Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #136
capeseal
DIS Veteran

And getting to DtD is just fine. And you are lulled into a false sense of security that the ride back will be okay as well. Only the ride back to YC/BC is always terrible. I wanted to use the route posted here when we were stuck behind the broken down bus on our trip of doom but DH said it wouldn't be any better. He was so so so wrong. That bus ride makes people crazy. I swear otherwise normal Disney guests become possessed and behave in terrible, inexplicable ways .

I also love the suggestion from someone a few posts back to take a boat out of DtD and then grab a bus to HS and walk back or take the boat back from there. Especially if it is late and you would have to wade through the drunken crazy of Epcot Food & Wine or a normal Saturday night in the World Showcase with young children.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #137
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

I have been off the boards for quite awhile - having a job will do that sometimes

I'm glad to find you all over here and look forward to reading about one of my favorites places!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #138
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatermom23 View Post
So much for planning the perfect trip! Our 25th anniversary is in April and DH loves to ride the segways, so I booked both locations and planned our trip around them. I got a call this morning from Epcot services that the segways have been canceled until further notice. She said the earliest that they would resume is May 1! Back to the drawing board! At least my YC reservations are still good!
Ahhh this is NO GOOD!! I have this booked for my DD and her soon to be DH for their honeymoon... It's booked for April 23rd I believe, but we haven't received that phone call yet, and IPO told me they know nothing right now... what to do what to do!! I guess I'll break this news to DD and see what else she wants to do... So sad, but what ya gonna do!

Hope you have a great anniversary trip anyway... at least you will still be at YC and Disney!!!

~Nannette

Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #139
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
Just wanted to pop in to bid farewell. We were supposed to be staying at the BC next week, but the resort is overbooked, and I got a call about being moved today. We were given the choice of Poly standard room or WL deluxe suite. That was a no-brainer, as we will have more space and CL access(!!!) at WL. We also love that resort and really feel at home there. I can't say I'm not a little disappointed as I've had my heart set on BC, but the resort will always be there, and now I get a free chance to experience club level . I hope all who have an upcoming trip have a wonderful time! Many thanks to Dee and all of the fabulous people who contribute to this board. I'm now off to research WL CL!
It's great that you are taking it in stride, and CL .

I will say, though, that reading this has me a little (I just saw another thread about the same thing happening to someone at YC). We are going in April so I'm imagining it'll be a busy time as well. If we get bumped, ugh, I'll be so upset. We were set to stay at BC last April and ended up moving at the last minute (totally by our choice) because we were due to be there when a large portion of SAB was to be closed. So this year is supposed to make up for that and all our plans are set around being in the Epcot area. Ugh .

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #140
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Ahhh this is NO GOOD!! I have this booked for my DD and her soon to be DH for their honeymoon... It's booked for April 23rd I believe, but we haven't received that phone call yet, and IPO told me they know nothing right now... what to do what to do!! I guess I'll break this news to DD and see what else she wants to do... So sad, but what ya gonna do!

Hope you have a great anniversary trip anyway... at least you will still be at YC and Disney!!!

~Nannette
Have you checked on the Fort Wilderness Segway's? I know it's kinda late in the game but might be worth a check....

Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #141
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

I describe my way of dealing with getting back from DTD (boat to a DTD resort, bus to EP, walk to BC) in the Other Useful Info post on page 1. My husband declared me a Disney Genious when I came up with this, and coming from him that is high praise! When I married Mr. Right, I didn't know his first name was Always.

I have scores of people who say they love this suggest! Or maybe it is one. Janetmom and Mr. Janetmom enjoyed this long, strange trip. So two.
Making a note of the alternate route now!!! Thanks so much!!! I knew about the boat from DTD to a resort, but after that I needed more direction!!!

Happy note, we will definitely be staying at BC come December!!! Wasn't sure of finances and really thought we would have to drop to POR (which, I wouldn't mind, but would miss the convenience of Epcot), but my DH just received word on how much his bonus would be for this year!!! Feeling less stressed by that bit of info!!! Now to wait a few more months to see if we will be blessed with a discount or FD!!!

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 02-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #142
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Have you checked on the Fort Wilderness Segway's? I know it's kinda late in the game but might be worth a check....
Well her and I have actually done all the segway tours and she wasn't a fan of the Fort Wilderness Tour. Maybe the Sea Aqua Tour would be cool for them... I'll check the spreadsheet and see what I can fit in! Thanks for the suggestion Mike!

~Nannette

Old 02-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #143
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I describe my way of dealing with getting back from DTD (boat to a DTD resort, bus to EP, walk to BC) in the Other Useful Info post on page 1. My husband declared me a Disney Genious when I came up with this, and coming from him that is high praise! When I married Mr. Right, I didn't know his first name was Always.

I have scores of people who say they love this suggest! Or maybe it is one. Janetmom and Mr. Janetmom enjoyed this long, strange trip. So two.
Yup, Mr. and Mrs. Janetmom loved this route on our last trip. The trip down the river from DTD to POR was so beautiful.

I was just talking to my husband about this and he agreed again that it was a great boat ride (although he feels being referred to as "Mr. Janetmom" is a bit emasculating. )

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #144
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomof1 View Post
Hi. I just read a post on Disney Food Blog that said paper products such as plates, cups, etc., has been changed to a yellow Disney silhouette design. Have things at Beach Club Marketplace and the Club Lounge changed yet? Anyone have photos of the new goodies? (Also, are the designs back on the paper napkins? Last time we were there, they were plain brown)
Thanks!
Not sure about the plates and stuff...but DH just told me that he heard or read somewhere (here, probably! ) that the reason for the plain brown napkins was that too many people were taking extra napkins as souvenirs...so probably no plans to change them back.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #145
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Concerning the DTD buses, can anyone say what the problems are to/from YC/BC? I think I've only ever taken a DTD bus from Contemporary and back, and I don't recall any issues. Is it consistently bad in your experience?
We normally stay at the Poly (our first stay at BC is in June), and the trip to and from DTD is always VERY LONG. The trip back to the POLY always takes over an hour.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #146
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4
Oh my, I found you all!!! A new thread and I'm caught up already!! So thankful for the wonderful green army man who pointed me in the right direction!! Thank you so much natebenma for unpacking everything for us so we can get settled more quickly!! I still haven't figured out how to put in the bananas and other fun items on my iPad when replying!!
Hello friend! Lol

Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #147
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran

We have booked BC CL GV for June 7-14 and we are looking forward to it!
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
Old 02-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #148
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

makes me feel like I'm going to

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal View Post
And getting to DtD is just fine. And you are lulled into a false sense of security that the ride back will be okay as well. Only the ride back to YC/BC is always terrible. I wanted to use the route posted here when we were stuck behind the broken down bus on our trip of doom but DH said it wouldn't be any better. He was so so so wrong. That bus ride makes people crazy.
It doesn't make me crazy, it makes me car sick. As in, Get Me Off This Bus And I'm Never Going To Downtown Disney Again car sick. And then a few years later I'll try again, with the same result. There also seems to be a lot of traffic, so it takes forever while I'm feeling

(Haven't used the Barfing Smiley in awhile, good to know it still works.)

Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #149
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Thanks again Dee for a great job on the new thread! Long day but peaked in here and there but still not all the way through.

Anyways, had to show a little excitement for a double digit dance....99 days to go!!!

Do they offer the Sunken Treasure in an IV?? I may need it!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 02-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #150
Skatermom23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post

~Nannette
Our reservations were for April 21. Our anniversary date is April 23th!
The girl who called us stated that it was an internal issue and that there was no chance of the tour being reinstated before May. After 25 years together we are used to such things going wrong and you roll with the punches!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: