Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #1816
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
We arrived at Beach Club today -


We had to wait a few minutes to check in. We were offered drinks and snacks while we waited. The kids had some snacks since we landed around 11:30 and hadn't had any lunch yet. It was approximately 1:30. I had done the online checkin, but I don't know that it saved us anytime. They did have our key cards made up, but had to do my cc on the account, because "it didn't stick" the first time. We were offered 2 rooms - 1 was on the 5th floor, but didn't have a daybed, or we could go to the 4th floor and have a daybed, but have all the access to the lounge. They said both rooms were the exact same size. I left the choice up to my daughter since she'd be the one sleeping on whatever was chosen. She chose to stay on the 5th floor, so they ordered a roll away. I figured that was ok because we could put it up when she wasn't in it.

I took some room view pics - room 5675. I'll link here, and try to get them to the room view thread. Dee - you're welcome to use. We reserved SV, I assume that's what they gave us. We got a pretty great view - I think my daughter chose well

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8012099...7633162244602/

I should also add that wifi is excellent tonight.
Thanks so much for the excellent report!!!

That is interesting news about them offering you a room on the 4th floor with a daybed. I love that!!! I haven't really heard of that before.

I also really appreciate the pictures- don't worry about it during the trip, but I would love to add the view photos when you get back. I'm not sure that I can "borrow" your pictures from Flickr.

The picture of the upright cot is also very helpful.

Thanks again, and hope the rest of your trip is SPECTACULAR!!!

natebenma is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #1817
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,125

Dee: I know you are going to pull your hair out if I change plans again........................................

But, we decided to stay at BC for the first half of our vacation!!!! and then move to Poly.

So, our dates are 7/19 - 7/23 BC.

the first reason: I couldn't imagine not possibly getting the chance to run into you during out stay Be on the lookout for an overly happy 40+ year old, DH and DD walking around with a skip in their step.

second reason: Teena works on Sunday and Monday and we would have completely missed her

third reason: DD said she couldn't imagine arriving at Disney World and NOT checking into what feels like home!

So that's it in a nutshell

I'm going to log off of the boards in case you are throwing darts!!
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie


ocalla is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #1818
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Dee: I know you are going to pull your hair out if I change plans again........................................

But, we decided to stay at BC for the first half of our vacation!!!! and then move to Poly.

So, our dates are 7/19 - 7/23 BC.

the first reason: I couldn't imagine not possibly getting the chance to run into you during out stay Be on the lookout for an overly happy 40+ year old, DH and DD walking around with a skip in their step.

second reason: Teena works on Sunday and Monday and we would have completely missed her

third reason: DD said she couldn't imagine arriving at Disney World and NOT checking into what feels like home!

So that's it in a nutshell

I'm going to log off of the boards in case you are throwing darts!!
No darts!



Dee
natebenma is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #1819
JulieODC
DIS Veteran
 
JulieODC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 790

Hi All!

I've been reading through posts - thanks for all the great info on BC/YC!!

I just booked flights yesterday, so we're officially back at WDW from 11/10-11/16. We're thinking of switching it up this time, and staying at YC (for the first time) - seems like such easy access to Epcot and DHS will be great (esp with DD in tow!).

We're thinking YC, lagoon view - so we can put DD to bed and enjoy some drinks on the balcony in the evening.

Here's my question --- I haven't booked a room yet (have my fingers crossed for some sort of fall discount). But I'm thinking the fall discounts won't be released before our 180 day mark....so I should probably just go ahead and book, right?

Thanks!!!
__________________
My 2014 trip report!
A 21-hour tease and one FANTASTICAL voyage! May 2014 TR!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #1820
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,130

You should book your room now and apply any discounts later. These resorts can fill up fast. BC is already full for our week in Dec.
__________________
~ Sue





Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #1821
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMomx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hamilton Square, NJ
Posts: 11,030

Did it! Just sent an email to our TA to upgrade our stay to CL!!!

That nagging, missing CL feeling, just wouldn't go away. I was going to wait for
AP rates but didn't want to miss out on getting a CL room since we can only book sv (family of 5).

Oh well - I'll just cut back on some of our ts meals and we won't need an order for garden grocer. Thank goodness for Disney math!
__________________
Robyn

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is online now  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #1822
my2princessgirls
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
You should book your room now and apply any discounts later. These resorts can fill up fast. BC is already full for our week in Dec.
But doesn't that defeat the purpose? If the resort is full (enough), they aren't going to offer a discount... I always thought that the resort needs to have a certain amount of availability in order for them to offer discounted rooms. If everyone were to book with the intent of adding a discount later, then the resort fills up and there isn't a need to discount the rooms.
__________________
Danielle
Me DH DD(11) DD(9)
my2princessgirls is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #1823
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Did it! Just sent an email to our TA to upgrade our stay to CL!!!

That nagging, missing CL feeling, just wouldn't go away. I was going to wait for
AP rates but didn't want to miss out on getting a CL room since we can only book sv (family of 5).

Oh well - I'll just cut back on some of our ts meals and we won't need an order for garden grocer. Thank goodness for Disney math!
Congrats!!!

I've gone back and forth on this since we haven't stayed non-CL at YC or BC in years. But in the end, it was cheaper to switch one more of our POR nights to GV at YC than to upgrade all nights to CL so I did that instead. (Still wish I could do the entire trip at YC, but for 14 nights its too much of a budget breaker if we intend on coming back in early November for the end of F&W).

Dee, for the BoG list, are dates are now 6/14-6/19 at YC.
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #1824
GGGhosts
Earning My Ears
 
GGGhosts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
Why is it that when I try to book Ohana for 2 people there are no reservations, but when I put in 3 or 4 there's room? I feel like I'm being penalized for being a small party! Is this nuts?
Angeejoe - I have booked 'Ohana for more people than actually showed up with no penalty. If anyone at all shows for the ressie, you will not be charged. By the way, what days are you looking for? I may be able to help you!
__________________
GGGhosts is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #1825
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMomx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hamilton Square, NJ
Posts: 11,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Congrats!!!

I've gone back and forth on this since we haven't stayed non-CL at YC or BC in years. But in the end, it was cheaper to switch one more of our POR nights to GV at YC than to upgrade all nights to CL so I did that instead. (Still wish I could do the entire trip at YC, but for 14 nights its too much of a budget breaker if we intend on coming back in early November for the end of F&W).

Dee, for the BoG list, are dates are now 6/14-6/19 at YC.
I know what you mean. Before we started staying CL we used to do at least two trips a year. Now we do one long trip (16 nights). I do miss the second shorter trip. My favorite was the year we did a short 5 day extra trip to the F&WF and MNSSHP.

The hard part about staying CL is once you start it's so hard to go back.
Before we tried CL we used to do TPV rooms or waterview rooms and I could kick myself now for not realizing that for just a little bit more than those rooms costs we could have stayed CL!
__________________
Robyn

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is online now  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #1826
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
I know what you mean. Before we started staying CL we used to do at least two trips a year. Now we do one long trip (16 nights). I do miss the second shorter trip. My favorite was the year we did a short 5 day extra trip to the F&WF and MNSSHP.

The hard part about staying CL is once you start it's so hard to go back.
Before we tried CL we used to do TPV rooms or waterview rooms and I could kick myself now for not realizing that for just a little bit more than those rooms costs we could have stayed CL!
DS and I stayed at Pop for our last trip (our "bonus" trip of 2012) so just staying deluxe again will be a difference!

But DH is coming down for the YC portion of the trip (which is why we moved to YC in the first place since he snobbed out on me over POR ) His last non-CL stay was Dec 2008 so we shall see what he thinks (and will greatly influence exactly WHERE and what category we book for that November trip...)
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #1827
LeahA
DIS Veteran
 
LeahA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 2,356

Sab ?

We will be staying at the BC for the 1st time this summer. We usually go to a park, come back, go swimming, get ready for dinner, etc... Is the pool just crazy busy in the afternoon? Is there any chance of getting a chair? I don't mind walking around and looking for a chair but was worried that it might be to busy and crowded. Any tips?
__________________
PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-KIDANI VILLAGE X2
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-JAMBO HOUSE
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #1828
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
We will be staying at the BC for the 1st time this summer. We usually go to a park, come back, go swimming, get ready for dinner, etc... Is the pool just crazy busy in the afternoon? Is there any chance of getting a chair? I don't mind walking around and looking for a chair but was worried that it might be to busy and crowded. Any tips?
I've always found one somewhere but it is rarely in a prime location (ie front row). The great spots go early. But if you just need one to place your stuff and aren't picky, you will find something.
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #1829
HelenParr
DIS Veteran
 
HelenParr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2princessgirls View Post
But doesn't that defeat the purpose? If the resort is full (enough), they aren't going to offer a discount... I always thought that the resort needs to have a certain amount of availability in order for them to offer discounted rooms. If everyone were to book with the intent of adding a discount later, then the resort fills up and there isn't a need to discount the rooms.
I think the reality is there is so much demand that if you really want "that" room category, you need to book it at whatever price Diseny seeks to extract, or someone else will.

Hoping for discount is always a good idea, expecting it probably less so. Discount inventory is not static, it can change with cancellations, and other room inventory changes. I have many times booked at rack, waited for discount. And many times when discount was not available right away on the announced discount.
HelenParr is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #1830
my2princessgirls
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenParr View Post
I think the reality is there is so much demand that if you really want "that" room category, you need to book it at whatever price Diseny seeks to extract, or someone else will.

Hoping for discount is always a good idea, expecting it probably less so. Discount inventory is not static, it can change with cancellations, and other room inventory changes. I have many times booked at rack, waited for discount. And many times when discount was not available right away on the announced discount.
Yes, that makes sense. If you are okay with paying rack rate and are set on what resort/room type you want, then definitely book ahead, but if you really do need the discount then wait. We are never so set on a specific resort/room type that I would be willing to pay rack rate, lol! I always wait for a discount before booking and just do my ADRs one day at a time if necessary.
__________________
Danielle
Me DH DD(11) DD(9)
my2princessgirls is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: