DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

How long does it take to receive your contract?

I accepted the counter-offer on Monday and sent my information via email yesterday. She wrote in the email that once the points summary from Disney was received, she would send the contract. So I was just wondering how long this process takes? TIA
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY
I accepted the counter-offer on Monday and sent my information via email yesterday. She wrote in the email that once the points summary from Disney was received, she would send the contract. So I was just wondering how long this process takes? TIA
Could be diff from broker to broker and such. Ours was off to rofr within 24 hrs cause myself and the seller got our signed paperwork back in hours of getting the emails.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Planning Thanksgiving Park/Cruise Trip!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
a742246
older than dirt

Good for you! From my experience from the time you agree with the seller and the time you get your points is about 8 weeks. Here is some pixie dust for you....
a742246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
fortheloveofminnie
Earning My Ears

Seller and I agreed to a price on a Monday, agent verified points with Disney and the contracts came on a Wednesday, Seller and I both signed and returned by Thursday morning. It was sent to Disney on a Thursday afternoon. This was one week ago. Now I'm waiting out the ROFR process. Good luck with your contract!
fortheloveofminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

We just passed ROFR yesterday. We made 1st offer on 1/18 and went back and forth and offer was accepted on 1/20. We got contracts in e-mail on 1/21 and signed and e-mailed back that same day. It was sent to Disney for ROFR on 1/22. A lot was done over a weekend too (some brokers don't work on weekends ). You should get contract soon. Good luck on ROFR!
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Total time is around 70 to 75 days, start to finish. Your broker will have the best info on Disney's current time line.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
We just passed ROFR yesterday. We made 1st offer on 1/18 and went back and forth and offer was accepted on 1/20. We got contracts in e-mail on 1/21 and signed and e-mailed back that same day. It was sent to Disney for ROFR on 1/22. A lot was done over a weekend too (some brokers don't work on weekends ). You should get contract soon. Good luck on ROFR!
Congrats! Still waiting for ours to come back, little anxious...............
Old 02-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
Minnies Dad
Earning My Ears

Our end to end timeline is at the post below. Congrats and good luck!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3065364
Minnies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #9
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by a742246 View Post
Good for you! From my experience from the time you agree with the seller and the time you get your points is about 8 weeks. Here is some pixie dust for you....
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortheloveofminnie View Post
Seller and I agreed to a price on a Monday, agent verified points with Disney and the contracts came on a Wednesday, Seller and I both signed and returned by Thursday morning. It was sent to Disney on a Thursday afternoon. This was one week ago. Now I'm waiting out the ROFR process. Good luck with your contract!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Congratulations and thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnies Dad View Post
Our end to end timeline is at the post below. Congrats and good luck!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3065364
Thank you

I know the process is going to take a month longer than normal resales since it is a bankruptcy. But I just thought that I would have received the contract today. Oh well. Hopefully the realtor will email it to me tomorrow as it would be the longest weekend ever if I have to wait until Monday. I just want to sign it, send it back and not think about it for 2-3 months lol.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #10
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbound09 View Post
Congrats! Still waiting for ours to come back, little anxious...............
I bet you'll hear within the next few days. Fingers crossed that you get good news soon!!
Edit to add: I just looked over the ROFR thread and it seems Dec and June are the unlucky months that the mouse likes to buy back (and a lot of OKW with various UY).

Last edited by lovin'fl; 02-21-2013 at 10:06 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #11
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
I know the process is going to take a month longer than normal resales since it is a bankruptcy. But I just thought that I would have received the contract today. Oh well. Hopefully the realtor will email it to me tomorrow as it would be the longest weekend ever if I have to wait until Monday. I just want to sign it, send it back and not think about it for 2-3 months lol.
We're in the same situation. Just signed contract, faxed it back with deposit today. This resale is also going through a bankruptcy... i guess the long wait begins.

Best wishes with your contract

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #12
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
We're in the same situation. Just signed contract, faxed it back with deposit today. This resale is also going through a bankruptcy... i guess the long wait begins.

Best wishes with your contract
Thank you, you too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: