Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #2236
zup2002
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever11709 View Post
You could do a garden grocer order and have yuengling delivered to your room along with some snacks and other items
Sorry - not sure how to do multiple quotes in one post yet.

I looked into Garden Grocer and I'm not sure that we will make it through a 12 pack. We are only there 6 nights and we are on the dining plan so I have a feeling that we are going to be stuffed as it is and I don't drink that much and we are planning on having some boat drinks at SAB.

How does the cost of the Gardern Grocer compare to using a personal shopping service? DD has a peanut allergy so I'm planning on packing most of our snacks but I think that we are going to need some juice boxes, water, cereal and yogurt once we get down there.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #2237
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
If you had to choose between Brown Derby or Yachtman, which would you pick? I like them both. Considering a signature TS for the trip with my aunt.

Also is there a DTD pick up at AK park? Or do you have to go back to a hotel to transfer to DTD?
Have only eaten at Brown Derby (and that was back in the 90's!!), but this year we are planning on trying Yachtsman since I am traveling with 2 carnivores.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #2238
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
I like Starring Rolls myself...but DH hates it, due to a little incident on our first trip with kids, where it was really crowded, and the tray ended up turning over and dumping everything to the floor...he let out a very loud non-Disney-like expletive and the whole place went silent with people staring at him...so he's very grumpy whenever I suggest it.
So THAT'S why they have the time out corner there!

Now we know....

~NM
Old 04-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #2239
sab53085
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
I grew up north of Binghamton and know the geography of central and western NY quite well. I will fly until the day I leave this Earth! There's not enough money in the universe anyone could pay me to drive to Florida! I can barely make it 6 hours to DC before I lose it.
I live in Binghamton! I would never consider driving to WDW because I can't stand being in the car for more than 3 hours! Our flight for May 26 was only $280 R/T.
1992 - Offsite ~ 1997 - Travelodge DTD ~ 1998 - Travelodge DTD ~ 2000 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2001 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2002 - Hilton DTD ~ 2009 - Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa ~ 2012 - POR Royal Room & WDW Dolphin ~ May 2013: POR Royal Room & Yacht Club ~ October 2013: Kidani Village & Coronado Springs ~ May 2014: Jambo House & Yacht Club ~ October 2014: POFQ, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Kidani Village
Old 04-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #2240
Babooagain
Earning My Ears

Hooray! I will get to meet Teena! We arrive on August 19 and should be there around noon. So excited about our first BC stay!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #2241
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you had to choose between Brown Derby or Yachtman, which would you pick? I like them both. Considering a signature TS for the trip with my aunt.

Also is there a DTD pick up at AK park? Or do you have to go back to a hotel to transfer to DTD?
I'd pick Brown Derby over Yachtsman although I like them both.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #2242
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I'd pick Brown Derby over Yachtsman although I like them both.
Teena will you be working during our stay at all? We are May 15 - 20....would like to say hello!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #2243
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yachtsmann

Old 04-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #2244
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Teena will you be working during our stay at all? We are May 15 - 20....would like to say hello!
Yes, on May 19th (Sunday). I start at 9:30 AM in the lobby of the BC.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #2245
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

Airfare has been purchased!!!

Though of course it went up $80 from last night to this morning when I booked it. Story of my life!!! Funny thing is that when I went in a few minutes ago to take a look the same flights and times were $100 more so I guess I should be happy that I booked it this morning!

Relieved that part is over!!

J
Old 04-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #2246
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
Airfare has been purchased!!!

Though of course it went up $80 from last night to this morning when I booked it. Story of my life!!! Funny thing is that when I went in a few minutes ago to take a look the same flights and times were $100 more so I guess I should be happy that I booked it this morning!

Relieved that part is over!!

J
Keep looking. If it's with Southwest, you can get the difference in the form of a credit if the price goes down. No fees either. I just booked four flights yesterday and used credits from past flights where prices had gone down after I booked them. Those credits helped bunches.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #2247
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Keep looking. If it's with Southwest, you can get the difference in the form of a credit if the price goes down. No fees either. I just booked four flights yesterday and used credits from past flights where prices had gone down after I booked them. Those credits helped bunches.
I didn't know that you could get a credit for the difference. That's great to know. Needless to say the flight we have booked have always gone up instead of down

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 04-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #2248
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zup2002 View Post
Sorry - not sure how to do multiple quotes in one post yet.
Absolutely no problem on the separate quotes, but I wanted to let you know that I have a "How do I" section on page 1 (Other Useful Info) and multi-quoting is one of the topics if you want to give it a try. I know some people have issues if they try to multiquote from their phones, but I can't help there):

How do I...

Multi-quote more than one post?
There are 3 buttons on the bottom right corner of every post. The normal Quote button, the Multi Quote button ("+) and the Quick Reply button (scroll and quill). Click the middle Multi Quote button ("+) on all of the posts you want to quote. The buttons will backlight red when you select it. When you have selected all of the posts, go to the bottom of the page and click on the POST REPLY button. You will be taken to a Dialog box where all of the posts will be quoted, ready for your answers.

Make a ticker?

Post a Photo on the DIS?
sub-lesson: Upload all of your pictures into Photobucket in Large, not Full-size, format
Old 04-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #2249
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

We have a slight change of plans, but all for the best, I think DD5 really wants to stay at AoA in a LM room. I'm a resort snob. I admit it and am ok with it For me, the resort and amenities are a big part of the vacation. Values don't cut it. BUT, she's 5 and I thought about how in a few years she might not care much about the LM so we booked AoA for 8/14 and 15. Still waiting on AP discounts, but seriously considering BC or YC CL for the next 3 nights before we go to VWL. Even if we don't do CL, we'll still be at BC/YC because I think the kids will love Stormalong Bay. I love CL! DH can take it or leave it, but I think with young kids, it's so convenient in the morning. Never stayed CL at BC or YC so that's exciting too
Old 04-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #2250
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

go to a hotel

Quote:
You have to go to a hotel and transfer.

When I wanted to do this a few years ago, I went into Guest Relations at Animal Kingdom Park and asked how to get to Downtown Disney. They said there is no direct bus. They said that the best bus to take is Coronado Springs. I had thought the best option would be Animal Kingdom Lodge. They said no because there are two bus stops within Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I waited for the Coronado Springs bus. Some people got out of the line and switched to a different line, but I didn't think much of it.

I got on the Coronado Springs bus. I was surprised to discover that I had to stay on for 2 stops before getting off to wait for the Downtown Disney bus. I asked the bus driver. The bus driver said that’s why other people got out of line for the Coronado Springs bus and got in line for a different bus.

I never did find out which hotel would be the best.

It's like planning a flight - you want to go from Animal Kingdom Park to Downtown Disney with just one stop and a short layover. You don't want multiple stops. But you also don't want each leg of the trip to be too long just to avoid the multiple stops.

Last edited by Best Aunt; 04-11-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: