Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #1591
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney
Happy Easter Everyone!

We are getting very excited about our upcoming trip...just 1 week and 6 days until we are in Disney!

We are currently booked YC CL GV. This is a reservation we've had since August, and we are super excited!! But, since this morning, I've also been a little confused...and here's why...

My husband mentioned that there is a pretty good CM discount being offered for the week we are there, on a select few resorts. He found out that for a few hundred dollars more for the week we can get a Garden Suite at the BWI, which also has CL access.

So, I'm just not sure what to do. I know nothing about the BWI. We've never stayed there and I don't know much about the Garden Suites. However, it sounds like they would give us a little more room, which would be nice with a 10 year old and a 13 year old.

I would be sad to say goodbye to SAB though...

You may wonder why I'm asking a group of BC / YC fans if I should switch to a different resort. But, over the last few months, I've come to learn that you are such a friendly and honest group. And, simply put, I trust your opinion.

So what would you do? Have any of you stayed in the Garden Suites at BWI before? I'm really puzzled. I know I'll be happy no matter what, but I need some good opinions! Thanks!!
I love the boardwalk area! On our first trip to disney my husband and I went out one night and hung out on the boardwalk. I fell in love with the area.

My only issue was the pool. I just can't get past the clown. But I looked into the resort.... Love the colors and interior but one long hallway, uh ah! I like the lay out of BC/YC better. One of the complaints about BWI is the long hallway.

I think I would try and see if I can find out where the suites are located in BWI if it was doable and the discount was good I would go for it. If I was paying the same amount as my room in BC/YC I would stick with the original plan. That's just me. But I've been dreaming of staying at YC since we started looking into our 1st family disney vac in 2008

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 03-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #1592
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post

Happy Birthday!
Thank you! It's been a busy, but great day. And as a gift, I received a brand new camera that I will happily use for our August stay at BC!
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #1593
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Happy Easter Everyone!

We are getting very excited about our upcoming trip...just 1 week and 6 days until we are in Disney!

We are currently booked YC CL GV. This is a reservation we've had since August, and we are super excited!! But, since this morning, I've also been a little confused...and here's why...

My husband mentioned that there is a pretty good CM discount being offered for the week we are there, on a select few resorts. He found out that for a few hundred dollars more for the week we can get a Garden Suite at the BWI, which also has CL access.

So, I'm just not sure what to do. I know nothing about the BWI. We've never stayed there and I don't know much about the Garden Suites. However, it sounds like they would give us a little more room, which would be nice with a 10 year old and a 13 year old.

I would be sad to say goodbye to SAB though...

You may wonder why I'm asking a group of BC / YC fans if I should switch to a different resort. But, over the last few months, I've come to learn that you are such a friendly and honest group. And, simply put, I trust your opinion.

So what would you do? Have any of you stayed in the Garden Suites at BWI before? I'm really puzzled. I know I'll be happy no matter what, but I need some good opinions! Thanks!!
A good problem to have! I have never stayed at BWI, so I don't have any advice for you. Pixarmom has stayed at both (YC and BWI), but she may still be away on vacation. She has posted comparisons to the two resorts in a prior thread, but I can't remember which one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post

Credit for the photo goes to oh my, I can't find the owner !!! ninjamom or pixarmom am I even close ? And credit for figuring out the correct libations and amounts goes to medicgirl177!!!

PM me your name and address!! I will be laminating next week!
That looks great!!! Thanks for doing this. I think it was NinjaMom who posted the picture. I'll look on Page 2 to see if I gave her credit.

DP is Dear Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
My birthday today too.

And if memory serves, the last time it fell on Easter was about 10 or 11 years ago.

Last edited by natebenma; 03-31-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #1594
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post

Credit for the photo goes to oh my, I can't find the owner !!! ninjamom or pixarmom am I even close ? And credit for figuring out the correct libations and amounts goes to medicgirl177!!!

PM me your name and address!! I will be laminating next week!
I LOVE IT!!! Nice work!

Old 03-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #1595
mistysue
DIS Veteran

I can't help but notice how CLEAN your Mickey is. My older son takes that guy everywhere! Sometimes he will cry in his sleep and if you hand him a stuffed animal, he will (in his sleep) feel to check that it's that Mickey. If not, he keeps crying. The result being ours looks terrible, I just hadn't realized quite how bad it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post

HAPPY EASTER!!

Angeejoe

I like vacations.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #1596
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'm not positive, but you may need to be careful that changes you make are a modification to the package you have, not a change that requires a rebooking of your trip (which may no longer be subject to the promotion). I don't know what the impact of adding one day, or taking one away would mean.

Yes, with a package you can cancel more than 45 days prior to the trip, but you are not guaranteed that you can rebook under the same terms.

I am hoping others with more experience with the booking/rebooking process can you more definitive information.
Thanks Dee!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #1597
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My birthday today too.

And if memory serves, the last time it fell on Easter was about 10 or 11 years ago.
JKSWonder!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #1598
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:

My birthday today too.

It was 11!! My DS was born 11 years ago on Easter Sunday!!! Happy Birthday to you JKSWonder!!!

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 03-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #1599
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My birthday today too.

Happy Birthday JKSWonder!!!

Boy we sure have a lot of birthdays here in our little BCYC World!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 03-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #1600
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysue View Post
I can't help but notice how CLEAN your Mickey is. My older son takes that guy everywhere! Sometimes he will cry in his sleep and if you hand him a stuffed animal, he will (in his sleep) feel to check that it's that Mickey. If not, he keeps crying. The result being ours looks terrible, I just hadn't realized quite how bad it was.
Lol ! Mine's so clean because I don't have kids! Though my 3 yr old nephew loves sleeping with all my Disney stuffed animals when he stays the night!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #1601
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone...hope you all had a lovely Easter Sunday! I have a question for everyone. Just today on the old WDW site (which is the only one we can get ) It finally popped up that I could do online check in. I started going through the motions to do it, but then it kicked me back out of it. I was going to try again tonight, but my question is this.

Does it really matter if I don't do the online check in? We are staying CL, so I wasn't sure if it was really necessary. Is the check in at CL part of the experience? But I do wonder about making the requests with the online check in. Will we get the daybed with us being five? If a full balcony is important should I do the online check in and request that?

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #1602
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

I have exciting news! You guys know how my Extended family vacation was put on hold this fall because my SIL is pregnant & due near our arrival, and how sad I was. So then I told you on my bday 2 was ago that DH said that he & would go sometime this fall, which sent me over the moon ! Well in the mean time, my 60 yr old aunt (who is also my godmother) asked if I'd like to go on a vacation as her husband doesn't travel (last year we went to Vegas w/ my mom, sister, 2 aunts & cousin-this was my aunts 1st vacation out of town in 20+ yrs & now has vacation bug). So of course I suggested my beloved Disney, & my aunt was worried it wouldn't work in her budget, & I let her know Disney can fit any budget, so I suggested Pop (so sad not my beloved BC/YC, but so happy to go)! I just booked us today at Pop 5/26-5/30 w/4 days standard tickets & dining plus plan! This will be my aunts 1st trip to Disney!

My aunt had asked me last month about going on a vacation, but I didn't want to commit as DH just graduated in Dec 2012 with 2nd degree & has been looking for new job so I didn't want spend until he found new job. Well 2 wks ago he was offered new management job & all of his background screening came back on Friday & has an official start date so DH gave me the green light!! He also found out he can take vacation after 6 mos so we can go this fall!!

Problems:
1. Finding inexpensive flights
2. Finding dinner reservations as things seemed booked

So the things I am now considering:
1. Upgrading tickets to AP when I arrive
2. Booking bounce back while at Pop for fall trip w/ DH to YC or BC

Any thoughts on AP/bounce back?

Thanks for listening to my long rambling story, I just wanted to give you full background story. All of you guys answering my questions really helped me plan this, thank you!

angeejoe
Old 03-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #1603
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
Problems:
1. Finding inexpensive flights
2. Finding dinner reservations as things seemed booked

So the things I am now considering:
1. Upgrading tickets to AP when I arrive
2. Booking bounce back while at Pop for fall trip w/ DH to YC or BC

Any thoughts on AP/bounce back?

Thanks for listening to my long rambling story, I just wanted to give you full background story. All of you guys answering my questions really helped me plan this, thank you!

angeejoe
You'll have to consider the difference between the bounceback offer and the AP.
The AP rate can be as much as 30%...sometimes 40% off if booking a deluxe room if they are having any specials when you choose to go again. The bounceback offer i believe requires a ticket purchase and a room. I haven't done one, so i'm not positive on that. If that is the case, buying the ap might be moot. The AP can give you additional discounts too, if your vacation style coinsides with it...tours, some dining discounts, and shopping...generally between 10 and 20%.
Congrats on your opportunity! and your husband's new employment!

Edit to add: Continue checking on your dining reservations...especially around the 45 day mark...some people may cancel.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Old 03-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #1604
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Cape May Clam Bake...

Just wondering if kids who qualify as "kids" for dining have access to all of the selections at the Cape May clam bake? I have kids who are adventurous eaters who would love to dive into the mussels, clams, crab, etc. and would hate to have them restricted to the mac/cheese and pizza.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 03-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #1605
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan
Just wondering if kids who qualify as "kids" for dining have access to all of the selections at the Cape May clam bake? I have kids who are adventurous eaters who would love to dive into the mussels, clams, crab, etc. and would hate to have them restricted to the mac/cheese and pizza.
Yes they can. My children love the crab legs!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: