Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #2071
nabby
Earning My Ears
 
nabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 40

Hi! It's great to be able to read through a thread like this ahead of our stay at YC CL this coming September. You guys have put together such a great resource of knowledge and guidance. I just wanted to say Thanks!

Could we be added to the BOG list please? Our dates are 09/14/13 to 09/28/13 at YC CL and we're a party of 3 (2 adults and 1 child). We're celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, my 40th birthday and our daughter's 3rd birthday (plus her first ever visit to Disney World!).



We're already getting Kirsty (our daughter) to watch our ever-growing collection of Disney films. So far her favourites are Monsters Inc, Lilo & Stich, The Princess & The Frog, A Bug's Life, Toy Story and Brave. Her mum (my wife) is Scottish so the liking of Brave is genetic I think!

I made the (small) mistake recently of showing Kirsty the video of the Magic Kingdom on the Disney World website when she was having her bedtime milk one evening. She was so excited she didn't sleep for over an hour (she usually settles herself after 10 minutes in bed) . My wife has not yet let me forget that little incident so no more getting Kirsty excited until much nearer the time
__________________
Me (40) DW (40) DD (4) DS (<1)


Last edited by nabby; 04-09-2013 at 10:50 AM.
nabby is online now  
Old 04-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #2072
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,161

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777 View Post
I'm new to this and was wondering if the Be Our Guest list is for BCI and BCV or just BCI? I will be at the BCV 8/24-8/27. So excited!
I have been revising and double checking my last two posts, and I realize I left you off my original welcome post. Sorry about that!!! I have gone back and added you to the post.

I will absolutely be adding you to the Be Our Guest list.

natebenma is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #2073
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I'll do the dirty work and find out all of the beer types in the YC CL! (Should be the same in BC I would imagine)

Anything else you need information on Dee???

9 more days!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
I would imagine that's gonna be a tough job Hmmmmm, bet you might Sample all of them too??!!!??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
In the name of research and in the interest of the common good, I will shoulder that burden.
People are also curious about how the house-made potato chips and dip taste, so if you could try those, it would be extemely helpful.

Thanks, and have a wonderful trip!!!

natebenma is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #2074
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,161

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabby View Post
Hi! It's great to be able to read through a thread like this ahead of our stay at YC CL this coming September. You guys have put together such a great resource of knowledge and guidance. I just wanted to say Thanks!

Could we be added to the BOG list please? Our dates are 09/14/13 to 09/28/13 at YC CL and we're a party of 3 (2 adults and 1 child). We're celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, my 40th birthday and our daughter's 3rd birthday (plus her first ever visit to Disney World!).



We're already getting Kirsty (our daughter) to watch our ever-growing collection of Disney films. So far her favourites are Monsters Inc, Lilo & Stich, The Princess & The Frog, A Bug's Life, Toy Story and Brave. Her mum (my wife) is Scottish so the liking of Brave is genetic I think!

I made the (small) mistake recently of showing Kirsty the video of the Magic Kingdom on the Disney World website when she was having her bedtime milk one evening. She was so excited she didn't sleep for over an hour (she usually settles herself after 10 minutes in bed) . My wife has not yet let me forget that little incident so no more getting Kirsty excited until much nearer the time


I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for September.



Thanks for sharing your background and the picture with us. I have one question, though. How are you possibly going to wear a Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday and First Visit buttons all at once???
natebenma is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #2075
nabby
Earning My Ears
 
nabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post


I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for September.



Thanks for sharing your background and the picture with us. I have one question, though. How are you possibly going to wear a Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday and First Visit buttons all at once???
Thanks!

As for buttons, I'll wear the 40th birthday one, my wife can have the anniversary one and my daughter can have the 3rd birthday one.

I could ask my wife to wear my 40th birthday button but she'd disown me.

But in reality, my daughter will want all three
nabby is online now  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #2076
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,161

OK, I have made lots of additions and changes to the Be Our Guest list over the past week!

Please take a moment to look it over to make sure I have your information listed correctly!

Thanks!

Dee

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

.
natebenma is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #2077
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,191

Nabby: Your little princess is beautiful!!!!

her favorite films are also MY DD's favorites right after Beauty and the Beast!!!

You have picked a GREAT resort for her first stay.

have a wonderful time planning
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #2078
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,191

Yes, please taste the chips and dip.............we would ALL love to know if they are any good!!!!

Thanks Dee for putting that back in my mind while I'm trying to swallow Eggs
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #2079
justustoo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
OK, I have made lots of additions and changes to the Be Our Guest list over the past week!

Please take a moment to look it over to make sure I have your information listed correctly!

Thanks!

Dee

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

.
I don't see us on BOG, but may have overlooked it-( our plans changed several times that even I couldn't keep it straight)! Our final dates are May 26-31 YC GV . Thank you for maintaining this thread- it is so fun!
justustoo is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #2080
justustoo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
OK, I have made lots of additions and changes to the Be Our Guest list over the past week!

Please take a moment to look it over to make sure I have your information listed correctly!

Thanks!

Dee

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

.
Oops - my mistake just found our name on May 29. Here is our final schedule: 5/21-26 BG/SW/DC, 5/26-31 WDW, and 5/31-6/4 UOR. Thanks again!
justustoo is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #2081
nabby
Earning My Ears
 
nabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Nabby: Your little princess is beautiful!!!!

her favorite films are also MY DD's favorites right after Beauty and the Beast!!!

You have picked a GREAT resort for her first stay.

have a wonderful time planning
Hi! Thanks for your kind words! I don't know if your DD is the same but Kirsty keeps picking up phrases from various Disney films and repeating them to either her mother or me. It's cute, hilarious and slightly scary

We've watched Beauty And The Beast and she likes it but we've not had the same enthusiasm for it yet. I have it on blu-ray disc and it looks stunning so I'm happy enough to watch it. And as we're going to eat at BOG in September twice, I need her to know the film reasonably well by then.

In the past we've stayed off-site so this will be a whole new Disney experience for me and my wife. We chose YC for the location and the pool, as well as the fact that we ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse on our trip before last and loved it and the resort.
nabby is online now  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #2082
rusty4
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,014

Nabby,

Your Daughter is so beautiful. Love that you were getting her too excited too early! Have a great trip.
__________________
Me(46) DH(47) DS(23) DS(22) DS(7) Sandy
rusty4 is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #2083
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!
 
disneymagicgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 3,954

1 month from today we head to WDW!
__________________
MeDH,DD15,DS6 DS5
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #2084
Kebby
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 239

I am sooo excited! We just booked two nights at the BC before our 8 nights at the poly. Arriving Sept 18-20. I have four kids age 18 mos, 2 ( turning 3 at disney), 5 and 8!

We have never stayed at this resort before- I have a few questions!

1. is there any shade near the pools? specifically the kids areas?
2. do you get beach towel at the pool area?
3. Suggestions for dinner near the area? boardwalk? We won't be getting park passes for the first two BC days- just chilling at the resort!

Any other tips for the resort with four young kids are welcome!
Kebby is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #2085
TeenaS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 5,929

Dee ... not all the king bed rooms have a daybed. I know I've been in at least one that doesn't. Please keep in mind that a king bed is very very hard to get even if you request it. There are very few of them at the resort. The room assignor normally assigns them to reservations with just two in the room that request a king bed or someone with one person on the reservation (even if it is not requested).

If a king bed is a must, there are resorts that a king bed is a separate room category that you can actually book, thus you are guaranteed you'll get it. Same as if you booked a water view at the Y&B ... you know you are getting a water view.
TeenaS is online now  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: