DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
momof3poohlovers
DIS Veteran

BLT Grand Villa

We have a lake view Grand Villa at BLT reserved. Has anyone ever stayed in one? Any recommendations on location? Are they as nice as they look in pictures?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
LadyKay
Mouseketeer

We haven't been yet, but will be in one in 5 short days I will be sure to let you know as well as post pics.
LadyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKay View Post
We haven't been yet, but will be in one in 5 short days I will be sure to let you know as well as post pics.
I am really jealous!!! Hope you have a great trip and I look forward to hearing about it
Old 02-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #4
wdwnut
DIS Veteran

We've stayed in lake view GVs twice so far. Our only request has been north tower. We've stayed all the way down the end of the hall - I believe the room number ends in 02 and also the one right next to TOW lounge. They are awesome. We're taking our twin 2 year old nieces this May and were able to get a GV again. www.baylaketower.net has some great gv pictures

We also like the one story gv at BWV.
wdwnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
LadyKay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut View Post
We've stayed in lake view GVs twice so far. Our only request has been north tower. We've stayed all the way down the end of the hall - I believe the room number ends in 02 and also the one right next to TOW lounge. They are awesome. We're taking our twin 2 year old nieces this May and were able to get a GV again. www.baylaketower.net has some great gv pictures

We are also booked 4 nights at a grand villa @BWV following our 3 nights at BLT. Hoping for a one story as well We then are making our way over to Vero for 3 nights in a BC. It's a grand gathering family vacation! 3 more sleeps
Old 02-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
LadyKay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut View Post

We are also booked 4 nights at a grand villa @BWV following our 3 nights at BLT. Hoping for a one story as well We then are making our way over to Vero for 3 nights in a BC. It's a grand gathering family vacation! 3 more sleeps
Old 03-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
LadyKay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3poohlovers View Post
We have a lake view Grand Villa at BLT reserved. Has anyone ever stayed in one? Any recommendations on location? Are they as nice as they look in pictures?
We are here now, checked in today! BLT's Grand Villa is awesome! Superb even! Just like the photos, if not better. We requested a north side villa and received our request. Room 8510 to be precise. We have a lake view as well as THE BEST Magic Kingdom view we've ever had (even when we've splurged on booking a MK view) because it's minus the parking lot I will post picks when I can
Old 03-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #8
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We stayed in LK GV at BLT for 6 nights over NYE this year! It was awesome and so worth using 2.5 years worth of points! I think we may need to add on since I could really get used to it We were in the North building also and I thought we were upgraded because we had the most amazing MK view! The downside if there is one - it was a HA room which got old since we did most meals in the room and the kitchen was really awkward! You had to bend down to wash dishes minor stuff but SO WORTH IT for NYE and the fireworks from the balcony!

Enjoy

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKay View Post
Wow, how wonderful!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #10
momof3poohlovers
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! We are so excited. We stayed on the 14th floor in a 2 bedroom in the last room at the end of the hall in the north tower (room 8402) and our view was amazing so I think we will request that tower again.

LadyKay- I am so glad you are loving your room! Hopefully we can get the same room. Is the room as stunning as it looks online?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
LadyKay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks everyone! We are so excited. We stayed on the 14th floor in a 2 bedroom in the last room at the end of the hall in the north tower (room 8402) and our view was amazing so I think we will request that tower again.

LadyKay- I am so glad you are loving your room! Hopefully we can get the same room. Is the room as stunning as it looks online?
BLT GV is in fact just as stunning as the photos online We've now moved to BWV GV and it too is awesome! Love the location and set up of both!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
grinder6
Earning My Ears

Id love to see BWV GV pics if you could. We're headed to one in October. Have a great trip!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #13
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder6 View Post
Id love to see BWV GV pics if you could. We're headed to one in October. Have a great trip!
Me too! In the process of trying to buy BWV so we can hopefully get the GV there!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #14
LadyKay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228

Me too! In the process of trying to buy BWV so we can hopefully get the GV there!
I will be happy to. I just may need a bit of time to sort through all my photos. We are in the two story,(5037 to be precise) was hoping for the one level but we are thrilled and enjoying it regardless.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #15
goNDmay9
Mouseketeer

Sorry to revive an old thread... But for those who have stayed, was it worth the extra points splurge??? Compared to say using your points for two 2 Bedrooms at BLT or a 2 Bedroom and a studio for less. Is it something that should be saved for something special like some of the PP's NYE and weddings?

Those GV pics are just gorgeous and I am so tempted!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: