Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #1981
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=AliceIn;48029382]Completely OT, but I think I met you at the Beach Club last year. My family was staying at the AoA, and we came over to the Epcot area to check out the resorts. I met a really nice woman on the way in and I asked a lot of questions. After seeing your pictures here, I'm pretty sure it was you. Your friendliness and knowledge about the resort was one of the big reasons we chose the BC.

Many of us feel the same way.
Teena is the heart and soul of the Beach Club!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 04-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #1982
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post

REALLY? i should have known there was a reason the vinylmations were so cheap! However, when we were in WDW in January we didn't have that many problems trading them - we did have to go to BC to trade the YC wasn't trading them but i didn't mind the walk.
I'm really looking forward to Alaska - I just wish the Wonder still left out of Seattle rather than Vancouver, Seattle is so much easier and less expensive to get to.
Now I'm looking forward to that coffee drink! You folks never steer me wrong.
Any advice over a cabin location?
Seattle was very easy! But Vancouver is wonderful, so I hope you have a little time to enjoy it before you sail! We were on Deck 8, midship - I think it was 8536. We loved the midship location and would absolutely choose that room again. Just a quick walk up the stairs to the Cove Cafe and the goofy pool! If midship was not available, I might go aft a bit because it's close to the drink stations and the Mickey pool.

According to the BWI and Epcot CMs, the vinylmation trading changes went into effect on February 1 (during our BWI stay.) And then we saw this on the trading box at Mouse Gear:

I like the idea of consolidating trading at the parks, but was really disappointed to hear about the end of trading at the resorts. Our boys used to go from Screen Door to Fittings and Fairings to the shop at SAB for trading (the Marketplace had the clear box, but only brought out the blind box at certain times.)
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #1983
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Mickey mail just came today! It included both Disney American Tourister luggage tags and yellow stickers (that I think are the Magical Express stickers). The past 3 years we have stayed at Dolphin so a bit out of practice. There are probably instructions in there, but not yet had a chance to read.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #1984
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

Dreaming of Disney as our spring break comes to an end. I know summer will be here soon enough, but I cannot wait to be swimming in SAB! Looking forward to hearing about the trips from those of you who are there now or going soon.'

Ryan
Old 04-07-2013, 05:23 AM   #1985
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
What carrier are you flying? Thought about driving to Chicago to fly out if I can't get something decent out of Grand Rapids!! That price jump is astounding!!!
Southwest. I was shocked because usually they are up there because the luggage is included, but not this year. This just happened to be luck - I have been checking frequently on a daily basis. I am sooooo glad to be done with this so I can obsess about the right things - WDW!!!!

Also - Just got ONLINE CHECK-IN DONE!!!!!!!!!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 04-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #1986
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn

Oooh! That's the most exciting part of the countdown. I start counting the number of sleeps I have before we leave.
I can't wait until we are at that point! Ugh our count down is taking FOREVER! Have a great trip!

Me, DH, DD7, DS3

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013
Old 04-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #1987
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Our current countdown is 19 days until we bring out the 99 day countdown calendar
Old 04-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #1988
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Our first day tradition....
Beaches and Cream. We usually stay offsite the first night so we check in around 10am. Being that early we plan on our room not being ready. So we soak up the lobby and/or the pool and are first in line for B&C opening. Then off to park of our choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post

Disney is lucky to have you.
And the DIS boards also. Thank you Teena for all you do!

Old 04-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #1989
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Think I am all caught up!

Thanks for all the good wishes for Ben's show. It was AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I don't have a great picture of him as Skipper. He did a great job and we are VERY proud of him. I know a few of you have kids involved in theatre. Pom Pom Zombies is one of the favorite shows we have been involved with. Outrageously fun!!!

Next up: Disney's Aristocats at the end of April.

bigAWL- thank you so much for sharing your awesome photos!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebec View Post
I've been a lurker on here for a while and I must say this great thread has helped me make up my mind: We will be at the Beach Club June 2014. I was waffling between BC and Poly and I have to go with BC. It looks fabulous.
It will be me, DH, DS11, DS9 and DD6 (ages for next year).

I would like any tips on room requests. We would like to be maybe partway between being close to Epcot and close to the main lobby. I would probably book garden view unless I save up enough to do the upgrade to Lagoon. Any suggestions.
Are there any maps of room numbers and categories/locations out there? I haven't been able to find it if there are.
How is the bus situation in early June to MK and AK? I have heard that BC shares with all the Epcot resorts and I have heard that it only shares with YC.
Thanks so much, I get so excited looking at all the great photos. Any and all suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next June. As your plans firm up you can confirm the dates.

There is a very old map of room numbers on the first page of this thread (it is on the Beach Club room post), but the room view categories are not acccurate- the map was created before rooms were reclassified with SV, GV and LV. It was also before the construction of the BC CL lounge on the 5th floor.

I would recommend following Teena's advice for your room request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
Hello all my fellow BC/YC crazies!!

I'm happy to be back on the DIS after quite a long sabbatical. My wife and I found out on January 26th that our 11 year old daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. As you can imagine this was a huge shock and a kick in the stomach to all of us and for the last 2 and a half months have been dealing with all that comes with her condition.

Though I haven't had time to post I have briefly lurked around and I have to say that the few minutes here and there on the site has done as much as anything else to keep me sane. T1D can be overwhelming at times, especially when it hits your beautiful, young 11 year old, so any break from reality has helped.

I wouldn't say that things have gotten easier but I do feel like I may be able to visit more often and actually start to post again. As my wife and I have said, we have never needed a trip to our beloved BC more than now. August seems like eons away and this trip will certainly not be as care free as past trips given everything that now encompases our day to day routine, but we need it and can't wait for it more than ever before.

Just wanted to say hello and let you all know that you have all inadvertently helped me through this difficult time by allowing me to read your posts and dream about the BC. I can't thank you enough. Hopefully I can start to contribute again and join the cause!!

Jay
Jay to you and your family. I am sorry to hear about your daughter's struggle with diabetes. I can only imagine how difficult this has been for your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Does anyone know what brand of beers are offered in the CL Lounge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey & Minnie Mom View Post
I can definitely recall Yuengling and I am pretty certain Bud Light and I think Heineken but not for sure. I think there are some photos out there showing the cooler with them.
The beer selection may change seasonally- not sure which ones may be constant. If someone is there now, or staying CL soon, could you check on the beers that are currently being offered.

I have a list of the wines offered (as of December 2012)- not sure how often they change- in the CL post on Page 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyfun View Post
Our countdown is at 59 days! And since I have a new embroidery machine, I am making my great niece 2 outfits per day to wear (Yes, I have issues)

We staying at the BC CL level starting on June 4th thru the 8th

Judy

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Sounds like an awesome project to work in as you wait for your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
Today's recap - hope ya'll don't mind. This is one way for me to "jot" down the basics of what we did each day
LOVING your live reports!!! Keep 'em coming when you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi there YC/BC fans! I've finally booked a return visit for the summer so I'm officially asking Dee to please put us on the Be Our Guest list. << that deserves a banana dude I think!

We'll be at the YC from 8/20-8/25. We're sandwiching this between AKL and BLT once again. (Deluxe CL room unless there's a killer deal released then I'll give that up.) There's so many things to look forward to but mostly just being in the Epcot area at these beautiful resorts.
back!!!

So excited to add you onto the list!

All 3 of you or just you and Emmy?

Old 04-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #1990
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Morning everyone!

At the risk of revealing that I cannot go through all of our wonderful posts, does anyone know if they moved the gym equipment out of the solarium yet? Just curious....thanks, July can't get here soon enough!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 04-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #1991
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Your friendliness and knowledge about the resort was one of the big reasons we chose the BC.Disney is lucky to have you.
Very true!!

~Nannette

Old 04-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #1992
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake
Hello all my fellow BC/YC crazies!!

I'm happy to be back on the DIS after quite a long sabbatical. My wife and I found out on January 26th that our 11 year old daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. As you can imagine this was a huge shock and a kick in the stomach to all of us and for the last 2 and a half months have been dealing with all that comes with her condition.

Though I haven't had time to post I have briefly lurked around and I have to say that the few minutes here and there on the site has done as much as anything else to keep me sane. T1D can be overwhelming at times, especially when it hits your beautiful, young 11 year old, so any break from reality has helped.

I wouldn't say that things have gotten easier but I do feel like I may be able to visit more often and actually start to post again. As my wife and I have said, we have never needed a trip to our beloved BC more than now. August seems like eons away and this trip will certainly not be as care free as past trips given everything that now encompases our day to day routine, but we need it and can't wait for it more than ever before.

Just wanted to say hello and let you all know that you have all inadvertently helped me through this difficult time by allowing me to read your posts and dream about the BC. I can't thank you enough. Hopefully I can start to contribute again and join the cause!!

Jay
Sorry to hear about your daughter's diagnosis. Hope that your trip to Disney is extra magical this year.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 04-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #1993
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post
Morning everyone!

At the risk of revealing that I cannot go through all of our wonderful posts, does anyone know if they moved the gym equipment out of the solarium yet? Just curious....thanks, July can't get here soon enough!
It is all back to normal again.

Someone posted a recent picture of it a few pages back.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 04-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #1994
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post
Morning everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
It is all back to normal again.

Someone posted a recent picture of it a few pages back.
I think bigAWL's pictures start on page 125 or thereabouts.

There are pictures of the refurbed health club on Page 1.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #1995
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

MickeyT - We have the same first day tradition - lunch at Beaches and Cream.

When we drive we also stay offsite the first night and then get an early start the next morning. Even when we fly we take the earliest flight available, and after checking in we are usually the first people at Beaches and Cream opening! No better way than to start a BC vacation than B&C!!!!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: