Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #16
la79al
DIS Veteran

My DD will be 2.5 at the end of this week. We moved her to a toddler bed a few weeks ago because she was starting to climb out of her crib and was always a crappy sleeper anyhow so I figured why not try it. Anyhow, a few nights ago my girls decided to sleep together in DD4s twin size bed. If DD2 actually slept through the night, it would have worked out fine. They both sleep sideways when they are alone or in bed with me but when they were together they both slept in one position. My thought would be, let the 2 kids share a bed. They should both be so tired that they pretty much pass right out and you will get better sleep too. Use the bed rails and maybe put some extra pillows or a rolled up blanket at the bottom of the bed. My DD was too big for a Pack n Play last summer (and she is just average size) so I would not consider that. I don't know about whether 2 full size cribs would fit but I would think that would be overkill. When I only had 1 girlie, I would share a bed with her when we went away. I didn't get great sleep but it was okay. 1 tip I will give, don't plan your activities at home around DW. For example, don't move them to a toddler bed just so they will adjust to a regular bed at DW. I have found that I get totally different toddlers on vacation and all best laid plans go out the window.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #17
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

Ds went to a toddler bed on his 2nd birthday because I wanted him out of it before dd arrived. Dd went to the bottom bunk of bunkbeds at 17 months because the toddler bed had broken.

I would get bedrails and do either #2 or #3. Chances are if they've only slept alone #3 might not send with a lot of sleeping but now more playing around.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
Brojoef
Earning My Ears

My twins are 2 1/2 and have been out of cribs for 4+ months. My suggestion would be to put them in the bed together with bedrails or Mom and Dad each sleep with a twin. I think by 2 1/2 they will be ready for that.
Brojoef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #19
luvsmickeymouse
Opt to Adopt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAfamily View Post
I would go with option number 3. the kids are so tired by the end of the day that they usually go right to sleep and don't play around. Both you and your DH can be comfortable and the kids will have plenty of room in their bed too and be safe with the bed rails. I also have 2 year old twins and we got them toddler beds a couple months ago(they were two then too.) they kept climbing out of their cribs and wanted to sleep in "big kids beds" like there older siblings. good luck and have fun!!
This is what I would do as well.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
brooke789
Mouseketeer

I have not been to Disney (YET!) but I don't thinnk sleeping arrangements there should be any different than anywhere else. My twins (2yr 8M) also sleep in cribs at home. When we travel (since about 24M) they sleep in the Kidco PeaPod travel beds. It is a little pop-up tent like travel bed and they love love love it.

When we used them at Christmas this year at the Grandparents they were trying to sneak into their room so they could go hop in their beds. they love getting in there and playing.

I highly recommend these beds! Before these my twins slept in playards when we travel and the peapods are so much easier (other than blowing up the mattress to it) and take up a lot less space! According to the company they fit up to 6 years old. So, they last a long time too.

ETA: At home -- I'm of the camp that they'll stay in their cribs until they figure out they can climb out (and it becomes a safety issue).
brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #21
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

When we took our twins at 24 months, they slept in pack n plays that fit just fine in a standard CBR room. When we went back to CBR when they were 3.5, we put them both in one bed w/ bedrails. They were so tired at the end of the day they slept just fine. I think we put one pillow between them to keep our squirmer from kicking his brother in his sleep, but it worked well.

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:59 AM   #22
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

I would start out with the plan of getting bed rails for one of the beds and putting the girls together. If that does not work, you could put the child most causing the issues in the provided port-a crib. If that does not work well, I would take a child each to bed with each parent and use one of the rail on each bed.

As for travel, just get by....I would take one each. Most off site hotels will not have rails.

Both of our boys pretty much co-slept at home at that age, so travel was no different but we mostly got king beds.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #23
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke789 View Post
ETA: At home -- I'm of the camp that they'll stay in their cribs until they figure out they can climb out (and it becomes a safety issue).
I was always in this camp - it seemed to me that nap time started to decrease as soon as we transitioned. I borrowed a crib when #2 was born, and borrowed two for my twins. Actually, I think I might've borrowed a crib when #3 was born!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #24
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

We coslept at home, but even still, at daycare, my kids were out of the cribs by 1 year - on cots. We always split up - 1 kid with 1 adult - on vacations. Never used bed rails.

I would just wait till you get there and see what works. Don't stress about it.

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #25
quandrea
DIS Veteran

My twins are now 3.5 years old. They went into beds well before two, as they are very large (35 inches tall, 35 pounds). On holiday, they cannot sleeps together, as they play constantly. Only in the past six months can they even sleep in the same room while on holidays.

Now to your question. If you must, I'd sleep with the little ones and keeps them separate. I'd still get bedrails, as the bed are high and my dd, 9 had a serious fall out of one last year while at Disney. Would not have predicted that.

We'd probably go for the cribs though. It would enable me to move the kids around if need be. You could push the two queens together to free up some space, although I love the idea of a 2BR lock off. We did the lock of with my sister and it really provided more privacy for all, plus the extra kitchenette.

My twins would not fit in a pack and play past the age of 18 months, although you may not have kids as big as mine. The pack and plays are certainly more compact.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #26
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

My dd didn't fit in the pack and plays anymore at two! She was already 36" tall!
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #27
kam1011
Mouseketeer

My kids all moved into beds before 2yo. There is juuuuuusssst enough room to squeeze the cribs in there if you want to. I've done it with one crib and a rented toddler bed. But, I would probably put them together in the second bed with bed rails on both sides. Parents in one bed, kids in the other.

2000s:
5 off-site trips
All Star Music Family Suites
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge Villas (x2)
Old Key West (x2)
Saratoga Springs
AKL - Kidani Village
Bay Lake Tower

I may have missed some...

kam1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #28
Jimbo352
Earning My Ears

My twins will be 2 1/2 at the time of our trip, we were thinking of staying at the art of animation resort! My kids have been in todler beds for 6 months now, do they have bed rails at the Disney resorts, this was a big question my wife and I had! Thanks Jimmy
Jimbo352 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: