Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #1651
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw View Post
In effort to try and have my family pack less for the trip, does anyone have any information on the hair dryer provided in the room? Is it one of those ones attached to the wall? Does anyone have a photo?

Thanks!

ETA: CONFUSED!!!

These are my pictures from July 2010:

Looks like a wall hair dryer-

But this is the picture I have from MsCoz2000. I believe it was taken in December 2010.

Anyone care to share what they had for a hair dryer recently?

Last edited by natebenma; 04-01-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #1652
natebenma
DIS Veteran

And while in that file, I found a picture labeled "Public Bathroom"

I know we have the mother of the bride looking for some photos. Still waiting for a couple of guests who were there recently to post pictures when they get back.

Again, not sure if this is the bathroom next to Ariels or not, or if there have been any changes in the couple of years since the photo was taken.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #1653
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoo View Post
I amI so excited, we will be there Friday!!! I cannot wait for the warmth it snowed here today. Since we are taking my sister, my girls have 2 countdown chains going. One with how many sleeps until Aunt Betty gets here, and the other how many sleeps til "Dinney" as my youngest pronounces it.
I am so jealous and excited for you!! Have the best time!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #1654
kristenYC
Earning My Ears

My trip is April 1th. Please *** me to bog list. Thx
Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #1655
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh
Hey Guys

54 days to go! I finally made our ADRs today, yes I'm very late, but I managed to get some good ones. First night Cape May, then: Mama Melrose, Le Cellier, Ohana, the Plaza, Nine Dragons, and Coral Reef. Should be yummy!

Also I noticed today when double checking park hours, they took away the EMH for MK on May 31st???? That's our last night and I was hoping for a late night. Hmmmmm......

Natebenma I sent you a PM... do you, or anyone else, know the bedding layout for the 5 YC CL garden view rooms?

54 days!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
You did get some good ones! We have reservations in August for 4 of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Looks like a wall hair dryer-

But this is the picture I have from MsCoz2000. I believe it was taken in December 2010.

In the villas, we always had one like the first pics. Not sure about regular BC rooms?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 04-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #1656
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
I'm not sure if when getting the bounceback offer all have to have the same ticket plan, just like reserving any other package. i'm sure someone here will have better information for you there. Again, if that were the case, then you would be required to purchase the same tickets for each person in the room.
If you went the AP route, your husband could get tickets however you'd like, and still take advantage of the AP savings.
One other thing to consider is the whole Fastpass+ scenario, and how that would work for you and your husband if you have different ticket media. That's all still up in the air for all of us as to how that works.

As far as dining, we have done both the DDP and TIW. That is a difficult decision, and unfortunately you're the only one that can determine that, all based on your eating habits. There is a spreadsheet that i'll post soon on this thread that may help you in determining what might work best for you. Personally for us, We save money with TiW. However with our trip coming up, we have a different party with us, and the DDP just happens to work out better in this case.
Thanks for quick follow up Hunclemarco!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
That's so exciting, angeejoe! I have booked the bounce back a few times (just booked a last month for BC this October!) and with the current offer, you don't need to add tickets. I would think that the AP would be a good investment if you are going back. If a better AP room rate comes out - they have been pretty much the same 35% off as the bounce back offers lately - you could always cancel your bounce back reservation and rebook with the AP offer. Also, we have found the TIW discount to be much better than dining plan. Have fun planning, and maybe we will see you at the BC this fall!
Thanks JulieT3! I'm super excited about this trip! I think the bounce back will be a great savings & Im really considering the AP! Do you have AP? Does TIW last from yer when you bought it? As this trip we having dining plus plan, so wouldn't need TIW until the fall trip. Where do you buy TIW? When will you be there in oct?

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #1657
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post

Thanks for quick follow up Hunclemarco!

Thanks JulieT3! I'm super excited about this trip! I think the bounce back will be a great savings & Im really considering the AP! Do you have AP? Does TIW last from yer when you bought it? As this trip we having dining plus plan, so wouldn't need TIW until the fall trip. Where do you buy TIW? When will you be there in oct?
TiW can be purchased at guest relations, good from date of purchase through 13 months (1year + one month)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Old 04-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #1658
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmermaid View Post

Thanks for the response. We won't be arriving until after 9pm so I guess I just get it at DHS the next morning.
That does seem to be the best option for you. We have a 515 ADR at CM the day we arrive and I was worried about what I would do about my card so I just had to call. Glad I could help!

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #1659
DJBass
Mouseketeer

Hi - is there a place at/near BC or in Boardwalk area that does hair wraps? Thanks
Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #1660
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBass View Post
Hi - is there a place at/near BC or in Boardwalk area that does hair wraps? Thanks
Yes. If memory servers, it's on the YC side of Storm Along Bay near the beach promenade.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #1661
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBass View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yes. If memory servers, it's on the YC side of Storm Along Bay near the beach promenade.
I don't have pictures of any of the booths around the YC/BC- hair wrapping, Pick-A-Pearl (is that still there) or anything else. If someone who is going soon is so inclined to take a couple of pictures of the booths, services and pricing, I would appreciate it!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #1662
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI, the summer offer is up on the Disney website just in case anyone is looking to book with it!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #1663
rusty4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Looks like a wall hair dryer

Dee,

I just looked at my pics from last Winter and it was the wall dryer. I remember being disappointed thinking that they had upgraded to the others before our trip. I would recommend bringing one if anyone has thick and hard to dry hair like I do. Those wall units take forever.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #1664
DJBass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

Thanks for your reply so it's something you can walk up for without reservations?
Old 04-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #1665
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBass

Thanks for your reply so it's something you can walk up for without reservations?
Yup.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: