Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #181
ekmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab53085 View Post
Loving this thread! A couple of questions...

What makes the trip back from DTD to YC/BC so terrible? I'll be using the tip of taking the boat to a resort then bus to EP/HS.

Also, we really love Sweet Tomatoes and want to go at least once in our upcoming trip but we don't plan on renting a car this time. Can we bus to DTD and then walk there or is that not ideal?

Thanks all!
That's a question I'd like to know the answer to also. We leave tomorrow and had booked a rental car but decided to cancel it. I do love Sweet Tomatoes though!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #182
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess

We're staying at the YC with that offer. We're going the week before Labor Day.

I just found out that school for us isn't staring until the Monday after Labor Day because of Rosh Hashanah. If I knew that I would have booked the week of Labor Day when crowds should be even lower. Airfare is also a lot cheaper. Unfortunately I can't change it because my sister and her family are going down the week before us and our trips overlap by 5 days.
With our school schedule she misses the first 3 days ( they go back on Wednesday) then they have off Monday thurs & Friday the following week. I would have loved to go the following week but I was told the agency couldn't push the deal out that far ;(. She would have only missed 2 days. I was thinking the deal was only for BC/YC & GF so how many extra ppl could that really be to cause that big in a rise in the crowds

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #183
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
With our school schedule she misses the first 3 days ( they go back on Wednesday) then they have off Monday thurs & Friday the following week. I would have loved to go the following week but I was told the agency couldn't push the deal out that far ;(. She would have only missed 2 days. I was thinking the deal was only for BC/YC & GF so how many extra ppl could that really be to cause that big in a rise in the crowds
I'm actually happy to hear that. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything now. LOL
Old 02-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #184
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm actually happy to hear that. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything now. LOL
I felt the same way. Did u opt of the standard room or the CL deal. We decided on CL -once in a life time for us. We are looking at buying a house soon so who knows when our next trip will be -eek!

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

Old 02-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #185
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I felt the same way. Did u opt of the standard room or the CL deal. We decided on CL -once in a life time for us. We are looking at buying a house soon so who knows when our next trip will be -eek!
We went with a standard room. We were planning on staying at POR originally. So even a standard room is a huge upgrade.

ETA
And we went from 7 nights to 10 nights. I figured I'd rather spend the money on extra days.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #186
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We went with a standard room. We were planning on staying at POR originally. So even a standard room is a huge upgrade.

ETA
And we went from 7 nights to 10 nights. I figured I'd rather spend the money on extra days.
That's funny because we toyed with the same idea. I always say "if we only had one more day" but we planned different this year. We r taking it slow, doing what we like best, and didn't make so may ADR's so we can be more flexible

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

Old 02-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #187
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's funny because we toyed with the same idea. I always say "if we only had one more day" but we planned different this year. We r taking it slow, doing what we like best, and didn't make so may ADR's so we can be more flexible
We're more or less doing the same. I'm planning one full day in each park and then we're just winging it the rest of the time. Every time we go DH comes home saying that it would be nice to "relax" on vacation.

We're making 2 ADRs while my sister is there. But I think that's going to be it.
Last time we went we had a FD Pin and we were a group of 10. So we had to make ADRs.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #188
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Will we definitely be on the 5th floor with the lounge with a CL SV room?

Any thoughts on this category?

Are these views bad?

Do they all have balconies?

thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #189
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
When we traveled earlier this month, our flight landed at 9:25am. We got to our resort around 11:15am. We didn't have to pick up any luggage at baggage check, so we were able to walk straight to the bus loading area in terminal B, ground level. There will be signs. Be sure to bring that little booklet that Disney sends that has your bus information in it. You'll be able to bypass a check in counter if you have that booklet with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
If you haven't made reservations and received your Magical Express booklet and yellow luggage tags, then you'll have to do that first by calling the phone number for the Magical Express.

If you want your luggage to go straight from your home airport to your resort room, then put the yellow luggage tags on your bags before you check in at your home airport. Your luggage will appear in your resort room within three hours of your arrival. If you want to keep your luggage with you, then you can take it to the bus and they will load it in the luggage compartment for you.

After you land in Orlando, follow the signs to ground transportation Terminal B. That is also where all the rental car counters are. The Disney Magical Express will be at the end of Terminal to your right as you come off the escalator. There are usually signs for it posted down there. You will see a check in counter with lines and you will see a person at a podium helping people get in the right line for their bus.

The bus lines are separated by resort areas. So the Beach Club and Yacht Club would have its own line. They load the buses with the resorts, but they will often mix them. The last two times we stayed at the Beach Club we had passengers for the Caribbean Beach Club, too, and we stopped there first. The bus will sit a few minutes to load, usually about twenty minutes, then it will take off for the resorts. The ride to the resorts is probably a half hour. The rest of the time is spent unloading the passengers and luggage at their resorts. This bus does not pick up any passengers at the resorts. A different bus does that.

When it is time to go home, Disney will leave an information letter under your door, or hanging from the door handle (I can't remember which), giving you your bus pick up time. It is usually three hours before your scheduled flight departure. If you are flying with one of the carriers that has a service contract with WDW, you can check your luggage right at your resort and not have to bother bringing it to the airport. It is very convenient.
Thanks for the detailed info! We cannot wait!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #190
Gr8t Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear View Post
I am pulling my kids out of school too to take advantage of that offer. Out here in CA, we start around 8/20 which is not good if you are trying to fit in a late summer trip to WDW We are allowed to do 5 days of independent study, so my kids will get credit for the days that they missed. I am just hoping that they won't give them too much work to make-up while we are gone!
We're pulling our kids from school too, but this is the last year we're doing it. We had our usual trip booked since last Summer (last 2 weeks of August), but the school board voted on a new calendar and school will now be starting on 8/26. Since our trip was already booked and paid for, we'll still go, but this will be the last year we'll be able to go for 2 weeks at the end of August (which is why we decided to do 3 days at the YC at the end of our trip)!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #191
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekmom View Post
That's a question I'd like to know the answer to also. We leave tomorrow and had booked a rental car but decided to cancel it. I do love Sweet Tomatoes though!
I am not sure where there is a closer Sweet Tomatoes, but the one I've been to is near Universal, and no way could you walk to it from DTD. Love that place. DN is a vegan, and only place we can all eat (well, for me, I call it rabbit food), but really , we all like the salads and the kids love frozen yogurt machine.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #192
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Here!!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #193
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Arriving the same day! Just posted a few ago for our double digit dance!
That's great! We will be the couple with 2 cute little boys DS8 and DS6 who will want to live at the pool each day. I expect us to be by the small slide all afternoon. I would love to meet a fellow DIS person. I've worn a lime green Mickey head on my bag for the last several trips, and no one has noticed it.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #194
tsme
DIS Veteran

Wow, reading how late some states start school makes me jealous. We live in the south & they've bumped up school so much so that it now starts at the beginning of August! And it's so hot down here at that time. Plus they don't finish school until the end of May and in our case, our DD has dancing until the end of June. So she ends up with only one real full month off for summer vacation! But it never stops us from our yearly vaca to Disney!!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #195
sab53085
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne G View Post
I am not sure where there is a closer Sweet Tomatoes, but the one I've been to is near Universal, and no way could you walk to it from DTD. Love that place. DN is a vegan, and only place we can all eat (well, for me, I call it rabbit food), but really , we all like the salads and the kids love frozen yogurt machine.
The one I'm talking about is at the Crossroads at the end of Buena Vista Drive where the DTD hotels are. I think it's about a mile but I know the intesection is pretty busy. Trying to figure out ways around renting a car.

1992 - Offsite ~ 1997 - Travelodge DTD ~ 1998 - Travelodge DTD ~ 2000 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2001 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2002 - Hilton DTD ~ 2009 - Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa ~ 2012 - POR Royal Room & WDW Dolphin ~ May 2013: POR Royal Room & Yacht Club ~ October 2013: Kidani Village & Coronado Springs ~ May 2014: Jambo House & Yacht Club
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: