Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #2296
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post

There are only 9 of these rooms and I think they all have full balconies.
Thank you!

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 04-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #2297
brajfamily
Mousketeer

Thanks Teena!!

April 2013 - BC, April 2012 - BC, July 2011 - BC, Feb 2011 - BC, Nov 2010 - OLCC, June 2010 - OLCC, April 2010 - Poly, April 2009 - CBR, Feb 2009 - Poly, April 2008 - Pop, April 2007 - OLCC, March 2006 - OLCC, April 2003 - OLCC, April 2001 - CBR, April 2000 - off-site
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #2298
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Still way behind! I have mostly lurked for the past few days and I have 20 pages I need to catch up on. YIKES!!!

Although most of the performances for Pom Pom Zombies were last weekend, the kids did one more show for the middle school student body today and I finally got a picture of Ben as Skipper, the long lost captain who has been missing for 30 years.

And to make this post relevant to this thread, I have also included a photo of Flat Ben (and StephH's sons) being named Captains of the Day at the Yacht Club- obviously taken before Flat Ben/Skipper was marooned.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #2299
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

budget cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
[SIZE="3"] Being in Ithaca the small regional airports are convenient as far as location but extremely limited when it comes to choice.
Since Ithaca is on the list of "you don't really need air traffic controllers anymore" airports, I'd stick with Syracuse.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #2300
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You can fax it 5 days before but I wouldn't. The room assignor really just looks at the reservation comments. They don't have time to do the reservation comments plus go through a pile of faxes every day ... no rooms would ever get assigned.

Best way to get your full balcony:
(1) Make sure "full balcony requested" is on your reservation (call reservations and confirm about two weeks before your arrival date) and not a lot of other requests too.
(2) Do a regular check-in and when you get to the desk, tell the CM immediately that all you care about is a full balcony and that you don't care about getting in a room early or anything else. Tell them if one is not available today, then you would like to get one tomorrow --(if that's the case).
Are you saying not to do online check in?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #2301
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
Are you saying not to do online check in?
I'm telling you that I personally wouldn't do one. I'd rather talk to the CM at the desk, have her check all the options in case the room assigned to me doesn't have what I requested. When you do an on-line check-in, the room is assigned and the keys are already printed waiting for you. I'd rather take the time to talk to the CM and get my options. An on-line check-in is designed to walk up and take your keys and go.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #2302
kenly777
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm telling you that I personally wouldn't do one. I'd rather talk to the CM at the desk, have her check all the options in case the room assigned to me doesn't have what I requested. When you do an on-line check-in, the room is assigned and the keys are already printed waiting for you. I'd rather take the time to talk to the CM and get my options. An on-line check-in is designed to walk up and take your keys and go.
Does that suggestion apply to both cash and dvc reservations?

Thanks for all your great info

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
Old 04-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #2303
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777 View Post
Does that suggestion apply to both cash and dvc reservations?

Thanks for all your great info
Yes ... and you are very welcome.
You can still talk to a CM if you do an on-line check-in and ask these questions but it slows down the whole process.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #2304
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Still way behind! I have mostly lurked for the past few days and I have 20 pages I need to catch up on. YIKES!!!

Although most of the performances for Pom Pom Zombies were last weekend, the kids did one more show for the middle school student body today and I finally got a picture of Ben as Skipper, the long lost captain who has been missing for 30 years.

And to make this post relevant to this thread, I have also included a photo of Flat Ben (and StephH's sons) being named Captains of the Day at the Yacht Club- obviously taken before Flat Ben/Skipper was marooned.

. Enjoy these days, they go by so fast! My baby is graduating college in June. It seems like just yesterday I was watching her band preformances, sport games, etc in high school.

Quote:
You can fax it 5 days before but I wouldn't. The room assignor really just looks at the reservation comments. They don't have time to do the reservation comments plus go through a pile of faxes every day ... no rooms would ever get assigned.

Best way to get your full balcony:
(1) Make sure "full balcony requested" is on your reservation (call reservations and confirm about two weeks before your arrival date) and not a lot of other requests too.
(2) Do a regular check-in and when you get to the desk, tell the CM immediately that all you care about is a full balcony and that you don't care about getting in a room early or anything else. Tell them if one is not available today, then you would like to get one tomorrow --(if that's the case).
I knew you'd have a good answer
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 04-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #2305
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
First, feeling a little sad as our APs expire today. Actually, four of our APs expire today. My husband skipped our WDW visit in April last year, so we purchased his AP in October. The irony here is that the non-Disney fan of our family still has a valid AP. And even more ironic is that fact that we're upgrading his WDW AP to a Premier Pass in August so that we can get the DL discounts! In the past, I've upgraded mine to Premier for DL, but the timing worked out differently this time.

Love Southwest for this reason. Even though it's a credit instead of a refund, it's similar to a room-only reservation at Disney, because I'm comfortable booking knowing that I can take advantage of discounts that pop up later!

I like the idea of POFQ/boat launch - sounds like a relaxing way to get there! Has anyone tried to get a cab direct from AK to DTD? If no cabs, we'd go with the POFQ boat launch idea, or maybe bus to AK and cab from there to DTD.
So sad! I hate when AP exp. and ours will I think on the 3rd day of our Aug trip I'd love to get a Premier Pass and go to DL. But even though we live in the West Coast, it just doesn't happen (yet). But I'm working on it

Too bad SW rarely has good deals from here!

Love the POR/FQ boat to DTD. We used it a few times during our POFQ stay in January.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 04-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #2306
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
I haven't managed to read the thread for a few days, so I just paid the appropriate price of having to try to read all the posts to catch up. There is lots going on right now - lots of potential for some great meet ups, and some great potential for doses of some BC medicine to treat the things life is throwing people's way. I hope everyone gets the trip they need!

I need to keep this short so I can be the first to hop in the shower and then torture the teen with a nice good morning kiss, but I did want to post one thing....

I'm definitely in for the Jimmy Buffet meet up! (yet another post where I wish there was a GG Slushie emoticon)
Too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
We're in single digits today! Thanks to this thread, I am even more eager to experience the YC, if even for one night. (this is a "scouting" visit to see how we like it for future stays)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Tomorrow....tomorrow...tomorrow...

We leave tomorrow!

Thanks so much to everyone for all your help, tips, advice. Thanks to you we feel totally prepared to have a great vacation!
Congrats to you both on your upcoming trips!!

Old 04-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #2307
sab53085
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post

I am from Norwich originally

Where do you fly out of? Being in Ithaca the small regional airports are convenient as far as location but extremely limited when it comes to choice. Only two or three airlines and no direct flights to FL unless you can get to Elmira and don't mind flying into Sanford. Even then they only offer that schedule on specific dates. I've been flying in and out of Syracuse because it's cheaper and I love Jet Blue.
Normally I fly out of Binghamton but this year we are leaving from JFK.

1992 - Offsite ~ 1997 - Travelodge DTD ~ 1998 - Travelodge DTD ~ 2000 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2001 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2002 - Hilton DTD ~ 2009 - Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa ~ 2012 - POR Royal Room & WDW Dolphin ~ May 2013: POR Royal Room & Yacht Club ~ October 2013: Kidani Village & Coronado Springs ~ May 2014: Jambo House & Yacht Club
Old 04-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #2308
Feckless
DIS Veteran

One step closer to making our BC trip happen! I think I can work out my DDs trip to visit my sister and going to Orlando, but it restricts our flight options to one on the trip down. I have to speak to some seasoned travelers and see if it can work. She was scheduled to return with my sister from Edmonton, changing planes in Toronto. If I can get my sister to get her on an earlier flight, she can arrive in Toronto at 1 pm and we can all get the 3:30 flight to Orlando. She will be unaccompanied on that one leg but I should be able to meet her at the gate if we are on an earlier flight in to Toronto. Is this madness???

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 04-13-2013, 05:55 AM   #2309
Feckless
DIS Veteran

I should also say that my signature is out of date and DD will be heading for 13 and Grade 8 at the time of this trip and very independent.

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 04-13-2013, 06:34 AM   #2310
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Made it to page 145 so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolpenski View Post
We were Just there yesterday and they Had Yuengling, Heineken, Bud Light and Samuel Adams seasonal Alpine Spring.

And thanks, again for the very helpful info about the beer offerings!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Well I have been reviewing our ADRs, and can't wait to get to some of them!!! But, while looking over the menus I noticed that Sanaa isn't showing my FAVORITE dessert....Orange sesame cake.

I have been thinking about this cake since we got home last year.

Has anyone been as sad as me to see a favorite be replaced??? I really feel ridiculous to be so sad right now.

But the positive part of this post is that we are Sooooo close to double digits!!!!!
Ask Robyn about the key lime tart at Captain's Grille.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zup2002 View Post
This thread has been very informative!!! We head down to the YC in less that 60 days and I'm trying to get my game plan on. This will be my first trip to Disney and it is very overwhelming for me. I am very accustomed to lazy beach vacations and I'm trying to wrap my head around having to wait in lines. (well that and making dining reservations 180 days out (although we were just over 100 days out when we booked.)

Finally, I see that Yuengling is available at CL but is it available at the Marketplace? Yuengling is a special treat for us since we don't live in an area they distribute to and I would love to have some bottles in the Room for DH to enjoy after the girls go to sleep. I've also booked an Illuminations Cruise and would like to have some drinks to take on it.

Thanks!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1. June?

I have just added "Investigate brands of beer and wine available for purchase at The Marketplace and Fittings and Fairings, along with approx. prices" to my mission list for anyone who wants to investigate.

Pixarmom- don't know if you can zoom in enough on your photos to see any of the brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoof View Post
hi teena! we saw you on our stay at the bc in 08! you were so nice! we hope to do a trip to wdw in sept please let us know how your cruise on the fantasy is. we have never cruised but have put some serious thought on a disney cruise. have a great trip!

It looks like you don't have any firm plans in place, but let us know when you book a trip, especially if it is a Yacht or Beach Club stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
Oh, LOL a cruise (my brain is fried!!)!!

I would LOVE to!! I just have to convince my fraidy cat wife that the Perfect Storm isn't going to take place when we are out at sea!!!!

Jay
Speaking of perfect storms, Jay, how did you make out in October and over the winter? I think the last time you posted may have been prestorm and I have wondered if all was ok (and since learned about your other troubles)

Plum Island, near me, was really hit hard, although nothing like our NY/NJ friends experienced from Sandy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
Please add me to the BOG list....

BVC August 24-31 (following AKV)

We are driving from Rochester NY for a 2 week trip staying at Universal, Clearwater, AKV and BCV. AKV will be a new WDW resort to add to the notches in our Rafikki Stick. After that we need Poly, All Star (will cheat to count as one), Pop and AoA to say we've stayed in them all!

Will do!!!

Have you done the "Darkside" before? We visited in 2011 and my "Welcome Foolish Muggles" trip report describes the vacation and offers lots of tips. We are returning for a couple of days before our Beach Club trip this July (but don't tell Teena...)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: