Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
back2disney
Mouseketeer

Need a nearby breakfast buffet

I just found out the Holiday Inn Express Maingate on Katella I reserved for summer is doing away with the free breakfast and breakfast buffet once it becomes an Indigo Hotel on May 17th. That was one of my main reasons for staying there. Any suggestions to find a quick place with variety to fill up on the way to the park in the morning?
back2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
bcla
DIS Veteran

Not that close and not that sure about the area but....

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=H...=m&mra=ls&z=14

HomeTown Buffet
2190 E Lincoln Ave
East Anaheim, CA 92806

There are the character breakfasts, but the prices are rather scary.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Hmmm i'm not sure, sorry.

Will you have mini-fridge/microwave in room?

You could order Von's delivery or go shopping on your own if you have car or are comfortable using busses/taxi.

You could get eggs, shredded cheese and tortillas (eggs to microwave) and make your own breakfast burritos

Bagels w/ peanut butter or cream cheese (pb keeps better if taking w you in park)

Mini cereal bowls (half gallon milk usually fits in mini fridges just fine)

Granola bars...

I found last year that even just a bagel w pb and granola bar was enough to get us going for the day (around 6:30/7am) then sometimes we'd take a break for Mickey pancakes at River Belle Terrace around 10am :-)
awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
nikkislaght
DIS Veteran

I dont know which end of Katella you will be on, but next to the Worldmark is a 7-11.
and on the Corner of S Harbor BLVD there is another 7-11. and a little bit further down is a Subway..

or you can go to Vons and get some breakfast stuff.. or bring stuff from home..

and then across from DL itself you have Denny's, IHop etc...

Hope you find something
nikkislaght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Residence Inn Maingate has a great hot breakfast buffet if you are willing to change hotels.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #6
back2disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
Residence Inn Maingate has a great hot breakfast buffet if you are willing to change hotels.

Jack

I'll have a fridge but no microwave. The hometown buffet looks like a 10 minute drive, I was looking for something within walking distance. The residence inn maingate cost quite a bit more per night to stay. Do you know if they are any other hotel allow a non-guest to purchase a free breakfast buffet?
Old 02-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2disney View Post
I'll have a fridge but no microwave. The hometown buffet looks like a 10 minute drive, I was looking for something within walking distance. The residence inn maingate cost quite a bit more per night to stay. Do you know if they are any other hotel allow a non-guest to purchase a free breakfast buffet?
Not aware of any at this time. Good luck.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
EmmersIsTheMommy
Ew maybe the dolls dance all night. *shudder*
... and she shall be called Epic Emily (per Crush)

If that is this important to you (it would be to me too!) I'd consider switching. That bites, I'm sorry!

My only other advice was gonna be the mcdonalds, Denny's and IHOP right across from Disneyland.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #9
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2disney View Post
You want to purchase a free breakfast buffet?

Really though, I think I know what you meant. You want to purchase a breakfast buffet that would otherwise be complimentary to paying hotel guests. For the most part I don't think most hotels are set up that way. Guests just sort of walk in, although some might require vouchers.

The only place I know of is the Hilton Anaheim at Mix Restaurant in their lobby, and that's really close to where you're staying. It's a really nice place, but that's really priced for people visiting conventions and on expense reports. We stayed at the hotel, but didn't feel like paying $25 each for breakfast. We already did the overpriced four-star hotel breakfast buffet while we were in San Diego; we ate enough that we just skipped lunch. Some guests have an inclusive package with breakfast buffet vouchers. We ended up either getting pastries at the Starbucks in the lobby or driving to McDonald's (the one on Ball actually has a dollar menu unlike the one across the street from DL). We also bought bananas and yogurt from Wal-Mart.

http://www.hiltonanaheimhotel.com/pdf/mix-breakfast.pdf

Quote:
Breakfast Buffet

build your own parfait, sliced fruit, greek yogurt, steel cut oatmeal,
seasonal hot entrées, breakfast breads, danishes, muffins, croissants,
made to order omelets, french toast, pancakes, waffles, juices 25

Last edited by bcla; 02-26-2013 at 04:28 PM.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
back2disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
You want to purchase a free breakfast buffet?

Really though, I think I know what you meant. You want to purchase a breakfast buffet that would otherwise be complimentary to paying hotel guests. For the most part I don't think most hotels are set up that way. Guests just sort of walk in, although some might require vouchers.

The only place I know of is the Hilton Anaheim at Mix Restaurant in their lobby, and that's really close to where you're staying. It's a really nice place, but that's really priced for people visiting conventions and on expense reports. We stayed at the hotel, but didn't feel like paying $25 each for breakfast. We already did the overpriced four-star hotel breakfast buffet while we were in San Diego; we ate enough that we just skipped lunch. Some guests have an inclusive package with breakfast buffet vouchers. We ended up either getting pastries at the Starbucks in the lobby or driving to McDonald's (the one on Ball actually has a dollar menu unlike the one across the street from DL). We also bought bananas and yogurt from Wal-Mart.

http://www.hiltonanaheimhotel.com/pdf/mix-breakfast.pdf
Thanks for the response:-) Yeah I'm typing and researching on fumes, lol. $25 is a bit too much but I was able to search individual hotels off google maps closer to mine or on the way to the park and call or find on the website for details. So far and I haven't done many are Red Lion has breakfast buffet for $9.95adults, kids 10 and under free and Anaheim Plaza Hotel & Suites(Mi Casita Bar & Grill) $9.95adults, kids(9 maybe? and under free) I will check more later when I am more awake:-)
Old 02-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #11
tlovesdis
Disneyland Obsessed!!!
My room has a Mickey theme!

While I do not like the Anaheim Plaza hotel to stay at, their breakfast buffet is very good!!! You get a lot of good food for $10!!!

Two trips in the making...

August 1-4, 2014

December 6-9, 2014 (Birthday trip)
tlovesdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #12
disneylandkitkat
Mouseketeer

Garden walk has a good breakfast buffet saturday and sunday at fire and ice. I go everytime when staying at near by hotel
disneylandkitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #13
PrinceCharming28
Earning My Ears

it's not free, but Captain Kidd's which is across the street from the Disneyland sign in the entrance of the bus un/loading terminal, on the street sidewalk. They have buffets close to DL but it's not free. But it's cheap
PrinceCharming28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #14
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceCharming28
it's not free, but Captain Kidd's which is across the street from the Disneyland sign in the entrance of the bus un/loading terminal, on the street sidewalk. They have buffets close to DL but it's not free. But it's cheap
Two of the biggest things I've learned from the DIS is to never eat at Captain Kidd's or stay at Eden Roc.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Why do you need a buffet? We like to eat quick and get to the parks. Fruit, bagels/cream cheese, jerky, muffins....
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: