Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #2251
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab53085 View Post
I live in Binghamton! I would never consider driving to WDW because I can't stand being in the car for more than 3 hours! Our flight for May 26 was only $280 R/T.
I am from Norwich originally

Where do you fly out of? Being in Ithaca the small regional airports are convenient as far as location but extremely limited when it comes to choice. Only two or three airlines and no direct flights to FL unless you can get to Elmira and don't mind flying into Sanford. Even then they only offer that schedule on specific dates. I've been flying in and out of Syracuse because it's cheaper and I love Jet Blue.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #2252
Vaninou
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post

Yes, on May 19th (Sunday). I start at 9:30 AM in the lobby of the BC.
The day of my bday :-)
Hope to see you there :-)
December 95: DW (Yacht Club)
September 98: DL (Offsite)
May 09: DL Paris (Offsite)
May 10: DW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
October 10: DL (Offsite)
May 12: DW (Beach Club Villas)
May 13: DW (Beach Club Villas)
December 2013: DL Paris (Disneyland Hotel)
May 2015 DW: Beach Club Club Level
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #2253
DisDad01
Earning My Ears

What a great day....today's my birthday and we are leaving in 10 days. Teena did I read that your off on a cruise....we are there from 4/21 - 4/27.

3 Trips as a child: Two at Fort Wilderness and one at the Contemporary
Old 04-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #2254
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDad01 View Post
What a great day....today's my birthday and we are leaving in 10 days. Teena did I read that your off on a cruise....we are there from 4/21 - 4/27.
Happy Birthday!!
Yep, going on the Disney Fantasy 4/20 and will return to port 4/27. I'll be back at work on 4/28. Sorry I'm going to miss you. Hope you have a magical vacation.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #2255
DisDad01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Happy Birthday!!
Yep, going on the Disney Fantasy 4/20 and will return to port 4/27. I'll be back at work on 4/28. Sorry I'm going to miss you. Hope you have a magical vacation.
Thank you. You too.

3 Trips as a child: Two at Fort Wilderness and one at the Contemporary
Old 04-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #2256
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDad01 View Post
Happy Birthday!!!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 04-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #2257
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post

You have to go to a hotel and transfer.

When I wanted to do this a few years ago, I went into Guest Relations at Animal Kingdom Park and asked how to get to Downtown Disney. They said there is no direct bus. They said that the best bus to take is Coronado Springs. I had thought the best option would be Animal Kingdom Lodge. They said no because there are two bus stops within Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I waited for the Coronado Springs bus. Some people got out of the line and switched to a different line, but I didn't think much of it.

I got on the Coronado Springs bus. I was surprised to discover that I had to stay on for 2 stops before getting off to wait for the Downtown Disney bus. I asked the bus driver. The bus driver said that’s why other people got out of line for the Coronado Springs bus and got in line for a different bus.

I never did find out which hotel would be the best.

It's like planning a flight - you want to go from Animal Kingdom Park to Downtown Disney with just one stop and a short layover. You don't want multiple stops. But you also don't want each leg of the trip to be too long just to avoid the multiple stops.
For what it's worth, I would probably take the bus to POFQ. There is only one stop and they don't share with POR for AK. Then you are super close to DTD and can either jump on the bus or (my preference) take a 5 minute walk to the boat launch and take the boat... It's a lovely ride if its a nice night. If you are going from AK it will be fairly early and you get a little peak at SSR and the Treehouses as well as POFQ. Either way it's probably your most direct route to DTD! Hope that helps!!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #2258
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Has anyone walked to the Fantasia Gardens mini golf from BC? It looks pretty close on the map and we received 4 free passes through AAA. It's not a must do, but if we feel like it, I thought I would figure out how far it was! Thanks!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #2259
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo View Post
Has anyone walked to the Fantasia Gardens mini golf from BC? It looks pretty close on the map and we received 4 free passes through AAA. It's not a must do, but if we feel like it, I thought I would figure out how far it was! Thanks!
Just walk to the Swan and Dolphin (out the back door of the BC and make a right at the lake). There is a walkway in between the Swan and Dolphin that takes you to the golf. I would estimate 10 minutes.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #2260
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just walk to the Swan and Dolphin (out the back door of the BC and make a right at the lake). There is a walkway in between the Swan and Dolphin that takes you to the golf. I would estimate 10 minutes.
Thank you Teena! Looking forward to meeting you in October!!! You have been so helpful...I read all of your tips (along with Dee's, Ninja Mom's, Pixarmom's, etc...)
I am so excited for this trip and thanks to all of you for helping to prepare me!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #2261
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Seriously??? We so went the wrong way.

We had to cross the road and everythin.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #2262
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babooagain View Post
Hooray! I will get to meet Teena! We arrive on August 19 and should be there around noon. So excited about our first BC stay!
Unless Bob runs out of vodka again.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #2263
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zup2002 View Post
Sorry - not sure how to do multiple quotes in one post yet.

I looked into Garden Grocer and I'm not sure that we will make it through a 12 pack. We are only there 6 nights and we are on the dining plan so I have a feeling that we are going to be stuffed as it is and I don't drink that much and we are planning on having some boat drinks at SAB.

How does the cost of the Gardern Grocer compare to using a personal shopping service? DD has a peanut allergy so I'm planning on packing most of our snacks but I think that we are going to need some juice boxes, water, cereal and yogurt once we get down there.
Garden Grocer has always been very good to us. We always get a case of water, I get sprite zero, greek yogurt, fruit and a few snacks for DH. They have been wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
I live in Syracuse, about 50 miles away from Rochester. And yes, i hate the drive to Orlando. 2 hrs vs. 25.... I'll take the flight anyday!

Was planning on it
I live in the Buffalo area and DH and I have done the drive several times. We leave around 2 or 3 pm and just drive straight through, however we fly most of the time now thanks to Southwest and their points...
driving stinks, not so much the drive down but DH tells me I am absolutely not fun on the way home

Quote:
Gotta love my husband. Yesterday he says, "Teena, I'm almost out of Vodka. Please book a cruise to St. Thomas ASAP." He thinks buying all his vodka in St. Thomas is cheaper than buying it in Florida (which it is of course but what about the price of the cruise).

So I couldn't not do what he says (only when it is about booking a cruise) ... we're sailing on the Fantasy in 10 days!!!!!!!!!

Anybody that will be at the Y&B 4/21 and 4/22, I'll now be off work and on the Fantasy. Sorry I'm going to miss you all.
Good for you Teena. Love the way Bob thinks . I am going to try this on DH tonight. I will tell him my tan is fading and we need to get to WDW asap

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 04-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #2264
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

My DH, 5 month old DS and I plan to stay at the Yacht Cub mid-November. The hotel res has been made, we just need to see how flight prices shake out before we decide on the exact dates. But I am super excited! We know to take it easy and just enjoy our trip... We are Disney experienced, but never with a little baby, or even really young kids.... Any advice will be appreciated.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #2265
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Can not wait to go to Disney World this year. My daughter has had a very rough year (she is 11). Her ankle started hurting in the summer (former gymnast and started doing all star cheer after she quit gymnastics). Her ankle was hurting off and on and by the end of September it was hurting almost every day.

Brought her to the ortho, X-rays and she was diagnosed with accessory navicular and posterior tibial tendonitis. Also known as navicular pain syndrome.

She has an extra bone on her navicular bone (bone that supports your arch) and this is causing the tendon to be inflamed.

She was put in a walking cast x 4 weeks followed by physical therapy. She quit All Star Cheer in November because the very mean coaches also had difficulty understanding what a doctor's excuse from tumbling/basing, etc.

Ankle felt better but never pain free through December. Started hurting with a vengence toward the end of January. Back to the ortho, this time we saw the Pedi ortho in the same group... He told me I was lucky my kid doesn't have leukemia and that there is nothing to do it will probably feel better when she stops growing. (she was about 54" at the time so I think she has a ways to go with that). He told us to take her to CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia), but had no doc recommendation. When my daughter asked him for a note for gym he said, "you just loaf off in gym anyway, don't you?" Sad thing is, I used to work with him when he was a resident and he was nice back then. He is an arrogant cotton headed ninny muggins now...

We brought her to CHOP a few days later and they put her in an air cast/walking cam boot for 4-6 weeks. At 4 weeks her pain was worse and the ortho there said another 4 weeks. I told her uh... no... she is worse now, not better. So we got an appt 2 weeks later with the Ortho Surgeon at CHOP (well after a lot of phone calls we got the appt). He put her in a non-weight bearing cast (which is actually helping) for 5 weeks. She has been in it for a week and instead of a kid crying every night in pain (always worse in the evening when tired and she's walked on it all day) I have a kid annoyed by her cast. Of course, I'll take the latter....

His hope is that we will calm down that tendon and we can avoid surgery. His concern with the surgery is that he removes the bone and the tendonitis doesn't go away. Not likely but possible.

We go back to him on 5/9/13, hopefully he will remove her cast then. Then she will start physical therapy again. We leave for WDW on 5/17/13. She doesn't think she'll do the slide (which is saying a LOT) but should be able to enjoy the rest of SAB. If she is still in the cast... then she will wear her Drycast swim and make the best of things.

We already have our wheelchair rental reserved through apple scooter for a great rate. We of course will bring our crutches and just let her decide when she "crutches," if/when she does some touch down weight bearing and when she rides in the chair.

We were unable to get an accessible shower for our week at the Beach Club or our 2 nights at Jambo but we have this suction arm rail that attaches to the shower wall.

But either way, very excited to have some free time with family at our favorite Resort in our favorite place.

I just feel like we need this vacation more than the others.

To those of you that deal with children or any loved one really with pain or disabilities on a daily basis I salute you. It really is so hard to watch the ones you love get so frustrated and have pain.

I am a nurse and deal with suffering in my patients daily, but that is in a different place in my life kept very separate from my personal life.

Anyway, can't wait to get there and see Teena and the bell staff. Love those guys such a helpful wonderful group.

We just can NOT wait. 35 days but whose counting????

Last edited by suemom2kay; 04-11-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: