC - 2010 - POLY & BCV - 2009 - BWV & BCV - 2008 - BWI & BWV, 2007 - BWV, 2006 - BWV & BCV,2005 - SSR & YC, 2004 - WL,2003 - Swan,2002 - WL,2001 - AKL,2000 - GF,1999 - WL & YC,1997 - WL,1994 - GF,1993 - GF & BC,1992 - GF,1991 - CR & BC, - & many trips to DLR
wdwlver is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #2338
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other
 
Aliceacc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 11,401

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
We're spending Mothers Day evening there. Really hoping to catch Wishes. any suggestions since from anyone who has been able to go? I was surprised we were able to get reservations a week after ADR's opened, but we went through IPO and they set it up. I'm pretty excited!

We love it! You'll be assigned to a numbered table. They only admit something like 50 people, so there really are no bad seats. There's a photopass photgrapher there too, so we've gotten some amazing picture with the castle in the background.

When Tinkerbell flies overheard, be sure to look up; she flies right over your head!!!

They'll give you a bracelet, so you can come and go from the bathrooms by the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station.

You have only a so-so view of the parade, so plan on really seeing it another night if possible. But I LOVE the view of Wishes!!


Have fun!
__________________
DH: me: DS (16) , DD (14): DD (11):


I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #2339
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
We love it! You'll be assigned to a numbered table. They only admit something like 50 people, so there really are no bad seats. There's a photopass photgrapher there too, so we've gotten some amazing picture with the castle in the background.

When Tinkerbell flies overheard, be sure to look up; she flies right over your head!!!

They'll give you a bracelet, so you can come and go from the bathrooms by the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station.

You have only a so-so view of the parade, so plan on really seeing it another night if possible. But I LOVE the view of Wishes!!


Have fun!
We are doing the dessert party for the first time 1 week from today! I'm excited as Wishes is my absolute favorite thing in Disney.

I didn't know there was a Photopass photographer up there, so that's cool!!! Can't wait to get some neat pictures!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #2340
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMomx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hamilton Square, NJ
Posts: 11,094

We've done the Dessert party three times and love it!

Keep your fingers crossed for me - we are waiting for it to open for July. Hoping to get July 3 to see the preview of the 4th of July fireworks!
__________________
Robyn

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: