Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #1726
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

BCV photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdeve View Post
Do all of the villas have balconies? Do they have full balconies or Juliette? I remember seeing the answer before but now I can't find it.
There are pictures of the BCV exterior at allears.net:
http://allears.net/acc/g_bcv.htm

and on the Disneyworld.com website:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...h-club-villas/

Old 04-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #1727
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

checking in with my YC/BC friends

Hello friends,
I feel like its been forever since I've checked in and caught up on you guys!
We are now in April and my January trip seems so long ago - remember how its started out so awful with DH stuck in Canada? But it turned out so wonderful and it was all thankful to the wonderful tips and things I learned about the YC right here.
I'm afraid its going to be quite a while before I get back to my new favorite home of YC. January 2014 we are doing a group visit with 5 families for DH's 40th birthday and the Poly was hotel of choice (not mine of course) and then July 2014 we are setting sail on a disney alaska cruise for my 40th so Im afraid it will be at least a year or so before we get back to the YC.
Thanks to you guys (and you know who I'm talking about) - I am addicted to SUNKEN TREASURES :-) oh it is my drink of choice and i now relax with those at night, instead of a glass of wine. one sip and i am back sitting at SAB with my feet in the sand, relaxing....a little piece of heaven....
I hope everyone is well and I'm going to try and catch up on the boards - its amazing how much you miss by being out of touch for a little while

[/url]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #1728
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
I know the new website is still not 100%. But how accurate do you think it is for showing availability? The week of 11-9-13 to 11-16-13 is showing only one room category available. Does anyone have a guess on this as to if the resort is totally booked?
This is our first time staying at the BC and I'm really nervous that it seems the resort is booked solid. Will this have a negative effect on our stay? Does anyone have any experience with the resort being booked while they were there? Thanks!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #1729
kgoodb00
Disney Fanatic

I just took advantage of the new discount available so I will now be staying at the BC! I haven't stayed here since July of 2005! So excited!!!

Me DH DS(13) DD(10)

BCV:07/2005--POP:03/2007--POFQ:03/2011--CBR:04/2012 --BC:06/2013--YC/WL:10/2014

Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #1730
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
This is our first time staying at the BC and I'm really nervous that it seems the resort is booked solid. Will this have a negative effect on our stay? Does anyone have any experience with the resort being booked while they were there? Thanks!
Even if just 1 night is sold out it will show no availability. But, that is the end of Jersey Week, a marathon weekend and right before Veterans Day. It will be quite busy.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 04-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #1731
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Hello friends,
We are now in April and my January trip seems so long ago - remember how its started out so awful with DH stuck in Canada? But it turned out so wonderful and it was all thankful to the wonderful tips and things I learned about the YC right here.
I'm afraid its going to be quite a while before I get back to my new favorite home of YC. January 2014 we are doing a group visit with 5 families for DH's 40th birthday and the Poly was hotel of choice (not mine of course) and then July 2014 we are setting sail on a disney alaska cruise for my 40th so Im afraid it will be at least a year or so before we get back to the YC.
Thanks to you guys (and you know who I'm talking about) - I am addicted to SUNKEN TREASURES :-) oh it is my drink of choice and i now relax with those at night, instead of a glass of wine. one sip and i am back sitting at SAB with my feet in the sand, relaxing....a little piece of heaven....
I hope everyone is well and I'm going to try and catch up on the boards - its amazing how much you miss by being out of touch for a little while

Good to see you checking in now and again!

Did you see this a couple of pages back???

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post

Credit for the photo goes to oh my, I can't find the owner !!! ninjamom or pixarmom am I even close ? And credit for figuring out the correct libations and amounts goes to medicgirl177!!!

PM me your name and address!! I will be laminating next week!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #1732
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
The great thing about YC is that it's just like staying at BC, only a tad quieter in the lobby with more of a nautical theme.

I don't remember the room we had, but it was on the second floor just down the hall from the elevator / stairs that lead to the lobby. It was a great location since we could use the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. If I were staying there I would request to be closest to the lobby that way your not all the way down the last wing close to the Swan/Dolphin.

Enjoy your stay!!!

P.S. we are doing a Poly/BC split stay for the first time this year!! Any suggestions on making the transfer easy would be much appreciated!
Thanks for the room location suggestion. If we were that close to Swan/Dolphin I would be tired just walking to Epcot
Transfer is very easy. On the morning you're checking out just call bell services and tell them what hotel you are going to and they will send the bags over. Don't expect the bags before 4 so be sure totake anything you might need with you. Poly/BC is my favorite split
Old 04-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #1733
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628
Completely off topic but is anyone else super excited about Finding Dory!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already tweeted my Dory comment fully furnished with Dory herself LOL
Me too!!! Memo is one of my family's favorite movies.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #1734
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
It is!
Thanks Teena!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
This is what I have on Page 1 (Other Useful Info section)

What is a Bounce Back Offer?

Bounce Back is a promotion offered at selected times throughout the year offering a discount on a future trip if you book WHILE YOU ARE STILL AT THE RESORT. It used to be left on a card in your room, but now is part of the Be Our Guest guide that you should receive at checkin. You can also dial #8844 from any resort phone to see if a bounceback promotion is being offered and what the eligibility requirements are.

You MUST book it before you check-out. Once you get home, you can change the dates or cancel it. However, once you check-out, even if you give them your reservation number and say you were just there, they won't allow you to book it.

Thanks for the photos, MickeyT!
Thanks Dee! Im glad it's included as I think this would be an great time to go. I've never been to Food & Wine Festival nor MNSSHP!

Can any clarify what it says in the white area under the 35% deluxe discount? I think it says specific dates, but I can't read it. Can the dates be different then the highlighted dates on the calendar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
As the others have said, the bounce back does include the last week of October.

I think the confusion came from this post:

I think Julie meant that she had booked the bounce back for the last week of October, but she would have preferred the week before. She'll switch to the week before if a discount comes through for that week. I was confused at first, too.
Thanks for clarifying. I was reading it wrong. I thought last 2wks was in bounce back so I was confused. I had it in my mind DH & I could go during that time frame as I happily found Dee's bounce back post last wk! As Dee's so thorough, cough, cough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
First try, but it's super late for us to eat, I emailed IPO about checking to move up a bit. But actually since its our last night we probably won't feel like sleeping anyway.
1st try!! So jealous! Our last trip we couldn't get a reservation so I was hoping to get in this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Thanks, I looked at this. When she was first looking for resorts neither were available. Now Swan is, but it's only about $90 cheaper and that's for a prepaid nonrefundable rate. So I'm not sure it's worth the difference.
Oh, I was hoping they'd have a better deal for you, $90 isn't as much of a discount as I thought it would be!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #1735
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Hello friends,
Hi ALMMY baybee!!!!

The nice thing about this thread is that you can pick it right up again. It doesn't matter where you left off. All are welcome, new friends and old timers! There are also a wealth of tips that appear here that are good for stays just about any where, so tune in when you get a chance and maybe you'll discover something helpful for your other stays.

It was great to hear of your latest obsession. Summer will soon be upon us and no one that reads this board will be at a loss for drink ideas to serve when guests come over.

~NM
Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #1736
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

As the others have said, the bounce back does include the last week of October.

I think the confusion came from this post:

I think Julie meant that she had booked the bounce back for the last week of October, but she would have preferred the week before. She'll switch to the week before if a discount comes through for that week. I was confused at first, too.
Sorry - I'm causing all kinds of confusion! Wood Nymph got it. I should have clarified to say that we are booked for the last full week in October (20th-27th), but we'd like to change to the week prior to that (13th-20th).
Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #1737
saraheubanks1
Earning My Ears

I just booked the beach club for May 29th-June 2. We are so excited to stay here for the first time. I have a question about the storm along bay. Do you have to be a good swimmer to use the slide? My boys are young, and it seems like they wore life jackets at the Contemporary pool slide.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #1738
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Even if just 1 night is sold out it will show no availability. But, that is the end of Jersey Week, a marathon weekend and right before Veterans Day. It will be quite busy.
It includes the last weekend of the F&W too.

I was unable to book a garden room at either YC or BC for late October. All signs point to a busy fall!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 04-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #1739
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

I've been so bummed about not returning to the BC this summer BUT I'm very excited that I just booked a surprise trip for DH & I in October (his 50th & our 28th wedding anniversary ). First time going without the kids too! He's going to be sooo shocked!! Dee, please add us to the BOG list...we will be there 10/20-10/23.... cannot wait to attend F&W again!
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Old 04-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #1740
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
I was unable to book a garden room at either YC or BC for late October. All signs point to a busy fall!
The first full week of December is booked for the BC, too. Which means that I can't be tempted to switch from the WL for our next trip.

Quote:
It is often full and it has never affected our trips.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: